05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FH Update- Shotgun and AT rifle

Welcome back to the next installment in our series of weekly updates leading up to the release of the 0.66 patch of Forgotten Hope! We have a few new renders to show off for today showcasing a few of the new infantry weapons making their way into this next patch.

First up we'd like to show off two of our newest anti tank rifles! The British Boyes anti tank rifle and the famous Soviet PTRD-41 Anti Tank rifle. Both of these new weapons will give infanty a very long arm for dealing with those pesky tanks on the battlefield. The Boyes was modelled by Montoya and skinned by Jackalx2k and the PTRD-41 was modelled and skinnned by McGibs.

We'd also like to show off another hard hitting weapon, the Winchester Shotgun, modelled and skinned by Lobo!

We'd also like to post a little reminder to all of the mappers out there working hard on the mapping contest submissions. The deadline is the 26th of November which means that there are still 3 weeks to get your submission done and sent in to Armin Ace. We're looking forward to seeing all the hard work that you have been putting into these maps, and hope to be able to include many of them in the fan map pack! If this is the first you've heard of this contest, or you need to see more details, go here.

That's all for this weeks news update, soon we will be pushing out the patch that fixes the Pacific Map problems along with a content update, so stay tuned for more information on that!

Registered User Allies 29 Private
    Last Online
    05-04-2017
    Country
    This is shin01176's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shot...gun... Wahoo!! I want it!!!
    I been waitin for a PTRD rifle to ^_^

Anonymous
    yay at rifles
    deadly in groups

[Sponsor Me]Vertical
    man that shotgun will be awesome, i cant wait.

Does anyone happen to know if the .66 patch will be a small patch and will be out in only a month or 2 or it will be a big one like .65 was and could take up to 5-8 months?

Veteran Allies 24 Recruit
    Last Online
    10-24-2011
    Country
    This is 68R|Rc Petru's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one noticing that the "Quick patch to fix a few errors and balance some maps, no new content" is rapidly heading down the path of more content, "coming soon", more content, "when it's ready", more content, "6 months and 3gb later"...

BFE:WaW #6 - Allies 22RN - Royal Tank Regiment - Private -> 2nd Lt.
    BFE:WaW #7 - Allies 24th MEU - Division - Colonel (Retd.)
    BFE:WaW #8 - Allies 32nd SD - Division - Lt.General
    BFE:WaW #9 - Allies 34th GD - Division - Marshal
    BFE:WaW #10 - Axis Generalfeld Marschall Armee Gruppe X
    BFE:WaW #11 - Axis ToL - Jääkärikomppania Karhu Infantry - Kapteeni

Last Online
    08-08-2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I KNEW IT!!! I SO FRICKIN KNEW IT!!!! i told you i saw it in the rfa files.....heck theres a lot of stuff there.

speculative items:
    phosphorus grenades
    flamethrowers
    pearl harbor

just to name a few. If they arent going to do it, why would they leave the code in the rfas?

Quote Originally Posted by [TA
    Ordos {PIMP}]he was heavily influenced on them by the "classic" space battles of WWII

Veteran Allies 24 Recruit
    Last Online
    10-24-2011
    Country
    This is 68R|Rc Petru's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flamers are already in, we've got the Sherman POA on the mod team test map, but it's pretty fubar, You can destroy a Jagdpanzer IV with it, heh, and the heat guage doesnt work.

BFE:WaW #6 - Allies 22RN - Royal Tank Regiment - Private -> 2nd Lt.
    BFE:WaW #7 - Allies 24th MEU - Division - Colonel (Retd.)
    BFE:WaW #8 - Allies 32nd SD - Division - Lt.General
    BFE:WaW #9 - Allies 34th GD - Division - Marshal
    BFE:WaW #10 - Axis Generalfeld Marschall Armee Gruppe X
    BFE:WaW #11 - Axis ToL - Jääkärikomppania Karhu Infantry - Kapteeni

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is Cyan Winters's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um...don't any of you remember when .61 came out?

There was supposed to be a .62 patch released within a few weeks to add some tweaks and balance stuff, then it turned into .65, was was supposed to be a kinda big update, but nothing like .7, and the months later...

.65 is a huge update, and like .61, a .66 patch has been promised.

I bet .66 will turn into .7 and be released in Febuary.
    Cyan Winters.
    Excellence in tanks since Campaign 6
    [6][7][8][9][10][11][12][20][21][22][23][24][27]

Last Online
    08-08-2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [34GD
    GT|Kpt.Cyan Winters]

I bet .66 will turn into .7 and be released in Febuary.
    of 2006

Quote Originally Posted by [TA
    Ordos {PIMP}]he was heavily influenced on them by the "classic" space battles of WWII

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mar.Petru]Flamers are already in, we've got the Sherman POA on the mod team test map, but it's pretty fubar, You can destroy a Jagdpanzer IV with it, heh, and the heat guage doesnt work.

Give spoiler warning next time!!!

I knew this but I didn't want to hear it ...

[Ret.]DarkSoldier
    Update looks great. Really excited to use that sweet winchester!!!!

Last Online
    03-20-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of odd stuff in the Rfa's.

They said they would clean it all before 0.65, but I can see a lot of new stuff which isn't used, or is just crapp, not coded, etc...

Anyways, I want an axis shotgun too!!!11!!1one!!
    [img:280:60:e3caa3cbfd]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/darkhawk/sig_waw12_1.png[/img:e3caa3cbfd]
    BFE-WaW #6 [22RN]T|Pte.DarKHawK - Royal Tank Regiment
    BFE-WaW #7 SgP[KgG]/|DarKHawK -> RLPI[V27]/|DarKHawK - Regiment de Linie
    BFE-WaW #8 PsP&A[31ToL]^|DarKHawK - Panssariprikaati
    BFE-WaW #9 SR!&[J35]~|DarKHawK - Sensha Rentai "Ryujin" (Voted Best Tanker and Best in Company)
    BFE-WaW #10 Ti[39Fj]///|DarKHawK -> Ri[Gj37]///|DarKHawK - sPzAbt. 505 "Ritter"
    BFE-WaW #11 PsK[ToL]//|DarKHawK - Panssariosasto Karjala
    BFE-WaW Classic 501[HgA]///|DarKHawK - Schwere Panzer Abteilung 501
    BFE-WaW #12 Rk[J43]//|DarKHawK - Ryuukaisha "Dragons"
    Retirement

Last Online
    01-31-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've had the shotgun in the pictures section of the weapons page under 'American weapons' tab forever.....bout time they finally got around to putting it in the actual game.
    What the devil?

Last Online
    12-05-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they are so keen on putting new equipment into the 0.66 patch, that they may forget fixing all the 0.65 bugs.
    21stCW#1 ===> [O4]R|Sgt.MasterOhh
    21stCW#2 ===> [8MD]B|Sgt.MasterOhh
    21stCW#3 ===> [14SA]B|2Lt.MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#6 ==>Jkm[AgB]^^^|MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#7 ==>WkT[KgG]^^^|MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#8 ==>Pz[PkF]^^^|MasterOhh

Cold Steel and Sex Appeal

Last Online
    04-19-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't we put a bit of pressure on the FH team to FIX the problems with .65 rather than obscuring all that with the newest uber leet Winchester and the wh00ping PTRD? I for one prefer to have tank meshes that work, Pacific maps that you can use the knee mortar with and fixing some of the stuff our poor mini-mod team has had to fix instead. Just food for thought but keep on about the new weapons and all. Seem exciting.
    Proud honorary member of the RK - Ryuukaisha
    Proud member of the Jg - Jagdgeschwader Schlageter
    Proud member of the AC - Alto Commando
    Proud member of the PM - Päämaja
    Proud member of the PK - Pioneeriyksikkö Karhu
    Proud member of the Sg - Siegfried Panzergrenadiere
    Proud member of the A-Team - The Professionals

J. Nix
    We cant use buck shot tho fellas! its against the geneva convention! lol its "inhumain"

Last Online
    09-19-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    before you guys start ranting a bit too much

Yesterday I had a chat session with one of my most active teammates, he told me he was not working in FH stuff because he was pissed off because the last days bitching, think about it the next time somebody thinks can give us lessons how to deal with our business.

I really miss the old good times, 2 years ago when Coolguy and the others of our small core of diehard fans just said "Oh, 1337 new model, I creamed my pants!!!!"

Let me explain you (It doesn't really care because 15 minutes later somebody will post the same again, but anyways):

1. Almost all the stuff we are posting that will appear in 0.66 are things that were almost finished before the 0.65 release, it was easy to finally finish it and release them alongside the bugfixes

2. The bugfixing is mainly a coders work, what do you want, that the modeler/skiners are sat over our asses doing nothing?, I have not clue about how fix a code problem, but I know how to model and skin....tachan, here you go, shotgun, when you enjoy it in 0.66 the kickass shotgun I will request you public apologies
    lobo said that in the main forums on a thread about how the devs are going to far with stuff, heh if i was on there team i would have quit already with all the complaining people do

Last Online
    12-06-2016
    Country
    This is BigBlueCheese's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AC[33FM
    ***|Nemein]Why don't we put a bit of pressure on the FH team to FIX the problems with .65 rather than obscuring all that with the newest uber leet Winchester and the wh00ping PTRD? I for one prefer to have tank meshes that work, Pacific maps that you can use the knee mortar with and fixing some of the stuff our poor mini-mod team has had to fix instead. Just food for thought but keep on about the new weapons and all. Seem exciting.

Well, although that shotgun looks pretty sexy.

[42Wx]C|Pte.ActionMan
    Quote Originally Posted by [36GR
    P|ALDaf.Magnum]We cant use buck shot tho fellas! its against the geneva convention! lol its "inhumain"
    So are 50 cal rounds. That's why I always aim for the axis canteens and not for the soldiers.

Last Online
    01-31-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RG*|Pra.Lukav]before you guys start ranting a bit too much

Yesterday I had a chat session with one of my most active teammates, he told me he was not working in FH stuff because he was pissed off because the last days bitching, think about it the next time somebody thinks can give us lessons how to deal with our business.

I really miss the old good times, 2 years ago when Coolguy and the others of our small core of diehard fans just said "Oh, 1337 new model, I creamed my pants!!!!"

Let me explain you (It doesn't really care because 15 minutes later somebody will post the same again, but anyways):

1. Almost all the stuff we are posting that will appear in 0.66 are things that were almost finished before the 0.65 release, it was easy to finally finish it and release them alongside the bugfixes

2. The bugfixing is mainly a coders work, what do you want, that the modeler/skiners are sat over our asses doing nothing?, I have not clue about how fix a code problem, but I know how to model and skin....tachan, here you go, shotgun, when you enjoy it in 0.66 the kickass shotgun I will request you public apologies
    lobo said that in the main forums on a thread about how the devs are going to far with stuff, heh if i was on there team i would have quit already with all the complaining people do
    I agree, it's gotta suck to hear people moaning about your work, but that's going to happen no matter what you do. There'll always be someone out there ranting, "IT SUCKS CAUSE ITS NOT PERFECT!!1!" But you have to develop a thick skin for them. The real joy in making a game or a mod is going on a server of people playing and enjoying your mod.

-----

But if you keep churning out models and new weapons and skins and stuff, you need someone to code all that and get it ingame. Otherwise, the models are useless and....sit there.

So, by churning out new equipment and objects, you are in theory hurting the mod by making more work for the coders. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of great coders out there, and there is the old Catch-22.
    What the devil?

Last Online
    09-06-2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yay! shotgun!

I'm working on a map, but i doubt ill be done by the Nov.26 deadline
    We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

Intel i5-750 @ 2.66GHz | NVIDIA GTX 260 896MB (192) | CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 | Creative SB Audigy 2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Veteran Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    11-12-2018
    Country
    This is [Ret]Interpol's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I may expand a bit Trekki, I would have to say it is much like setting the bar too high for yourself and even if you do good, you still aren't surpassing yourself. So basically, people want better and more even though what you are giving is still above average. Just one of those things that they have to get a thick skin and like you said, "[get] on a server...and enjoy your mod".

Last Online
    09-19-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing you also have to remember was alot of this stuff wasnt quite ready for .65 but was pretty much done

Last Online
    06-30-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry guys...we have our mini mod to stave off our hunger for .66