PDA

View Full Version : Populate the server

Avrojet
09-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Our server is often empty at the moment. Pubbies rarely join an empty server so we need some WaW players to get it started.
When you want to play FH2 just hop onto our server and it will fill up fast.

Without getting it started it will remain empty, which is a shame.

Paasky
09-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Idling is always fun!

AB*Rct [130.Pz]S.Lainer
09-25-2009, 10:12 PM
I noticed that yesterday. Think it was all the practices on Thursdays. Count me in for tonight though boss.

Cl60Rc Hellbot711
09-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Same with me if i can get everything running and i don't get that stupid bf2 vista pb error but ill be on today just about 3 hours or so...
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

YkS Hickle
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
We're trying to get it populated now guys anyone that's go some spare time hop on.

Switz
09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
The long desert maps kill off the server in most cases.

Bs* w00ter
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
only tunis, in my experience

Ice Forge
10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Battle for sfakia and Tunis is KILLING the server whenever those maps pop on

On another note it would seem that Lüttich is a high ppl attractor so if its low pop.

Gliiider
10-04-2009, 10:16 PM
If your looking to populate the server, make sure you drag along one or two others, otherwise no one shows up.

I have tried sitting on the server for an hour here, and an hour there, and no body joins up - and this is during times when there are two or three other servers that are full. That is when people are looking for another server to join.

1AB|Pvt. Taloran
10-05-2009, 12:51 AM
It might also be possible that 2.2's new car smell has worn out, and players have started to move on.

Bs* w00ter
10-05-2009, 05:17 PM
If you want the server started, ask an admin to switch to totalize or luttich, followed by PDH. If you can gather 5 or so people at once, the server will be at 30 by the end of the first map, full by the end of the second. I'll be getting the server going in 3 or 4 hrs...

2WD~~~|GER.MAN
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
we also need to take those 16 player maps out of rotation... i know that people want them when there are very little people, but ive watched server numbers cut in half and leave when those 16 player ones come on

Trexer
10-09-2009, 06:14 AM
If you are on the server change the next map so they are skipped.

Bailing_Out
10-09-2009, 08:13 AM
How would any of us change the map? Hell I get on sometimes by myself and will cap the flags and let the tickets run just to go to one of the new maps so maybe someone will show up. I like some of the old desert maps but I know many are tired of them.

FJJ^^|EightbaII_2
10-12-2009, 01:46 AM
How would any of us change the map? Hell I get on sometimes by myself and will cap the flags and let the tickets run just to go to one of the new maps so maybe someone will show up. I like some of the old desert maps but I know many are tired of them.
For what it's worth from an old hand, Sfaika and Giarabub kill the WaW server. I know that I, for one, always leave when those are in rotation, and I've watched numbers die consistently when those are on. Fall of Tunis seems to be about the only Afrika map that the WaW server could run without crashing that people will stick around to play.

But I've noticed that WaW is consistently the only server with Siege of Giarabub, or Sfaika in rotation, and I've also noticed a consistant uptick in the population of other servers when either of those two are on.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of the US vs. Germany maps are the ones that capture attention. Plus Lebisy and Totalize, and those seem to be the only maps that jump start servers, from what I've seen when I'm trying to figure out which one to join.

Carry on, folks.

Mazz
10-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Maps I notice usually run well with a full server or have a tendency to bring players in are:

Luttich 64
Totalize 64
Goodwood 64

Maps that have potential most of the time are Fall of Tobruk 64, Lebisey 64, PDH 64 and PdH 64. Also, Goodwood 16 looked very interesting in a full server, an infantry only battle centered around Cagny.

Our rotation should be centered around those maps for maximum players. You have to remove PHL and PdH 16 and 32s because they are horrible horrible maps. Also, Skafia and Giarabub drag with our ticket percentage, and hence kill the server over time. Since we are the only server with 300% though, I request you just remove these bad maps and not touch that mechanic, cause its awesome for maps like Totalize and Luttich.

Another idea is maybe have a day of the week for the Africa maps that aren't played much, like Hyacinth.

Bs* w00ter
10-14-2009, 02:58 PM
I shenanigans the fact that giarabub drags the server. I've never seen our server go from full to less full by the end of it. :angel: Sfakia, it could be argued but FOT and Giarabub do very well generally.

Paasky
10-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Giarabub is pretty fun. But maybe I just like all maps with Aussies/Italians...

Avrojet
10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming.

The problem we have atm is that the server is only ever filled during the NA afternoon/evneings and never during the euro times.

It would be cool if we could get it jumpstarted during euro afternoon/evenings too.

Bs* w00ter
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
When are mister admins going to make an appearance to get it started :D :angel:

94P|Pf peppervieze
10-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I tried keeping it filled up a week or 2 ago on a saturday morning, but it drained anyway, most euro's will go to 78th, HSlan, or forgotten honor.

Avrojet
10-14-2009, 09:14 PM

Quite a hard thing to do when all you have during the week is a laptop that cannot even start BF2.
Hence the community is called upon.

Bailing_Out
10-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Eightball, when I see Sfaika on the server I will sometimes even if I am not interested in playing get on and let the tickets run out to get it to another map. Watch TV see if anyone shows on the next one but its the middle of the night so usually not.

70D|Bg Spfft-Ebil
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Yeah, most euros propably prefer to play on euro servers due to less ping and better hitreg due to lower ping.

(including me :oops:)

Bs* w00ter
10-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Avrojet;462956']Quite a hard thing to do when all you have during the week is a laptop that cannot even start BF2.
Hence the community is called upon.

pff! Buy a better laptop :d *kicks feet in ground* I just want to play with you guys :angel:

[WaW]TA|Stubbfan
10-16-2009, 12:15 AM

Aaah. You mean free time for pubby play. Yeah that would be great. For me, my avaliable time + some more goes into mapping, modding + extra tournament stuff.

FJJ^^|EightbaII_2
10-16-2009, 01:56 AM
Eightball, when I see Sfaika on the server I will sometimes even if I am not interested in playing get on and let the tickets run out to get it to another map. Watch TV see if anyone shows on the next one but its the middle of the night so usually not.Easier said than done, my old friend. I'm in college (who recently reduced their internet speed....WTH????), and don't watch TV, nor can I have my guns in the room--so basically, my computer is my entertainment and homework center, and letting FH2 eat the screen would be a less than awesome option.

Though, for those curious, the craptastic internet this year is about the only reason I haven't rejoined. It saddens me seeing so many idiots on pubbies who don't use tactics, but for the next few months, i'm stuck with crappy internet.

:sadpanda:

Bs* w00ter
11-14-2009, 08:41 AM
Pubby went till at least 4 AM tonight. We need Supercharge removed and bardia, giarabub, mersa and fall of tobruk added back in please.

B|60Pf [130.Pz]A.Aasen
11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
FoT and Giarabub for sure though you'll find that people either hate or really like mersah and bardia for the most part and it'll keep the server at even numbers usually, at least that's how it worked on the old 130th server.

Q62|Cp Splattski.
11-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Just make it Lüttich only.

It would attract lots of players and a lot of euros as my self.

92P|Pv |KFG|Quervo
11-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Alone in the server with little to do, poor ole Quervo is lonesome and blue. Come join our pubby and others will too, after all let's face it, you've naught better to do.

Bs* w00ter
11-16-2009, 05:47 PM
You might get lucky, but the server usually never gets populated during regular euro times. The earliest I have seen it get populated was 3 pm, but that was because we had about 18 or so waw players who stayed on for 5 hrs...

btw, 16 player maps = fun in a can

[WaW] LtnGeorge
11-18-2009, 05:34 AM
There were also some players asking for maps like Aberdeen and El alamein.

The big african tank maps.

Bs* w00ter
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
El Al crashes the server so does supercharge
Aberdeen is unbalanced since the axis always end up getting camped in their main.

Maps that do really need to be put on soon are hyacinth, bardia, mersa

68A|Pf torex
11-21-2009, 02:26 AM
[ obsolete ]

94P|Pf peppervieze
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Supercharge doesnt crash afaik. We really should keep that one in.

Its impossible to keep the server populated during euro times. Tried it again today, and the numbers will just drop as the americans leave and the euro's go to the EU servers.

68A|Pf torex
11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Conclusion: We need more US players ;)

FpG/ Marorin
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Supercharge doesnt crash afaik. We really should keep that one in.

Its impossible to keep the server populated during euro times. Tried it again today, and the numbers will just drop as the americans leave and the euro's go to the EU servers.

Then the question is - why the hell euro's go to the EU servers instead of staying in WAW?

AB*Rct KullaN
12-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Ping.

[KIA] P3rfor@or
12-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Ping is so colossal I see players glide past with unmoving legs.....folk materialize in front of me and I'm suddenly dead......shots from 2 feet directly into a head miss by about 6 feet......