PDA

View Full Version : Very Critical BF error

Toolshed
06-05-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm just cluttering up the support forums today!
Well, I just got a webcam (I need one for an online class I'm taking). Once I installed it, I decided to play some battlefield. The only problem is that FH crashes. It doesn't crash when I open it. It opens just fine and appears to be running fine. However, as soon as my pointer moves over ANY of the menu buttons, it crashes to the desktop. This is something pretty serious. It almost has to be something with the webcam since that's the only thing that has changed since last night, but what is it? HELP!!!

[WaW]TA|Stubbfan
06-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Does this happen for vanilla also?

Toolshed
06-05-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes it does.

Toolshed
06-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I just took off all the camera software and drivers and now FH (and vanilla) works fine, so it's obvious that it's causing some type of interference. The question is, what is it? It might have just been a bad install that caused something freaky to happen. But, until I have time to sit down and go through tons of stuff step by step, process by process, I'll just use the camera on my laptop (which might end up being more convenient anyway. Let me know if you have any thoughts on what it might be.
And it's a Logitech camera FYI.

GjT Sky Captain
06-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Registry problem maybe?

Trexer
06-06-2007, 04:13 AM
I'd suggest searching google with your webcam model. Chances are others are experience the issue and mention a fix.

BigBlueCheese
06-06-2007, 05:04 AM
Otherwise try installing it on another hard drive if you haven't tried that already.

58F_Lc Ordos!
06-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Sounds like a DirectX problem

You see DirectX enables everything, from scanner through to sound (and also graphics and Webcams)

Now if these drivers use the same paths as are required for the BF or hog them up any other way, your screwed.

See if there are WIA-style drivers (windows image acquisition) for your webcam. Those are different subroutines and should not get in your way when playing 3D games (though unplug it when you want to use a scanner)

what webcam is it anyway? a creative one?

-Ordos-

Toolshed
06-06-2007, 06:37 AM
It's a Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/webcam_communications/webcams/devices/352&cl=us,en