09-29-2018
    Country
    This is Avrojet's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updates & Opinions: WaW #8 Map Scrim 1

Post score updates and your opinions on the maps here.

Opinions/Bugs about the maps!
    No flaming about the equipment, balance etc!

Last Online
    05-26-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alam Halfa 1-0 allies
    Not enough people (12 v 11) at the moment to make proper observations (apart from Alam Halfa being a nice map) so guys JOIN!

Last Online
    02-10-2016
    Country
    This is Sauron's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alam Halfa
    The Staghound is really bugged, it explodes for no reason when being in the middle of nowhere. It just blows up, it doesn't even lower you point for a TK. I had full health in both times it happened to me, it just exploded I didn't hit anything. I just blew up and said "SaUrOn is no more".

I would like to see a Officers Class added to be able to use the Priests at mainbase.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-24-2018
    Country
    This is 1ABc|Pvt. RootWyrm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City Divided:
    Wespe at D4 cannot go down the hill, it immediately rolls over.
    Extremely difficult to get to AA position at D4.

Alam Halfa:
    Just about perfect.. needs slight tweaking for air. I'd suggest giving both sides single-Bofors, or possibly changing BF109 for FW190? Otherwise, armor loadout is perfect, kit loadout is perfect, terrain is beautiful, don't change a thing.

Leningrad:
    Sorry, but this one needs thrown out. Axis has one approach, no flank approach. All the allies have to do is mine and expack the bridge, and that's that. Completely unplayable for tournament. Center base is fine by me, but this map needs redone completely. Axis needs flanking approaches if the allies main is going to be in the center. Tanks are also basically worthless once they're in the city. Just big bazooka targets.
    BFE7 - +!SgPA[KgG]~~|Frustration || BFE8 - +PKAm![31ToL]~~|Frustation || BFE10 - Ri%[Gj37]//|Frustration
    DISCLAIMER: Game name may differ slightly. I can't slam enough letters into the game.

[32SD]G%|Cpl.gorg
    The Allied Weeled Tanks (don`t knoe the name) can`t stop. They still go forwart if you stop for aiming and shooting.
    There are some "Tanktraps" in the countryside. Holes that makes the Arty stick. I found one neer the airfield.

Last Online
    12-05-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Heartbreak Ridge at the middle point there is a sand bag bunker with a vierling on top. If you use the ladder to climb on that bunker, your are suddently inside the bunker.

There are only 5 or 6 Allies on the server right now.
    21stCW#1 ===> [O4]R|Sgt.MasterOhh
    21stCW#2 ===> [8MD]B|Sgt.MasterOhh
    21stCW#3 ===> [14SA]B|2Lt.MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#6 ==>Jkm[AgB]^^^|MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#7 ==>WkT[KgG]^^^|MasterOhh
    BFE-WAW#8 ==>Pz[PkF]^^^|MasterOhh

Cold Steel and Sex Appeal

Registered User 23_polish Szeregowy (first rank)
    Last Online
    11-08-2014
    Country
    This is 66S|Pv projecTile's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heartbreaker ridge, the class selection says "Garand" for the assault class but you spawn with a No4 ... without rifle nade

[42Wx]|Franky
    paradrop class in heartbreak ridge with transport planes? dunno the outcome though.

where is the secret allied transporter device on lenningrad then?

[42Wx]|Franky
    Quote Originally Posted by WkT[KgG
    ^^^|MasterOhh]On Heartbreak Ridge at the middle point there is a sand bag bunker with a vierling on top. If you use the ladder to climb on that bunker, your are suddently inside the bunker.

There are only 5 or 6 Allies on the server right now.
    yeah i've noticed that however you can get into the vierling by inside the bunker and when you exit the vierling you find yourself right inside the bunker.

Last Online
    03-20-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Allied BattleShip in Leningard is totally bugged, i puted it in the sand, and start shotting torpedos into the flags, Mwhuahuahu
    [img:280:60:e3caa3cbfd]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/darkhawk/sig_waw12_1.png[/img:e3caa3cbfd]
    BFE-WaW #6 [22RN]T|Pte.DarKHawK - Royal Tank Regiment
    BFE-WaW #7 SgP[KgG]/|DarKHawK -> RLPI[V27]/|DarKHawK - Regiment de Linie
    BFE-WaW #8 PsP&A[31ToL]^|DarKHawK - Panssariprikaati
    BFE-WaW #9 SR!&[J35]~|DarKHawK - Sensha Rentai "Ryujin" (Voted Best Tanker and Best in Company)
    BFE-WaW #10 Ti[39Fj]///|DarKHawK -> Ri[Gj37]///|DarKHawK - sPzAbt. 505 "Ritter"
    BFE-WaW #11 PsK[ToL]//|DarKHawK - Panssariosasto Karjala
    BFE-WaW Classic 501[HgA]///|DarKHawK - Schwere Panzer Abteilung 501
    BFE-WaW #12 Rk[J43]//|DarKHawK - Ryuukaisha "Dragons"
    Retirement

Last Online
    05-26-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leningrad is completely bugged, but that can be fixed. For the map itself, I think it's quite good, the Axis have amphibious craft I've been told, so there is the possibility of flanking at least, we won't know how it plays out until we get a big scrimm with visible players lol.

Alam Halfa is nice as usual, Cit Divided is much the same except without the paradropping element. Heartbreak ridge is not something I like the look of, not just the ugly map but the idea of clifface cap areas, but I didn't get a decent no. of players to see it on.

Last Online
    06-20-2016
    Country
    This is Crabcakes's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [WAW
    Pross]where is the secret allied transporter device on lenningrad then?
    Ill tell you if you give me the cordinates of the axis "invisvible paint" factory

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-24-2018
    Country
    This is 1ABc|Pvt. RootWyrm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [World
    ShoKay]Leningrad is completely bugged, but that can be fixed. For the map itself, I think it's quite good, the Axis have amphibious craft I've been told, so there is the possibility of flanking at least, we won't know how it plays out until we get a big scrimm with visible players lol.
    I couldn't find any shore appreciably near the action where the Schwimmwagen could climb. And some areas are difficult or impossible to climb on foot as well, completely negating it. In addition to this, the PT boat is easily stuck, and has to practically be put on shore to even attempt a landing. Adding to that is the problem that it's extremely exposed, meaning infantry basically will get slaughtered coming off. There simply isn't any effective approach except the bridge.
    BFE7 - +!SgPA[KgG]~~|Frustration || BFE8 - +PKAm![31ToL]~~|Frustation || BFE10 - Ri%[Gj37]//|Frustration
    DISCLAIMER: Game name may differ slightly. I can't slam enough letters into the game.

[38GM]AR|Pos.Stryver
    Niether heartbreak ridge or lenningrad should be used. Lenningrad is nearly impossable for the axis, while heartbreak is nearly impossable for the allies. However, heartbreak could be used i think if either everyone started with only their main bases or if the allies tickets are increased. I think they start, as it stands, with less tickets and a bleed on them making it an extremely difficult map for em. Well, idk, maybe we could put this map in for the berlin territory .

Last Online
    07-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh i have my own tags i am so 8)

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heart Break Ridge: One of the ladders at the middle flag does not work you end up stuck on it.

RA[33FM]/|Shai
    A city divided and Alma Haifa (or whatever the name is) did look realy good, and I think they will be great to play with full 25 vs 25.

Leningrad could be ok with all the bugs gone, and maybe one more approach given to the attacking team.

Heartbreak Ridge (or whatever the name is) just looked ugly and boring (my excuse to the maker). It realy looks grafically dull, and I also think that there will be a LOT of waiting and not a hole lot of action on that map. Sry, but that map does not deserve to be in the campaign unless someone brings in their makeup kit

Last Online
    09-29-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i played for the first 3 hours or so numbers were ususally around 12vs12, so my opinions are based on those numbers:

Alam Hafla: looks cool and fun, although one of those maps that is really chaotic playing with only 12vs 12 or even less. you know what i mean...cap a flag here, lose a flag there and so on.

Heartbreak Ridge: i think i´m one of the very few people who like this map. ok it doesnt look awesome but that doesn´t count for me in the first place. increasing the allies tickets would probably be wise, i wouldn´t like everybody starting at their main base though since it is supposed to be a defensive map for one side and not a rush-to-all-flags map. with a full server i can imagine nice and intense battles with massive pushs on single flags and so on.

Leningrad: i agree with most of the rest. shouldn´t be used. apart from the reasons most people already mentioned, this map was almost unplayable due to lag when it comes to the center of the map , the city itself. now i know that i dont have a "high-end pc", but i heard lots of other people who claimed to be having good pc´s to experience serious lag. and remember this was with 12vs12.

City Divided: i liked the version we played a lot better than the one we played during the campaign(except for the fact that axis harbor lays in plain and clear view while allies harbor is completely fogged, but i dont know if this is anything the map team can change)
    i still dont know why the panthers were left out last campaign, glad to have them yesterday.
    what i remember that our tank force from main base could have almost been left out of the map last campaign, because you would barely make it over the bridge because of the typhoon. there were two reasons i believe as far as i remember. our plane wasn´t a real match, don´t remember what it was (or maybe it was a match , i´m not that into planes), but one reason definitely was that whatever plane we had it could basically not go after the typhoon because of the allies powerful aa whereas it is much harder to shoot down the typhoon with the aa we had last campaign on this map.
    since the map will probably get some tweaks and hotfixes in case we play it in the campaign, maybe take these thoughts into consideration. as far as i remember for my own part, this map was one of the last maps that produced real heavy complaints, whining,flaming ot whatever you wanna call it last campaign.
    Pg[AgB]/|ChrisMcTwist
    SgPA[KgG]^^^|ChrisMcTwist
    PK[31ToL]^|ChrisMcTwist*
    FgL*[33FM]^|ChrisMcTwist
    [38GM]HD|YSmi.ChrisMcTwist

Registered User 23_polish Szeregowy (first rank)
    Last Online
    11-08-2014
    Country
    This is 66S|Pv projecTile's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder why you took out the paraplanes on city divided, now that the axis flags are closer together it should be pretty intressting and together with the panther they get this time there should definatly be paraplanes for both sides. Since the boast don't respawn very fast and the tanks will have a pain time crossing the bridge we NEED a paraplane on each side so we don't have stale moments where both sides just sit on their side and shell each others with the mortar kits.

SR[J35]|Slick

Heartbreak Ridge

I had a nice boating ride around Heartbreak Ridge; by myself, I blew up the axis troop carrier while sawing in half with my machine gun (see what boredom does) and it did not inflict any damage to me.

There was a allied dock with a flag post (in a small cove, can't remember the coords), it was near impossible to get onto because of how the dock is oriented and if you fall off forget about it unless you have a boat you can climb onto! Lastly the way the steps lead to the dock it required a jump to get to them without falling in...

Hopefully next time there will be some moving targets.

Last Online
    09-29-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know what you´re talking about but it can´t be heartbreak ridge
    Pg[AgB]/|ChrisMcTwist
    PK[31ToL]^|ChrisMcTwist*
    FgL*[33FM]^|ChrisMcTwist

Last Online
    01-18-2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like A City Divided

Last Online
    07-01-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. projecTile
    I wonder why you took out the paraplanes on city divided, now that the axis flags are closer together it should be pretty intressting and together with the panther they get this time there should definatly be paraplanes for both sides. Since the boast don't respawn very fast and the tanks will have a pain time crossing the bridge we NEED a paraplane on each side so we don't have stale moments where both sides just sit on their side and shell each others with the mortar kits.
    I agree but this will only work when both sides get equal transport planes. Maybe someone could reskin the C47 with an axis skin, so both sides will have an equal chance getting in the air (plus the germans actually had some captured C47s).

__________________________________________________ __________________________Allt Svartnar - Allein unter Menschen__________________________________________________ ________________________

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    11-21-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, there's a difference between the transport planes? I never noticed before... but arn't they SUPPOSED to be slow and not handle too well?
    WaW4: Axis WaW5: Axis WaW6: Axis WaW7: Allied WaW8: Allied WaW9: Axis
    --------------------------------------------------
    BFE: WaW PR Team Member
    X-Fire- Spartan22x

SR[J35]|Slick

Sorry For the Confusion

Sorry about that it was A City Divided, I was trying to go from memory, hey I'm cannon fodder what do I know.

SR[J35]|Slick

WWII Transports

Quote Originally Posted by [Mapper 4 hire
    Spartan22x]Wait, there's a difference between the transport planes? I never noticed before... but arn't they SUPPOSED to be slow and not handle too well?
    Yeah they are slow if you are refering to the C-47, yeah if you wring it out it may do over 200 knots. As far as handling, they are a dream to fly and with the large wingspan and cord they can slip a standard 30 degree turn without any problem. If you're going virtical or trying to do a barrel roll, that may be a problem. I'll have to find it, which map was it on? *feels a another swinging of the door coming* Oh yeah and the German equivilant was no slouch either, you should read about them and how they tried to land @ Crete...damn crazy Axis...*that's my guys!*

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!

Last Online
    11-21-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tryed to level out the airfield for you guys in crete (we'll be scrimming this soon), but E42 decided that it didn't like the map, so it won't load You'll just have to live with the transport plane being a mobile spawn instead.
    WaW4: Axis WaW5: Axis WaW6: Axis WaW7: Allied WaW8: Allied WaW9: Axis
    BFE: WaW PR Team Member
    X-Fire- Spartan22x

Last Online
    09-29-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mobile spawn? sounds like a great idea.
    personally i like playing crete. only for fun though because the way it is , it was alsmost impossible to win this for the axis.

i didn´t like the idea of having to crash the transport plane right after dropping off troops, because it respawned faster than you could land and turn around.

but a mobile spawn plane could give a lot more options to this map and lead to more intense fighting.
    looking forward to scrimming this and see how it works out.
    Pg[AgB]/|ChrisMcTwist
    PK[31ToL]^|ChrisMcTwist*
    FgL*[33FM]^|ChrisMcTwist

SR[J35]|Slick

Crete

Historically, Crete was an impossible task for the Axis. The terrain was not very good for paratroopers, rock cliffs, etc. Crete was tipped off about the invasion, (bad weather and a recall of the first advance where only one divebomber group made it through because it didn't hear the recall) plus the Allies had it's Navy waiting for the Axis advance so I think only 1 of 3 sea landings actually occured. The Axis troops were slaughtered. So it sounds like this map is historically correct. I don't think the Axis won that, or did they? Anyone know?