PDA

View Full Version : Serious headset trouble

H62|Pv AARP
09-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Ok, so I picked up a new hradset today at bestbuy. I got a USB headset because that was the only thing they had. I took it home and plugged it in. Here's where the problems start. First, Itunes does not work with it and I cannot hear the music. Second, whenever I talk, It's played back to me over the headset. Third, I can't talk over TS. Help! Here's the headset I have: http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/pc-83-3-rocketfish-usb-pc-gaming-stereo-headset-with-microphone.aspx

Paasky
09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Second, whenever I talk, It's played back to me over the headset.
Doubleclick the volume icon on your tray (bottomright) > Options > Properties > Check Microphone is selected > Make sure it's muted.

Third, I can't talk over TS.
Doubleclick the volume icon on your tray (bottomright) > Options > Properties > Recording > Make sure Microphone volume is maxed, and isn't muted > Advanced button > Check MicBoost is selected.

If you still can't talk, see if you're getting anything out. Start> Run > type sndrec32 > Start recording yourself.

[WaW]TA|Stubbfan
09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Make sure you select the correct "recording device" and "playback device" under - control panel - sound devices (or whatever it is in english).

Also make sure microphone is selected in that second place paasky was speaking about and not "stereo mix" or whatever.

H62|Pv AARP
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Thank you so much guys. Turns out to be a really good headset now.:D