PDA

View Full Version : Maps for Mac

Gp[45PzL]|GhostRunner
02-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Hey, I have been wanting to play in these tournaments for a while, but I play on a Mac and cannot download thecustom maps. I've tried everything, including unrarX and other applications. Does anyone know of a way to convert these to Mac, or get the download onto a diferent window? when I go to the website, it shows the rar file code.:axis:

BigBlueCheese
02-09-2007, 05:44 AM
|GhostRunner;206168'] Hey, I have been wanting to play in these tournaments for a while, but I play on a Mac and cannot download thecustom maps. I've tried everything, including unrarX and other applications. Does anyone know of a way to convert these to Mac, or get the download onto a diferent window? when I go to the website, it shows the rar file code.:axis:

Stuffit works fine with RAR files. You can extract them with that.

However, that's where my expertise ends. Find your BF1942 directory (Applications/BF1942) or something like that and then try and find the directory where you put the maps (mods/FH/archives/levels/) and tell me what the file type of the files in there is. If it's .rfa, then you can simply extract the custom map files there. If it's something different, then I think you'll need to get a PC :(

On a side note: I'm surprised you can put up with that GameRanger BS for playing BF1942. Also, be aware that Teamspeak for Mac is much more limited than for PC.