PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to TS

Jerry_03
05-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i cant connect to WaW TS Server or any TS server for that matter.

im guessing it has something to do with the TS port not being forwarded. but im connected directly to a cable modem. and as far as i know you can only forward ports when behind a router (correct me if im wrong).

yes im sure i put in the correct ip address and PW. no its not a firewall blocking it :p

any suggestions?

Paasky
05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I have a sort-of similiar problem: Il-2 can't use the net at all. I have no idea why, the router is ok, norton let's it through (failed to connect while norton was disabled too btw) and I haven't changed any setting in il-2. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling, to no effect. ASE finds the servers fine, il-2 tries to connect but gets a timed out error.

[ARMY]Rocketryan
05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Are you connected to the internet ? :D

GjT Sky Captain
05-24-2007, 08:00 PM
G|SSze.Paasky;245062']I have a sort-of similiar problem: Il-2 can't use the net at all. I have no idea why, the router is ok, norton let's it through (failed to connect while norton was disabled too btw) and I haven't changed any setting in il-2. I tried uninstalling & reinstalling, to no effect. ASE finds the servers fine, il-2 tries to connect but gets a timed out error.
Check your internet port in Il-2? Might've gotten changed.

Enfield
05-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Paasky:
Open up FB setup, find it either in start/All Programs/Ubi Soft/IL2FB/Setup or in your FB folder on your HD.
Open the network tab and look at the IP address, if it says default change it to the lowest number on the list.

Jerry_03
05-25-2007, 11:22 AM
i was gonna make a post in the offical TS forums but they dont have a tech support section. btw i cant connect on the net with other apps on this computer like games and itunes. ill try adding in the ports for the TS server thru network connections and enable it (Local Area Connection > Properties > Advance > Settings)

Paasky
05-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Why exactly would anyone use the Windows Firewall? Just get ZoneAlarm & disable the windows one.

EDIT: Thanks enfiedl, works now. Should've remembered it stopped working after installing Hamachi.

Jerry_03
05-25-2007, 11:31 AM
if you're refering to my post, i dont have windows firewall. or SP2 for that matter.

Paasky
05-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Okay... But when I clicked on those things you mentioned, it got me in the Windows Firewall settings.

Jerry_03
05-25-2007, 11:42 PM
well thats in SP2. in SP1 it just has the services tab, with checkmark boxes. at the bottom theres a add button and there you can put in port numbers. i tried putting in the waw ts port # but it still doesnt work.

i didnt really expect it to work anyways because that windows feature never worked for me before and im not behind a router anyways. im beginning to think it might be my cable modem....dam ISP.