05-04-2017
    Country
    This is shin01176's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FH Update

Nice to have see you are visiting our homepage for this week's update. For today, rather than showing one particular group of things we have some assorted stuff. Many people will be curious about which maps will be included with the official Fan Map Pack #2. Our initial evaluations have been made and we are ready to announce the maps that will participate in the 2nd round. Evaluation criteria have been the visual impression, performance, tactical gameplay (meaning balance, flow, etc.) and the quality of the general idea for the map.

Qualified for 2nd round of rating:
    - Battle_for_ortona
    - Burma
    - Chartres
    - Nuenen 1944
    - Road_To_Ramelle
    - Tali Ihantala
    - Trois_Ponts

We hope the mappers whose maps did not make it into the 2nd round of rating are not disappointed. The Forgotten Hope Development Team would like to thank you for taking part in that contest and we really hope to see more of your maps in the next contest!
    For the mappers whose maps made it into the next round, you will have another 2 weeks to overwork your map and tune it up a little bit. To be able to adjust your the maps to the upcoming version you will receive access to the latest internal betatest version. So don't lose any time and catch up with ArminAce. Afterwards we will playtest the maps once more, the winner will be declared, and he will be able to claim his prize:

He may request a static and vehicle which will be content of on of the upcoming Forgotten Hope release versions (not the Panzer III though ) that he may use for one of his next maps. This must be a vehicle or static that could actually have been found on a Second World War battlefield, and must be of a reasonable scope (i e, a building, not a whole town). We reserve the right to turn down any request that we consider unsuitable or unreasonable, but we do not expect that there will be any problem, as long as the winner does not go off the deep end.

For the mod development progress we would like to inform you about some stuff that has been completed in the last couple of days. First of all, a feature that was originally suggested in the forums made so much sense that we decided to include it. All the flag icons on the minimap have been provided with a transparency effect for 0.66.

But that's enough of text-only information. We also have some images for you. The good old Piat got a new face thanks to McGibs who redid the whole model.

And last but not least another suggestion out of the forums becomes real. It's getting hot with the Sherman POA, the US flamethrower tank used in the Pacific during WW2.

We're very grateful you decided to stop by the site and check on our progress, be sure to visit by our public forums and discuss this news update. The release date will be announced very soon so come back next week for another news update from Forgotten Hope.

-------------------------------------
    Now all we need are some good ol Flammpanzers I&II's!![/img]
    WaW #9: RA[33FM]///|Shinobi WaW #10: Jg52[39Fj]//|Shinobi WaW #11: Ki[ToL]|Shin - MIA -
    AT2 US Navy
    100% Against Stupid Rally Points

Last Online
    12-26-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    link.

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country
    This is H62|Cp Tharos's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do they keep on denying the making of the Panzer III! I'm gonna go make my OWN mod (once I learn how to mod) and call it Forgotten Hope: The Panzer III Mod. Who is with me?!?!?!?!

PS nice flame tank.

Last Online
    03-23-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flame tank looks like it could cause some heavy destruction 8). That new piat skin is also awesome, and I don't care about the pz III, people are too hyped up about that vehicle.

Ri[Gj37]/|Catalyst
    flamethrower tank used in the Pacific during WW2.
    Will there be an infantry variant FOR anti-tank purposes?

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sees the pictures of the new flame tanks*

*faints*

Registered User Allies 29 Private
    Last Online
    05-04-2017
    Country
    This is shin01176's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey how yout think WE feal!? Your gonna be using them on us!
    WaW #9: RA[33FM]///|Shinobi WaW #10: Jg52[39Fj]//|Shinobi WaW #11: Ki[ToL]|Shin - MIA -
    AT2 US Navy
    100% Against Stupid Rally Points

Registered User Allies 24 Private First Class
    Last Online
    08-23-2012
    Country
    This is 68A|Pf torex's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar[J35
    /|Catalyst]
    you think about molotow-cocktails? *g*
    +++ Join the World at War-Facebook-Group! +++ Red Guards & Tirpitz forever!+++

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    05-11-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FLAMETHROWER TANK!

edit: Uh, what happens when you kill em? do they like turn into roased marshmellows, catch on fire, or just die like someone shoot them? Cause if they caught on fire that would be so freakin awsome.

Last Online
    05-22-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice...
    Fobo, who is retired
    WaW 10: Gw[Gj37]//|Fobo, 37th Gebirgsjäger Division, Gebirgswölfe, Schütze
    WaW 9: Ka[J35]//|Fobo, 35th Imperial Japanese Division, Kuma, Joto Hei
    WaW 8: Sp[PkF]//|Fobo, XXIX Panzerkorps "Fenrir", Sturmpioniere, Obergefreiter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobo
    Red stands for Mario, and green stands for Luigi; go Super Mario Brothers! Red and green are also Christmas colors.

Ri[Gj37]/|Catalyst
    Quote Originally Posted by [34GD
    RG|Efre.torex]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar[J35
    /|Catalyst]
    you think about molotow-cocktails? *g*
    Not necessarily. Molotov cocktails were used by Russian infantry for AT but the Germans used flamethrowers for AT purposes.

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    09-11-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [34GD
    SR|Efre.Dunsinane]Why do they keep on denying the making of the Panzer III! I'm gonna go make my OWN mod (once I learn how to mod) and call it Forgotten Hope: The Panzer III Mod. Who is with me?!?!?!?!
    You should make that, but still not include the Panzer III, just to screw with people.
    [IMG:677:200:b81f8df159]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/LlamaMasters/snakesonaplanesig.jpg[/img:b81f8df159]
    Masters: sick of motha****in' snakes on motha****in' planes since WaW9

[38GM]AR|YSmi.Durfiel
    lol, I'm with Masters there, that's a damn good idea.