PDA

View Full Version : Post Scriptum, Your hardware and how did it play,

1AB|LCpl. cb99
06-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Post Scriptum,
Share your hardware and how "Post Scriptum" did play/run on your rig.

Might help out with some absolutely non scientific indications, and please feel free to post your own experiences.
Once released it's possible to buy as any Steamgame and ask for refund if played less than 2 hours and before 14 days have passed since purchase if it does not work out, but DOUBLE CHECK THAT ONE YOUR SELF!
How To Request A Refund,
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6695-QIKM-7966

So I will also mention PUBG and Squad experience because they both use the same engine as Post Scriptum.
The 16Gb main memory (not expensive these days) and SSD small pretty cheap and easy add-on did do wonders for PUBG, and within Steam super easy via menu choice to move a game-installation to a new hard-drive, so pretty easy path to add SSD as well, in PUBG the main reason for 16Gb and SSD was texture loading time, did wonders and I personally believe this might be a good for UE4 thing.

Also upgrading a GPU these days to a new one is pretty easy if you have a pcie slot, because almost every single one lately have drawn so much less effect, so normally you do not have to upgrade the power-supply to get a better GPU

---
Rig 1 in 1080p resolution, on Windows 7 Professional, still using the release from EA Nvidia driver for PUBG works well in all games. (I do switch driver when I actually have a need for it)
---
Asus GTX 980 Strix Direct 4Gb, the ti's are are 25-30% faster than this one.
Cpu I7 4790
16Gb main memory
SSD hard-drive

PUBG, Squad and Post Scriptum run smooth with no lag and no problem, high settings.
~75-90fps PUBG and 50-60fps Post Scriptum

---
Rig 2 in 1080p resolution, on Windows 7 Professional, still using the release from EA Nvidia driver for PUBG works well in all games. (I do switch driver when I actually have a need for it)
---
MSI 980 Ti 6Gb
Cpu I5 3570k
16Gb main memory
SSD hard-drive

PUBG, Squad and Post Scriptum run smooth with no lag and no problem, high settings.
~85-100fps PUBG and 60-70fps Post Scriptum

---

As you see,
Not the newest and not the oldest hardware but it still do the job very well in the games I do play and in my screen resolution (1080p), so I have not had the need yet to improve it more for the time been.

Also,
IMO as you can see on CPU's the GPU is the main item to upgrade always, and as I mentioned with the considerable lower power requirements for the new GPU generations it is possible to do a GPU upgrade and leave the rest as is.

Both run BF1 super smooth, and the goodies on for what it is worth, but that probably one of the best game engines out there.

Unfortunately for us gamers the whole digital-curency mining business have really destroyed the market to a great extent, but that might also at some point lead to a after-market of cheaper second-hand cards.

-cb99
(fps is from memory, and it was a while since I did turn on fps meter in PUBG and in Post Scriptum it was previous test)

1AB|Maj.Steevo
06-17-2018, 07:07 PM
I would not say my FPS was stable, there was clear difference in running in a city and running in an open field. Hitching between 60fps and 25fps depending on the situation.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
Running it from my SSD

2WD/|RazzerKFG
07-04-2018, 09:43 PM
i7 3770K 3.5 ghz - boost at 3.9 ghz
GTX 760 2 gb
8 gb dualchannel ram

Felt like playing WWIIonline it looked that bad.

So upgradeing the rig to
Same CPU
Asus 1060 6gb OC
16 GB dualchannel ram

and hope to see some improvement during the next playtest.