User Tag List

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz

So, what can I expect?

Having just joined up, what can a new user expect from this entire tournament? Is gameplay organized, in-depth and focused? Are there orders to be followed, rank to salute and operations to be carried out? These are some of the questions I am asking myself right now. At first glance, BFE seems like a dream come true, but I'd rather inquire about it before jumping right in.

From what I understand, there are two teams that compete on historic maps (for BF1942) and given the outcome, the winning team gains "territory" depicted in the map... correct? Could someone perhaps go into detail about this? Also, are there many clans on each side or just one clan? Several clans on each side would be very cool since you could imagine it as being different divisions taking on different operations, simultaneously. What is the 22 Royal Navy? I suppose it's one of the Allied clans, but what are the Axis ones? Also, is there a website for the 22RN and are you recruiting? Do you have your own in-clan ranks or do you use the BFE ones?

Although fairly new to FH and BFE, I play often and am quite good, if I do say so myself. I have been playing BF1942 since its release and FH looks like the best mod so far, englobing realism in both vehicles, weaponry and skins. The entire BFE concept fascinates me and I want to take part in any way I can. I'd prefer to be on the Allied side, if possible, and maybe join in a clan sometime soon. I prefer clans that are organized, rank-based and have some discipline. This may sound stupid, but in my last clan (where rank and discipline were taken seriously), if a captain logged into the server and several privates and corporals were playing, they'd have to /salute. It may seem corny, but it adds more realism to an already realistic game, what could be better?

Anyways, thank you very much for reading through my questions and hopefully answering them! I look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield!

Duck
    I can only say one thing (since I'm not active in WaW at the moment):

Each division is not refered to as a clan. This tournament is not a clan tournament. I first got into WaW so I wouldn't have to deal with a clan.

-Duck

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country
    This is H62|Cp Tharos's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I be one of the first people to welcome you to BFE! We hope you enjoy it here! 8)

And now to answer your questions!

The gameplay is organized, each side organizes it's own strategy on each map. If you win an attacking battle, you gain the territory you were attacking. Now, it isn't clans. It's two sides to the whole game, Axis (AgB) and Allies (22RN). That's just what we decided to name the sides. Every player can fight, and each side has different companies, with different ranks. first, you start off as a private, but through attendance and skills, you will get promoted by your company Captain. Now, each time we play, we play on Team Speak, which means that we all communicate with microphones. Those of higher rank will give out orders for you to follow. And we use Forgotten Hope mod. So, since you are Allies...you should be able to access the 22RN Barracks, so go there and go to the Signup Thread, eventually, check your post and it's going to be updated, telling you which company you are in. When you are in a company, for example, the Marines, update your tags to say: [22RN]M|Pte.Kurtz.

Anyways, that's all I can tell you right now, but if you want to find out more, post a topic in the 22RN barracks, Private Message your Captain, or hop into Teamspeak! If you don't have teamspeak, there is a thead which will help you get it set up.

Again, Welcome!

Last Online
    03-19-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to BFE Kurtz, I can promise you that once you take part in a BFE battle you will never look at public play again in the same way.

We are very organized, with very indepth strats etc etc...

In the past we have had 4 Divisions (2 per side) but last campaign our numbers took a big hit when we went Pay to Play (we're free now, and we meet the donations target will stay that way)

I just checked my usergroup, and you are in the 22RN (22nd Royal Navy Battle Group) if you go to this thread and sign up to a company: http://forums.battleforeurope.com/bf...topic.php?t=99

Read this: http://forums.battleforeurope.com/bf...opic.php?t=100

Most importantly of all, download and use Teamspeak, you are required to be on TS during battles so you can hear orders and talk to your fellow players.

Have fun

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Thank you very much Dunsinane, your reply is much appreciated! Your answers to my questions were pretty much what I expected, but thanks nonetheless for clearing things up. I'll be heading over and signing up into the barracks right away. Quick question, can you elaborate more on the companies?

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kurtz!

Anyways, here's some info o nthe companies. The 22ND Royal Navy consists of the Paratrooper company, Marine company, Tank company, RAF (Airforce) comany, and the Royal Artillery Company. When you sign up, you are placed in whichever company requires more people usually. For example, in Tank company, you will specialize in the use of tanks, whereas with Marines, you will most likely be the front line troops in a naval assault map. Para is inserted by paratroopers on maps in which they can be inserted through the air. If you want to join the Airforce or Artillery, you have to go through special try outs for each. And that's about all I can say, lol, don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon enough. I'm sure that the Captain of your company will be able to give you a better answer!

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Where can I view each company's roster as well as the company leaders and the ranking system used by 22RN? Basically, do you have an official website?

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is our official website .

This is the 22RN roster: http://forums.battleforeurope.com/bf...topic.php?t=96

And here's a guide to the ranks: http://forums.battleforeurope.com/bf...pic.php?t=1275

Hope I helped!

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the forums for all our communication you can check out the roster in the following thread

http://forums.battleforeurope.com/bf...topic.php?t=96

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Well thanks for answering all my questions guys! Not only did you respond in great detail, but with impressive speed as well. I think I'll fit right in BFE because so far, I am very impressed and even more interested with it!

I'll be heading out sometime this week to buy a microphone as I have none. They probably sell some cheap ones at FutureShop!

Veteran
    Last Online
    09-12-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On behalf of the "enemy": Welcome to BFE kurtz

Yes more cannonfodder to shoot <-- j/k

I hope you will have fun with the guys, and whatever you do follow orders, help out your team mates (the team is the most important aspect here) and do well and you might be in the big CO spot in due time

Ordos

--Who's your daddy?--
    Certified structural engineer (B.A.)

Last Online
    12-17-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BFE is more casual then a clan, you can choose when to play and when the hell not to
    WaW 3-5, where an axis didnt have to worry about losing, just whether he was a pirate or a ninja

William says:
    and i'm not geting any
    A tunnel connecting France to Britain beneath the English Channel has been opened in recent years to make it easier for the Government to flee to London.

Last Online
    05-01-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to BFE fellow Montrealer 8)

Last Online
    01-18-2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah you will also meet some pretty decent guys around here. Sure they argue and rebel, but hell were only human

Last Online
    03-24-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz
    Well thanks for answering all my questions guys! Not only did you respond in great detail, but with impressive speed as well. I think I'll fit right in BFE because so far, I am very impressed and even more interested with it!

I'll be heading out sometime this week to buy a microphone as I have none. They probably sell some cheap ones at FutureShop!
    you should get yourself a headset, that way you don't have to diddle around with a mic, since it's hanging from the side of your face.

Headset might also help keep down the noise whereever you live. You don't want your neighbors hearing crazy europeans screaming over TS

Last Online
    07-28-2004

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard

[WaW]Opeth
    Quote Originally Posted by HK[AgB
    ****|SoulThief]

you should get yourself a headset, that way you don't have to diddle around with a mic, since it's hanging from the side of your face.

Headset might also help keep down the noise whereever you live. You don't want your neighbors hearing crazy europeans screaming over TS
    Welcome aboard Kurtz, I'm also pretty new here, it seems overwhelming at first but once you get everything set up, it is very fun. Hope I see you around!

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    09-28-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD/|RazzerKFG's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard, this is the last day of your time in the public servers

btw, where did you hear about waw ?

Razzer

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Actually, I owe my dicovery of BFE to a certain [22RN] 2Lt. Guarnere, who was more than happy to show me the site while we were playing on the WOLFGaming.net server last night. Thanks again Guarnere!

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    09-03-2013
    Country
    This is [42MKR]RCT.Zodiak's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, GJ Guarnere!

[Ax3-4] [Ax6] [Observer] [J17] [J21] [22RN] [KgG] [30AI] [34GD] [39Fj] [42Wx] [51FJ]

[38GM]AT|Pos.ShuDawg
    Cooool! Welcome aboard man, GL to ya.

Last Online
    09-30-2005

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEY

Infringement....Thats sorta stealing my name ARGHHH

Jks...

Wlecome aboard Kurtz!
    The valley is gone, the sun has risen, and I am the EVIL

First Allied CinC!

Formerly Shugart

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Hey guys, I have a suggestion. I was looking at the [22RN] roster and noticed the large amount of members in each company. If I had to guess, I'd estimate around 20-25 people per company, though I could be wrong. That being said, wouldn't it be advantageous to divide up a given company into equal platoons? Say there were 30 members in a company (be it tank, parachute, marines or air corps), why not make up three platoons of 10 members each to carry out different objectives in order to achieve a goal that the entire company needs to obtain.

Perhaps I'm taking this a bit too far, but it seems like a good idea to me!

Last Online
    10-18-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I owe my dicovery of BFE to a certain [22RN] 2Lt. Guarnere, who was more than happy to show me the site while we were playing on the WOLFGaming.net server last night. Thanks again Guarnere!
    My pleasure, hope you enjoy the experience

Last Online
    06-08-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, welcome aboard

Regarding your question about companies and platoons, the COs may decide to organize their men however they see necessary. Commonly, each division's "squads" are just the right size to handle most tasks, but how big they are and what they're used for always varies from division to division.

BFE-WaW Campaign 1 vet!

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason we can't do the whole 10 man platton thing is because not everyone is going to attend, so each platoon would be only one guy. Very disorganized then.

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Hmm, yes I suppose it does come down to a matter of attendance. Oh well, good idea nonetheless, too bad it couldn't be implemented.

I still have a couple of questions I have on my mind, BFE being quite overwhelming at first...

1) So what do I do now, exactly? I contacted my CO, read up on the Para Company that I am in, what next?

2) Are there any practices, scrims I should attend? If so, where can I see a calendar to view them?

3) My CO asked me to change my nick to reflect my member status in [22RN], what would my new nick look like? I see how others do it, and I know I'm a private, but how do I go about with exact spacing of letters, my company insignia, etc?

Thanks again guys!

Veteran
    Last Online
    09-12-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in your case Kurts it would be:
    [22RN]P|Pte.Kurtz

Ordos

--Who's your daddy?--
    Certified structural engineer (B.A.)

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
    Ah, there we go, feels good to be in uniform!