PDA

View Full Version : Headset Help

Rc[48AD]Cpl.Colt
05-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey guys, I use a Logitech Precision Gaming Headset and i pulled on the cord kinda hard with my foot, and now i cant hear anything. If anyone knows how to fix it, please help me... :sadpanda:

Rc[48AD]Cpl.Colt
05-06-2007, 11:33 PM
I can hear a tiny little something in my left ear, but not much

Rc[48AD]Cpl.Colt
05-07-2007, 12:07 AM
please? :sadpanda:

GjT Sky Captain
05-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Did the sound level get muted or anything? Don't know much about Logitech headsets (Or headsets in general...), but you asked...

Rc[48AD]Cpl.Colt
05-07-2007, 12:13 AM
no..... it got wrapped around the chair and i put my foot down and.... ya

Rc[48AD]Cpl.Colt
05-07-2007, 12:15 AM
okay problem fixed for now, i have an old headset and im using that, and when i get a new headset then its all good.

MaxHeadroom
05-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Sounds like you might have broken the wire between the jack and the speakers. You could splice a new wire in if the break is actually in the wire, rather than in the jack or earpieces. You could also replace the jack if that's where it's broken. Not a big deal really. They make the wires entirely too flimsy for my liking. :)

Max

Rc[48AD]Cpl.Colt
05-07-2007, 12:27 AM
thanks guys, im just gonna go out tommorow and buy a new headset, even if i did fix it i dont like it.

[Do]Shifty
05-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Walther i have the same headset, It just broke Friday, I stopped hearing out of the left ear piece, I opened it up and i Tryed to sauder the Wire back in but no dice, So i just called there Support and there sending me a new one :P So just call there Tech Support, And Tell them what happened and there going to ask for proof of Purchase, U cant use a serial number because there isnt one on the headset.

66S|Pv Ritter
05-07-2007, 05:54 AM
Don't buy crappy logitech headphones. I went through so many of those things because of that very problem. Now I use a set of Sennheiser headphones (with a seperate mic that I bought for like...twelve bucks). They are made so that the cord is detachable from the headphones (so if the cord itself breaks, you can just replace it and it's less likely to mess up in the first place). They're decently made, but I've had them for close to two years now probably. The only problem I've had is that on one of the ear thingies, the fake leather type covering on the cushion thingy has pulled away on the inside. It doesn't affect anything at all and I don't notice it. The sound quality is pretty darned good, though...'course I think I paid $70 for these. :P I figured that if these would last long enough, then it'd be worth it...so far it's looking like it'll be cost effective since I was going through Logitechs three times a year, practically.

Juggernaut
05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I'd recommend a pair of Plantronics headsets if you can find one at a local Best Buy. They are great and sound quality is loud and clear. Loving my own pair. Cost me about $40 and lasted me about a whole year. My second headset too. The first was some lame Altec Lansing one, and the difference when I made the switch was amazing.

Trexer
05-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't suggest Plantronics. In my experience they only last a year. I would go Sennheiser or Zalman.

[WaW] m1
05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
lol I used my bf2 special edition free ones, that I got when I bought BF2 from ebgames.com, for ever.

I like logitech for the price and quality

66S|Pv Ritter
05-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I've still got my BF2 headphones somewhere...never used them, but I figured I'd keep them as spares just in case.