User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Last Online
    04-30-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work Scorpion. A big pat on the backl for the fella. Can't wait to try it out.

......Click Sig For Records......

RA*[33FM]^|Antimatter
    Where do we submit mini-mod bugs?
    I've found a problem with the Bf-109. The cannon (edit) convergence is off considerably. If you fire the hub cannon you can see that the shot will hit well above where it's aimed.

[FEB]HD|Sd.sep
    After some playtime I am of the opinion that the SMGs have been nerfed a bit too much. I had an easier time killing in close quarters with my rifle than people with SMGs because by the second or third short (depending on tompson or mp40) their rounds were hitting practically behind them. It's one thing to try and make the game more realistic, it's another to totally destroy an aspect of it by doing so, and render a set of weapons inneffective.

Last Online
    03-28-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say I have the same feeling. You can't hit anything more than five meters away either. I think it was a bit overdone..

BFE-WaW: [22RN] [26MEU] [30AI] [36GR] [FEB] [42Wx] [44M]
    BFE-CoD: [A1] [Ax4.] [A5] [A7] [Ax12.] [Ax16.] Forgotten Honor:
    [7FJ] [8th]

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat
    Last Online
    05-25-2012
    Country
    This is 70R|Sd Greenfriend's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who added the cow sound?
    The soldier formerly knowns as:
    [32SD]B|Sgt.Greenfriend - [34GD]RG#|Lt.Greenfriend - [38GM]AT|Aloc.Greenfriend - [46Z]G|Sze.Greenfriend

Veteran Allies 24 Recruit
    Last Online
    10-24-2011
    Country
    This is 68R|Rc Petru's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, there is no default "SMG range" anymore, every weapon has it's own characteristics.

If you want an idea of what does what, just look at history. Thompson? Massive round, huge stopping power, but very short range. PPSh? Longer range, small round. And so on.

They're all modelled based on real characteristics now, and realistic ranges to boot. No more .65 sniping.

BFE:WaW #6 - Allies 22RN - Royal Tank Regiment - Private -> 2nd Lt.
    BFE:WaW #7 - Allies 24th MEU - Division - Colonel (Retd.)
    BFE:WaW #8 - Allies 32nd SD - Division - Lt.General
    BFE:WaW #9 - Allies 34th GD - Division - Marshal
    BFE:WaW #10 - Axis Generalfeld Marschall Armee Gruppe X
    BFE:WaW #11 - Axis ToL - Jääkärikomppania Karhu Infantry - Kapteeni

Last Online
    06-03-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must say, that im pretty dissapointed about the CQ weapons. First they took the spawnable classes off, and now the thompson is a big joke. I'm really hoping they will fix it back.
    [img:400:200:73d299f851]http://www.elisanet.fi/tomi.vahtera/sig6.jpg[/img:73d299f851]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BFE:WaW #6: 22nd Royal Navy Battle Group | Parachute Regiment | Corporal
    BFE:WaW #7: 24th Marines Expeditionary Unit | Yankee Company | Corporal
    BFE:WaW #8: 30th Australian Infantry Division | Tasmania Regiment | Corporal
    BFE:WaW #8: Voted for the best Close Quarter fighter in 30AI
    BFE:WaW #9: 36th Gurkha Rifles Division | Nr.1 Squadron Tigers | MWO
    BFE:WaW #10: 40th Brazilian Expeditionary Force | Fighter Squadron - Jambock | 1.Lt
    BFE:WaW #11: 41st Taisteluosasto Leijona | Hävittäjälentolaivue 32 | Corporal

Veteran Allies 24 Recruit
    Last Online
    10-24-2011
    Country
    This is 68R|Rc Petru's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [36GR
    T|Sgt.Spaceman]I must say, that im pretty dissapointed about the CQ weapons. First they took the spawnable classes off, and now the thompson is a big joke. I'm really hoping they will fix it back.
    No, the Thompson is how it should be. Heavy round, short range. Up close it's the most powerful SMG in the game.

FH were quite erroneous in giving it the ranged abilities they did, it never ever was a long range weapon.

BFE:WaW #6 - Allies 22RN - Royal Tank Regiment - Private -> 2nd Lt.
    BFE:WaW #7 - Allies 24th MEU - Division - Colonel (Retd.)
    BFE:WaW #8 - Allies 32nd SD - Division - Lt.General
    BFE:WaW #9 - Allies 34th GD - Division - Marshal
    BFE:WaW #10 - Axis Generalfeld Marschall Armee Gruppe X
    BFE:WaW #11 - Axis ToL - Jääkärikomppania Karhu Infantry - Kapteeni

Last Online
    02-10-2016
    Country
    This is Sauron's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T|Sgt.Spaceman]I must say, that im pretty dissapointed about the CQ weapons. First they took the spawnable classes off, and now the thompson is a big joke. I'm really hoping they will fix it back.
    I have to agree a little, there is a difference between a short range of 50 meter and the one we got now, about 5 meter. Ofcourse it shouldn't be 50 meter in-game, but at least a bit further, a pistol outshoots it.

Though I don't mind the changes, I like the fact we got the SMG's back and I know this is all beta version. I would like to see the work out in battles.

Also when working on the weapons, make the Bazooka and Panzerschreck more the same, people put it in the maps like they are comparable, but the difference is at the moment way to big. Change that in the next patch, so they both do the same damage.

Last Online
    06-03-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just can't see any idea how it will work like cleaning houses, because after 3 shot's the gun is pointing to the roof =)
    [img:400:200:73d299f851]http://www.elisanet.fi/tomi.vahtera/sig6.jpg[/img:73d299f851]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BFE:WaW #10: 40th Brazilian Expeditionary Force | Fighter Squadron - Jambock | 1.Lt

Veteran
    Last Online
    09-12-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *rubbing eyeballs*

I said the very same thing in training on bocage to you guys as well

all the effects in game are based on REAL LIFE test fires. The basic priciple used by allies when trying to kill someone with the thompson was to aim for the guys feet, and the thompson would cut him in half

American gun collectors prefer the PPSH over any weapon. Sure it kicks a lot (and mp40 climbs the least and is more controllable) but it has the fursthest effective range (menaing the HIGHEST HITRATE per clip on a target in the distance)

the Thompson was notorious for its climbrate and brutalness. Now in all fairness i used it in said training on bocage, and i had no problems outgunning a pistolshooter, why?, i was not bunnyhopping with the thin, i just gave two controlled bursts and the target wnet down.

Realise weapons are getting more realistic, and bunnyhopping with them isn't the best test, nor is a movie refernce on how weapons work. The mod team has put a lot of efforts in this to balance all the weapons out more evenly (ALL heandweapons have been balanced like this so no were not screwing one side over here), and we were hoping you would like it, not get a bucket of **** on our heads.

if you need more details just buzz me and i will be happy to take this discussion out of here and into the PM's so you can see the full extent of this, and that its more than just a thompson.

T|Sgt.Spaceman]Just can't see any idea how it will work like cleaning houses, because after 3 shot's the gun is pointing to the roof =)
    one more thing, counteract the upward kick, works like a charm

-Ordos-

--Who's your daddy?--
    Certified structural engineer (B.A.)

[FEB]HD|Sd.sep
    Sorry Ordos, but I'm going to have to go and disagree. It's one thing to counteract the upward kick, but at the same time there's the fact that the bullets are going left and right in an area as large as a zooka reticle when running if you are moving and have already taken a shot. The semi-automatic rifles have less of a problem with this than smgs when fired at the same rate (mp40 vs g43).

Veteran
    Last Online
    09-12-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S*%!|Nk.sep]Sorry Ordos, but I'm going to have to go and disagree. It's one thing to counteract the upward kick, but at the same time there's the fact that the bullets are going left and right in an area as large as a zooka reticle when running if you are moving and have already taken a shot. The semi-automatic rifles have less of a problem with this than smgs when fired at the same rate (mp40 vs g43).
    Aye as it should be. Ever used an SMG whilst running? Most were fired when crouched (see most every picture you see of german soldiers in action) coz it would be next to impossible to get an accurate shot while running

as for the G43, longer rifle, better bullet charateristics, though you still have to be lucky to hit anything further than say 4-5 metres away from you while on the run

-Ordos-

--Who's your daddy?--
    Certified structural engineer (B.A.)

Rex
    I must say that i love this new mod.

Now (at long ranges.) people have to pick up a rifle, and learn to shoot for real.

And you`re never supposed to shoot while moving anyway.

Last Online
    06-03-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now (at long ranges.) people have to pick up a rifle, and learn to shoot for real
    Yeah. Really funny with ping like 150

Last Online
    03-28-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been a rifleman since 0.5 and Campaign #6. Even though I wasn't a SMG'er I must say I don't like the changes. Yes I know it's realistic, but realism isn't always fun. I like to hit people aswell ^^. If everyone here wanted heavy realism I don't see why WaW didn't pick to use the XWW2 mod instead after Campaign #5.

BFE-WaW: [22RN] [26MEU] [30AI] [36GR] [FEB] [42Wx] [44M]
    BFE-CoD: [A1] [Ax4.] [A5] [A7] [Ax12.] [Ax16.] Forgotten Honor:
    [7FJ] [8th]

Rex
    T|Sgt.Spaceman]
    Now (at long ranges.) people have to pick up a rifle, and learn to shoot for real
    Yeah. Really funny with ping like 150
    I have a ping around that, and i can hit most of what i see with a rifle.
    *end shameless bragging*

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    12-27-2004

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S|Capt.SaUrOn]Also when working on the weapons, make the Bazooka and Panzerschreck more the same, people put it in the maps like they are comparable, but the difference is at the moment way to big. Change that in the next patch, so they both do the same damage.
    The Panzerschreck was a better anti-tank weapon than the Bazooka. It could penetrate around 200mm of armor versus the Bazooka's 100mm. Making them the same would be similar to changing the PPSh and Thompson and making them identical to the MP40, which they most definitely were not.

Last Online
    01-03-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T|Sgt.Spaceman]Yeah. Really funny with ping like 150
    Cap Japs doesn't seem to have a problem. He's the best rifleman I've seen and he lives in Europe.

As to your assertion about the Thompson - it has one-shot lethality up to 44 in-game meters in the version you were testing. It will be slightly higher in the new hotfix. "5 meters" must be pure hyperbole, or you must be bunnyhopping and hitting the guy's foot or something.

As to fun, why do you think we took the SMGs out before this? Because no one had fun when a rifle was useless. SMGs are useful and have a place, their REAL place on the battlefield. Short ranges only. House/trench cleaning.

NOT long range sniping. If you want to snipe at long range with a SMG why not go back and play vanilla BF1942?

World at War Gears
    Last Online
    09-29-2018
    Country
    This is Avrojet's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no need to start getting aggrevated and telling people to play vanilla

Last Online
    01-03-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, you're right. But this is NOT XWW2, and if we want to keep SMGs as a spawnable kit they had to be less effective. They had a place on the FH battlefield they aren't supposed to have, as the kings of the battlefield. I thought the best way to do this was to try and have them perform as they did on a real battlefield. Once I got used to the Thompson I had great fun clearing buildings with it.

Give the new SMGs a chance, we can always go back to them being king if that is what everyone wants.

Last Online
    09-03-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SR[J35
    ^|Scorpion] we can always go back to them being king if that is what everyone wants.
    I don't see it as everyone wanting that return. I like the change and I congratulate Scorpion on a job well done
    BFE-WaW#8 PK[31ToL]////|Cuttooth
    BFE-WaW#9 FgL*[33FM]~|Cuttooth
    BFE-WaW#10 Gw%[Gj37]~|Cuttooth
    BFE-WaW#11 RkA[ToL]~~|Cuttooth
    BFE-WAW Classic Battles Pg[HgA]|Cuttooth
    BFE-WAW#12 [Ret.] Cuttooth

Currently a Spectator

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-13-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, at first I hated the crosshair sizes for all the weapons, but after playing in a few practices I like them more. It will be interesting to play w/ them in a "real" battle. Good work Scorp!

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese

Last Online
    05-22-2019

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i go to the public ftp.battleforeurope, i see two hotfixes: minimod hotfix.rar and Minimod Hotfix2.rar

do i download them both? or do i just download the first one?
    Fobo, who is retired
    WaW 10: Gw[Gj37]//|Fobo, 37th Gebirgsjäger Division, Gebirgswölfe, Schütze
    WaW 9: Ka[J35]//|Fobo, 35th Imperial Japanese Division, Kuma, Joto Hei
    WaW 8: Sp[PkF]//|Fobo, XXIX Panzerkorps "Fenrir", Sturmpioniere, Obergefreiter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fobo
    Red stands for Mario, and green stands for Luigi; go Super Mario Brothers! Red and green are also Christmas colors.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    09-03-2013
    Country
    This is [42MKR]RCT.Zodiak's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are always opposed to change...It's been that way since the start of recorded history.

[Ax3-4] [Ax6] [Observer] [J17] [J21] [22RN] [KgG] [30AI] [34GD] [39Fj] [42Wx] [51FJ]

Last Online
    01-03-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, minimod hotfix 2 has some slight tweaks based on feedback and battle testing, and it is apparently finished, but no one with admin rights has announced it to the teams yet. So until the servers have it you'll have to stick with the first hotfix.

[FEB]HD|Sd.sep
    Quote Originally Posted by [TA
    Ordos {PIMP}]
    S*%!|Nk.sep]Sorry Ordos, but I'm going to have to go and disagree. It's one thing to counteract the upward kick, but at the same time there's the fact that the bullets are going left and right in an area as large as a zooka reticle when running if you are moving and have already taken a shot. The semi-automatic rifles have less of a problem with this than smgs when fired at the same rate (mp40 vs g43).
    Aye as it should be. Ever used an SMG whilst running? Most were fired when crouched (see most every picture you see of german soldiers in action) coz it would be next to impossible to get an accurate shot while running

as for the G43, longer rifle, better bullet charateristics, though you still have to be lucky to hit anything further than say 4-5 metres away from you while on the run

-Ordos-
    I'm sorry that you don't seem to agree with the sentiments about the smgs felt by myself and many of hte other players, but I'm glad to see that the mini-mod team went ahead and made the SMGs a bit better.

Last Online
    01-03-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The semi-automatic rifles add more deviation per shot than the SMGs do. Plus, the reduction rate from fire deviation is not as fast. So the SMGs having more of a "problem" in this respect is perception rather than reality. However, it has been suggested that I remove the compensation for recoil from SMGs, as I did for the pistols. I had thought this would make them even more difficult to control, but we'll test it and see if it makes the SMGs better.

Deviation is a tool which is intended to represent how difficult it is to aim weapons, to control them while firing, to aim at various stances, and so on. The BF engine is unfortunately limited in many ways, including the ability to simulate many things which made the weapons impossible to use in the manner they were being used with the previous code. The individual code changes themselves may sometimes be counterintuitive but this is because they are intended to produce an end result which forces players to use the weapons as they were intended.

SMGs were not used for sustained fire, they were impossible to control except in bursts. They were not used on the run, though up close they could be used to spray and clean out a room or trench. Those things are possible, and the sniping at range and such which SMGs were not used for is now all but impossible. Short barrel = better at aiming in close quarter battles but very poor accuracy.

If you are telling me that SMGs cannot defeat rifles at close range, there is a problem. I have a feeling though that this is simply a matter of becoming attuned to the way SMGs now work. If rifles, even semi-auto, are better in CQB, the code will be tweaked.

However, in testing we have not found this to be true. Tomorrow will be a good litmus test.

Veteran Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    11-12-2018
    Country
    This is [Ret]Interpol's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just have to say that it is much like when we changed from vanilla to FH or in certain large updates when there were massive changes, people would not be used to the changes and there would be stife at first. However, over time, most of the time, it is for the best and we get used to it and adapt. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Good work by the mini-mod team on this, nice to see that our mappers and coders and hard at work with the maps, vehicles and now code

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    02-02-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure that by the end of everyone's first round with the new codes in place, everyone will have the hang of it. I highly doubt it'll be a problem, we just have to learn to adapt.

-Bagginses