PDA

View Full Version : Just a "question"

Jimmie_Ryan
02-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Is there a way to reduce lagg with out hurting visual stuff or turning sounds off?

my specs are:

1gb or ram
2.8CPU
and 128 video card

note-replacing these is not an option.

and if there isnt this is how it stays sounds off :-P

BigBlueCheese
02-03-2007, 01:33 AM
Well, the best ways involve spending money. $60-$80 for a sound card or $70-$100 for a new graphics card. Graphics card is what's holding you back at the moment, but a sound card would help you put sounds on too.

Otherwise, defragment your hard drive or even go so far as to reformat it. Also, you can Ctrl+Alt+Del and close almost every process you possible can in order to save RAM.

However, I'd believe that the video card is what's holding you back at the moment. My older system runs FH on max graphics at an average of 25FPS with a 2.0GHz P4, 1GB of RAM, and a 256MB Radeon 9800 SE. I also have a Soundblaster Audigy that helps a bit too.

You're probably not going to get rid of lag without spending money... sorry.

70R|Sd Ithgar
02-03-2007, 02:44 AM
Płk.BigBlueCheese;203681']Also, you can Ctrl+Alt+Del and close almost every process you possible can in order to save RAM.
:stop:
Be VERY careful if you follow this advice. You need to be 100% sure what each process is before you end it: if you end the wrong one, your computer could be affected in adverse ways.

BigBlueCheese
02-03-2007, 03:42 AM
/|Ithgar;203693']:stop:
Be VERY careful if you follow this advice. You need to be 100% sure what each process is before you end it: if you end the wrong one, your computer could be affected in adverse ways.

Also, there's a program out there I believe that closes the unnecessary ones for you, or tells you which ones aren't necessary.

Ragamuffin
02-03-2007, 07:10 AM
C|Szt.Jimmie_Ryan;203668']and 128 video card

ATI or nVidia? If it's ATI, you can grab Omega drivers for a small performance boost, or for nVidia....er....you could also try omega drivers, but I think guru3d makes some tweaked drivers for nVidia cards as well.

Mudi
02-03-2007, 08:45 AM
If you are talking about lag in FH, try lowering your sound settings. Put your sound detail to low and quality to 11khz. That might help to reduce the lag.

-Mudi

Enfield
02-03-2007, 10:00 AM
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php

Hijack this is the answer.

Wk[KgG]/|Pross
02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
google for a prog called 'enditall' it closes all things apart from windows itself very good for low spec systems

Wi[45PzL]|Everton
02-03-2007, 04:38 PM
OMG i hope not every1 is not in the match but i cant seem to connect.
i downloaded all the files including the 1st one and used winrar. to extract all my files but it says unable to connect to server.:(

KaK// LemonV2
02-04-2007, 01:45 PM
When it says that make sure that there is less than 60 people on the server.

That is the result of reserved slots. Theres four reserved slots on the server and you can tell because it says 64(4). The 4 slots are for admins like trexer, york, kharabakh, etc. Just keep trying again and again and again if this problem occurs. Those darned admins are bound to come off sometime eh? :P

Jimmie_Ryan
02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
thanks for the advise looks like sounds stay off. Im gonna hold off on any updates. NEW PC in NOV. (sickness) and my PC plays the other assortment of enjoyables now so....Thanks Again!

BigBlueCheese
02-06-2007, 11:31 PM
C|Szt.Jimmie_Ryan;205378']thanks for the advise looks like sounds stay off. Im gonna hold off on any updates. NEW PC in NOV. (sickness) and my PC plays the other assortment of enjoyables now so....Thanks Again!

If you're building the computer from scratch, I'll be glad to help out :D

74M|Pv.Kommisar
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
20 bucks says you are using an onboard (mother board default) sound card. With FH on the 42 engine the rest of your specs are passable and should be fine (even the 128 MB video card). But 42 is a massive sound hog and if it is on board then it is eating up a bunch of your processor.

IF you are planning to build a new computer from scratch in a few months, then my advice would be to go ahead and drop the 30 to 50 bucks for an Audigy Sound card, use it in your current machine and then swap it over to your new build later. You'll see a sizable performance increase.

BigBlueCheese
02-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Kommisar;205419']IF you are planning to build a new computer from scratch in a few months, then my advice would be to go ahead and drop the 30 to 50 bucks for an Audigy Sound card, use it in your current machine and then swap it over to your new build later. You'll see a sizable performance increase.

Good point.

Also, even if you aren't building from scratch, that soundcard will still do you good in your new machine. I highly recommend going for it.

Buzz Adams
02-07-2007, 02:40 AM
The Video card you use can make a GREAT deal of difference. Which card is it? That may be the best area to concentrate on, but you did say you cannot change them.

You can buy a Sound card or,

You also can get a DSP-500 Headset from Plantronics....

The headset is USB and plugs into any Main USB port usually in back of a PC. (The front ports do not always have the power to support everything)

The headset has its own built in sound card....In other words you do not even need a sound card and it doesnt pull any resources from the PC or hurt game play at all.

You will have great sound, and have the added benefit of not annoying others in your household with loud computer noises.

Oh...btw around $50.00 with a great guarantee.

Jimmie_Ryan
02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
thanks again ill wait im fine with no sounds it helps me concentrate

that and i can play Metalica or some other arenal rock stuff in background LeD- ZePPeLIN ftw

come NOV this PC of mine will be a boat anchor