05-12-2013
    Country
    This is 74M|Pv.Kommisar's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main Battle Map updates

Hey. Finally got the Main Battle Map to update guys. It is now showing our current "working" map list for the campaign. Some changes may still go down, but it will at least give you guys are good idea of what is coming. And I will continue to update it as changes are made in the next 2 weeks leading up to campaign start.

Also, expect a firm start date in the next few days with a battle schedule!!!

Did you read the PM I sent you?

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    05-12-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it. And while these edits have not been done yet, expect some changes to the TP values of some of the territories in the campaign. I will also say that I doubt we will see any "new" Eastern European territories this campaign. I understand that the Eastern Front was HUGE, but for the purposes of this tournament, I am aiming towards a balance of the 4 territories. Where each theater is important and valuable. If the Eastern European Theater was worth 2 to 5 times more than any other theater in terms of TPs and such, then the entire campaign would be focused there and we would not have many battles in Africa, Western Europe or the Pacific.

Now, I'm sure you can make arguements that in Real Life, the Eastern Front was more important than the other theaters of the war for various reasons. And I'm not arguing that (here at least that's why we have a Mess Hall). But for our Tournament, the best thing is to offer a variety of balanced maps for the battles to occur on.

We have seen here in WAW in the past what happens when one Theater takes a dominate roll in the campaign. Africa has been the hub of activity here at WAW for the last 3 campaigns at least. End result? Ask a Vet of WAW how they feel about playing on Gazala again and wait for the groan!

So my goal now, is to make each of the theaters workable and playable for both sides. To see our campaign have battles across the board and in territories where we have traditionally never battled. Including Eastern Europe.

Last Online
    01-18-2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good, I would rather never play in africa again. As Kommi said it's been the bain of some of us for a few campaigns now.

Woudl teh eastern territory really need to be that hugh in IP points? Fair enough it was hugh in the war, but for WaW you could keep it line with the other territorys to add some diversity to the theaters we play in, roughly the same amount of IP's that the other theaters are worth in total.

I understand your logic, Kommisar and I have an idea that should fit in with your plan.

The Soviets never fought in Norway (the British did), so putting Valirisk there is questionable. I say, use Valirisk as the map for Russia since Russia still is TBA and put a British/German map in Norway. What ever happened to Weserbung?

Norway was really a Western European battleground anyway and it's really isolated from the rest of Allied-controlled territory in Eastern Europe. I think it would fit better in Western Europe.

Also, "Gibraltar" is spelled with an A.

[Retired]Proton
    Play on Gazala he asks ... NNNNOOOOOOOOOOO would be nicer.

Good work on the list Kommi

Also to Artie .. I can totally totally see what you are saying .. I also have a big love for realism and the history of the war, etc .. but you have to understand that at the end of the day this is a game and a fun tournament .. unfortunately its just not possible to make everything as realistic as we would like and still keep it easy and fun. Trust me when I say that the guys who manage the tourny do the best job they can it making it suit all the requirements .. but we are never going to have 100% realism .. we do though have the best of both that we can squeeze together.

Last Online
    03-19-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did Weserubung go

Last time I saw that map it had a load of Japanese guys running around on

I also suggest letting the Allies start off with Northeast Europe since that's basically the Soviet Union and a few of the Baltic states. After all, the map is Barbarossa. The Germans are the ones that are invading, not the Soviets.

To offset this loss for the Axis, I suggest giving them a territory in North Africa. The way it is right now, they only have 1 territory worth 5 points as opposed to the Allies who have 3 territories worth 14 points in total.

Registered User 23_German Oberschuetze
    Last Online
    09-15-2011
    Country
    This is GjS// Maverick's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *offtopic*

I love Gazala

Nice Canyons to have fierce dogfights in...a pilots dream

*offtopic*

Mav

Last Online
    04-13-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Gazala is one of a the few maps that EA created thats fairly balanced. Second this is now FH Gazala and will play completly different from any past campaign battles as will many other desert maps. Hmmmm even BATTLEAXE would be a new map in many ways with FH.

Is Battle of Rome the map created by Tuut?

Don't you allied flyboys even TRY to say that Gazala is even. 2 Spits on 1 109? LOL, what a a joke.

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    05-12-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Okay, take the map opinions to the Mapping Forum Guys.

As for the Battle Map.

There are 2 factors that are currently holding back any major expansion or changes of the Main Map.

1) Lack of good maps to put into new territories.
    2) Lack of good solid guy to do the flash work to update the new Main Map.

1) We are working on it. My plan is to have 2 new territories this campaign. 1 in Africa. 1 in the Pacific. Reasons are for campaign balance more than anything. As new maps come out, and as our team continues to edit/create good ones for us, then I expect to see our Main Map expanding in every theater.

2) I've called in some personal favors to get a good friend of mine to do the flash work for us for FREE. That's a big deal BTW. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet do to an untimely and REAL nasty infection my friend got that laid him flat for 2 weeks. Litterally hospital time. But he is recovering now and we are hopefully going to have the first updates done by the end of next week.

It's one thing to come up with the ideas around here. It's another thing to get them done And trust me, the latter is the killer.

My current vision is to continue to expand WAW's map list and territory list as we can in all theaters. In fact, my hopes was to expand each of the European campaigns for WAW7 and maybe another 1 or 2 for Africa as well. But as I said, it all depends on having good maps and the skills to get the changes made to the Flash map.

Everybody always says that WAW is only a Beta. Or, when will WAW be done. I think that is the wrong approach to something like this. WAW is something that should always be changing and growing to meet the new needs/desires that arrise. We can always be better. We can always improve. And I plan to continue the process and not just settle with "good enough".

So, what do you think of my newest suggestion?

Last Online
    04-13-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planes can be added for the Axis its not that hard for Gazala.