PDA

View Full Version : FH not backupable?!

R|56Lc.Knowsknone
02-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Well, after backing up my huge mods and stuff that I didnt want to spend several months re downloading, I upgraded m system to Vista, I moved FH back onto my HDD, installed BF42 patched to 1.6 then installed FH 1-3 then the map pack, everything boots and all then ctd's about 1/3 through the loading of a map, well more like 1/6 but I read when that happens the maps are not installed right, but it heppens for all of them, map pack and stock FH maps... I want to participate in next weeks battle, but from the way things are going I might have to miss this one, and I don't want to miss the first theater battle...

Trexer
02-25-2007, 03:55 AM
Did you install the 1.6 to 1.61 patch.

R|56Lc.Knowsknone
02-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Woah, awesomely quick reply, uhhh, I am pretty sure... I can go through my files and see real fast...
[edit]
It appears I don't have it... Could have sworn I downloaded it... Oh well, I'll give it a go, thanks for pointing it out Trexer, just human error.. Ill post back if it works or not...

Wk[KgG]/|Pross
02-25-2007, 08:11 AM
FH did NOT work for me in vista. Vanilla 1942 does work but you dont get any crosshairs unless you are in a vehicle. Might be just a nvidia problem at the moment but it forced me to dual boot XP just for 1942 :(

R|56Lc.Knowsknone
02-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Hmmmm, must just be Nvidia, I am sure i had crosshairs... Also the maps still crash but load a bit further not much though, I looked at dual booting but I don't have XP on my system anymore though, it was installed as an upgrade ... Damnit all to hell.... Although I saw it ad it said somthing about recoring my drive and stuff, an I don't want to do that it will probably screw up my PC even more, not that Vista is screwed up it just doesnt know how to play games like XP did. All that work to integrate gaming into Vista, and microsoft failed at it.... Almost no games support it, even the ones with the "Games for Windows" logo on it, COH won't patch without crashing, FEAR just goes retarded occasionally, and BF2 wont let me keep my settings. ATI even with the 7.1 drivers, wont let me keep my settings.... Meh w/e enough with my rant...

Maybe some help on how I can rig it so it works, vanilla 1942 is lame after playing FH extensively.... I would remote it from my XP server PC (my old gaming rig) but I don't have a long enough VGA cable, and bsides I have like 70ish gugs out of 80 used and it takes literally 10 minutes to start...

2WD/|Glent
02-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Not all games will work for Vista, as not all games are compatible with the new system.

R|56Lc.Knowsknone
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
I know.... Anyway that sucks FH inst compatible with Vista... Thanks for the help guys...

68D|Rc Creek
03-06-2007, 08:04 PM
If you run FH in a Windows 98/ME compatibility mode, FH will run, having a Data differs from server issue, but thats just on one server that I've tried so far.