Updates: Scrim 2 (30AI vs PkF)

Scrim on Wednesday 2nd June.
    XXIX. Panzerkorps "Fenrir" Vs 30th Royal Australian Infantry Division

Normal battle rules apply.

Crete

Leningrad

Okinawa

BFE_Bocage

Updates and (non flame) map opinions only.

Registered User 23_polish Szeregowy (first rank)
    Last Online
    11-08-2014
    Country
    This is 66S|Pv projecTile's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Axis 1-0 Allies

after the first round of Crete, good map now actually but I would like to see that the very east flag is irelevant for the bleed so the allies don't have to strech their forces so much that its far too easy for the axis to take a flag at the beginning. Without bleed it takes on forever.

Last Online
    02-14-2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crete is a nice map, but too many tickets.

Last Online
    05-26-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the rounds go on for way too long, and if the Axis capture a flag in the first minute or so (which should be the case) then the 100+ ticket advantage seems to be a bit overkill.

Veteran Allies 24 Recruit
    Last Online
    10-24-2011
    Country
    This is 68R|Rc Petru's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crete simply takes too long, is quite boring and just pants in general.

Bocage is a solid all round map, good stuff.

Leningrad was proving to be quite fun, but had to scoot off near the end of the first round.

Axis 2 - 0 Allies (Crete)
    Axis 1 - 1 Allies (Bocage)

BFE:WaW #6 - Allies 22RN - Royal Tank Regiment - Private -> 2nd Lt.
    BFE:WaW #7 - Allies 24th MEU - Division - Colonel (Retd.)
    BFE:WaW #8 - Allies 32nd SD - Division - Lt.General
    BFE:WaW #9 - Allies 34th GD - Division - Marshal
    BFE:WaW #10 - Axis Generalfeld Marschall Armee Gruppe X
    BFE:WaW #11 - Axis ToL - Jääkärikomppania Karhu Infantry - Kapteeni

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are invisible walls on the airfield of Okiniawawaw

[gefallen]3l33t
    Leningrad was very laggy in the city. And I really don't like the choke point bridge, the tanks become useless.

btw did anything change with the kat? Usually you can blow it up with the rifle but now nothing happened. Maybe it was parked on the repair pad when I think about it...

Last Online
    05-13-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys - this is an update thread - NOT an opinions thread 8)

[gefallen]3l33t

Re: Updates: Scrim 2 (30AI vs PkF)

Quote Originally Posted by [30AI
    LtGen.Avrojet]Updates and (non flame) map opinions only.

Registered User Blufor 28 Recruit
    Last Online
    09-22-2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leningrad - didn't like it, it still has some weird graphic glitches and bugs(some red triangle or something sticking out of my gun, crash to desktop two times), to dark but very atmospheric.

Okinawa - might be fun if the allied would be attacking, not the other way around.

Bocage: okay, very funny, speed snipering^^

crete: very hilly, quite long ways to run. might be a fun map if it had less tickets.

Registered User 23_polish Szeregowy (first rank)
    Last Online
    11-08-2014
    Country
    This is 66S|Pv projecTile's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk[PkF
    ~~~|Archangel]leningrad - didn't like it, it still has some weird graphic glitches and bugs(some red triangle or something sticking out of my gun, crash to desktop two times), to dark but very atmospheric.

Okinawa - might be fun if the allied would be attacking, not the other way around.

Bocage: okay, very funny, speed snipering^^

crete: very hilly, quite long ways to run. might be a fun map if it had less tickets.
    I agree with most said by archangel, espacially BFE Bocage should find its way into the campaign, very balanced and great fun. And I wouldn't mind if us allies get some paramaps as well so reversed_okinawa might be funnier.

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is Cyan Winters's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [32SD
    G*|1Lt.Titmouse]guys - this is an update thread - NOT an opinions thread 8)

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    11-21-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is supposed to have non flaming comments... otherwise, we wouldn't even have scrims on maps we want to test out, and the possibility for a lot more Guams and Saipans would rise.
    WaW4: Axis WaW5: Axis WaW6: Axis WaW7: Allied WaW8: Allied WaW9: Axis
    --------------------------------------------------
    BFE: WaW PR Team Member
    --------------------------------------------------
    X-Fire- Spartan22x

Last Online
    06-08-2018
    Country
    This is Gym-Bo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [32SD
    G*|1Lt.Titmouse]guys - this is an update thread - NOT an opinions thread 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by [30AI
    LtGen.Avrojet]Updates and (non flame) map opinions only.
    PWNED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    The president just called Donald Trump a sideshow carnival barker, if I was just even slightly more to the left than I am I would vote for Obama just for doing that.

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    12-27-2004

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crete - Rounds way too long. Less tickets and it would be an excellent map.

Okinawa - Mixed up attackers and defenders? Either way, Most pacific maps allow the attacker to come from any direction. This map, because of the angle of the coastline, only allows sea based attacks from a few directions.

Leningrad - Too many tanks on both sides, too few entrances into the city for those tanks. Virtually impossible for axis to win because of the starting tickets and bleed. Lots of potential, just needs lots of work. Even when we camped the allied main spawn, and held 3 points we could never catch up ticket-wise.

Bocage - Great map. I saw both sides win and lose and saw some close battles too. Best of the bunch I saw today.

Last Online
    04-30-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess no one was keeping track of the score then. Oh well lets call it an Allied victory then.

Loved leningrad although a little dark. I think that once the Axis got their foot on the mainland it was hard to beat them back. This will with some edits make a good map i think.

Crete was just damn awful. too slow and boring. I dont think you could ever make a good map of it. I feel it is too big and there are just too many flags.

Bocage seemed more balanced with the changes that were made. Some nice even rounds.

......Click Sig For Records......

SR[J35]|Slick

Okinawa

Hello everyone, a bit frustrated here, but as said only a scrimm *oppinion over*.

The only map that I tried out was Okinawa, very dissapointed. Lag was horrible almost everwhere on this map.

In addition, trying to bail from the transport plane was near impossible. I'm all for realisim, but darn if it's going to be that hard, give us 3 or 4 of those (hopefully we have enough crews). By the time we would recieve the cue to bail, the plane would blow up. At least give the Allies multiple targets to shoot at...LOL.

Last Online
    01-10-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i only played the last 5 hours of the scrim last night so i didnt see crete but..

leningrad -- good map just needs a few edits....Radiant is right, too many tanks not enough entrances. i do like the axis spawnable ships though, it keeps us on our toes...but you start to feel like an A S S when they park it outside of the flag your defending and have no way to blow it so you have to call for a tank to come over to kill it, but in the meantime keep shooting the guys when they spawn so they dont rush the land and cap the flag..i guess that also had to do with the low numbers yesterday too...only one to two people guarding a flag at the last rounds.

Okinawa -- the paradrops from the axis were effective when pulled off in mass. pretty good map, maybe some editing with the size so the axis could surprize us from everywhere would be nice....give them a lot more water space to move around and keep us guessing.

Bocage -- again like everyone else..this was the most balanced of the night, when the allies finally got their heads screwed on straight !
    no really once it got going...there were some great ticket bending battles and it was a whole lot of fun.

LENINGRAD IS INCREDIBALLY GORGEOUS ON MY SYSTEM!! i just stood there in awe sometimes in the rubbled cities looking at all the details....man i love my computer

NO LAG ANYWHERE ON ANY MAP!

--poopie

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-07-2020
    Country
    This is Sionnach's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiny bits of lag on Leningrad as soon as I joined the map, but it was gone after about 10 seconds.

All others were fine except for weird bug on Okinawa. When you man the MGs at the flag at E3, sometimes when you walk away you are wearing lead boots and walking is really sluggish Suiciding sorts it, but it's still annoying (as it happens often enough)

Sionnach

#4: [C14]D|SSgt.Sionnach #5: [A]P|Sgt.Sionnach #6: [22RN]P|SSgt.Sionnach
    #7: [26M]W|2Lt.Sionnach #8: [30AI]Q|Cpt.Sionnach #9: [34GD]SR|SLt.Sionnach

#10: Gw[Gj37]^^|Sionnach
    #11: [42Wx]P|LCpl.Sionnach Cl: [AEF]B|Cpl.Sionnach
    #12: [44M]LtGen.Sionnach #13: Marszałek Sionnach (CinC)
    #14: [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach
    #15+ Retired
    #32: 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach

Last Online
    03-30-2011
    Country
    This is [J13]Tiankoom's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crete- Fun map but really big tickets.

Ti[39Fj]///|Kaaae
    great time yesterday....

Okinawa had many invisible walls arounf the AA guns... Also elevated. You could not shoot at any low altitude planes BUT there was no backsplash damage untill you actually hit a real wall...

Hope that makes sence....

Great job by all!

Last Online
    12-30-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crete was good fun very long rounds though!

Leningrad I really didn't like this map the allied main base was too close to all of the cap points, the bridge choke point was a joke, The axis armour spawns with damage already done to it so you have to repair before you leave the base! It was also too dark & laggy!

Okinawa could do with a ship beaching marker like on weserbung as you think your far enough off the coast but close enough to shell but you get beached! When i played we only managed to cap one point and that was difficult!

Bocage great map well balanced my only gripe with this is the positioning of the nebelwerfers the northern most one is too open for attack if the allies cap the farm flags. Many times i would be in it shooting away then along would come duncey and knife me. And the other nebelwerfer can't shoot the bridge flag because the windmill is stuck in the way!

Last Online
    12-05-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crete was good, but too much tickets.
    Bocage: great map, good balance.

Leningrad: My FPS went down to 5 on some places with much action. Panzerfaust 30 is bad when you have 4 enemy tanks infront of you and no ammobox to reload. The bridge is a bottleneck which makes axis tanks more or less useless. Katyusha on the repairpad can shoot the brigde from that position without having ammo probs. Some axis tanks spawn in the air and recive 15%-20% damage when they hit the ground.

Okinawa: haven't played that map yesterday, but I testet it offline. If the axis capture the allied airfield, they get an achi val with a TORPEDO !!!
    21stCW#1 ===> [O4]R|Sgt.MasterOhh
    21stCW#2 ===> [8MD]B|Sgt.MasterOhh
    21stCW#3 ===> [14SA]B|2Lt.MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#6 ==>Jkm[AgB]^^^|MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#7 ==>WkT[KgG]^^^|MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#8 ==>Pz[PkF]^^^|MasterOhh

Cold Steel and Sex Appeal

Last Online
    06-29-2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PsP%[31ToL
    /|Minusorange] Many times i would be in it shooting away then along would come duncey and knife me.
    The cad! Surely not!

Crete: Too big in terms of tickets to flags. There's no way the allies can hold them all and the axis ticket advantage gives them a win each time. It's not a bad map to play on although the ticket numbers make it go ona long time.

Bocage: I think balance is pretty good on it. I certainly found it fun. I'd maybe add another jeep at the allied main (and the axis if they only have 1 too) but nothing more than that really.

Leningrad: I loved this. Yes the bridge is a major bottleneck, but there are other ways off the island and the axis didn't seem to have any problem making full use of them. I found it to be fairly balanced (but then I guess that's just my opinion).

Okinawa: Didn't make it onto this map so no comment.
    -Duncey

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. -Declaration of Arbroath, 1320
    [quote:1ed4e217b0="[Ax3]^^LW|Incursion"]Scottish division? That's pretty damn cool. It's gonna be like Braveheart or something. Totally kick-***.[/quote]

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    10-05-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okinawa- to much jagged cliff, only certain areas you could attack really limited it. And the P38 was extremely effective against that Ju52 with its perfect rockets.

Bocage- good but I feel the Axis need a different entrance to sawmill. Allies can get in and get to cover relatively easy but it was very hard to get to Sawmill in a tank on Axis.

Leningrad- the bridge of death really was all I saw of this map. At least increase the fog distance so we can clear the immeidate area of the bridge fro mour side of the channel.

Crete- didnt get to play but you got enough opinions on that.

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    10-05-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okinawa- to much jagged cliff, only certain areas you could attack really limited it. And the P38 was extremely effective against that Ju52 with its perfect rockets.

Bocage- good but I feel the Axis need a different entrance to sawmill. Allies can get in and get to cover relatively easy but it was very hard to get to Sawmill in a tank on Axis.

Leningrad- the bridge of death really was all I saw of this map. At least increase the fog distance so we can clear the immeidate area of the bridge fro mour side of the channel.

Crete- didnt get to play but you got enough opinions on that.

SR[J35]|Slick

Retracting Statement for the Moment

Gentlemen & Ladies (are there any?)

I retract my statements about Okinawa for the time being. I made some MAJOR adjustments to bf1942 so I actually managed to have one of the Allied guys complaining that he shot me, but I wasted him and didn't even get a scratch. There was also talk that TSO (Team Speak Overlay) may be a cause for some lag, but I have yet to confirm that.

SR[J35]|Slick

Retracting Statement for the Moment

Gentlemen & Ladies (are there any?)

I retract my statements about Okinawa for the time being. I made some MAJOR adjustments to bf1942 so I actually managed to have one of the Allied guys complaining that he shot me, but I wasted him and didn't even get a scratch. There was also talk that TSO (Team Speak Overlay) may be a cause for some lag, but I have yet to confirm that.