PDA

View Full Version : Joystick Problems

64F|Pv DisgruntledPenguin
12-25-2006, 03:23 AM
Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry if I screwed up.

Anyways, I'm trying to get BF1942 to recognize my Saitek Cyborg Evo joystick. When I try to change the flight controls from the keyboard/mouse to the joystick, it doesn't seem to understand and keeps putting "Joystick Button 5" or something along those lines, and won't let me change it to anything else.

So I googled battlefield 1942 joystick help, and came up with a page that talked about setting up a joystick for BF1942. I quote: "First, the game will only detect a joystick if it's configured with controller ID #1. In the Control Panel, Gaming Options, look at "Controller IDs".". Ok...so I go to the Windows Control Panel, but there's no Gaming Options section, just Game Controllers which does not let me change the controller ID number. Is this the right control panel? Are they referring to an in game one or something? I'm guessing some of you use joysticks to fly, and I would really appreciate it if you could help.

Thank you.

-DP

Edit: Ok guys, I'm really sorry for posting this. The game suddenly recognized my joystick when I gave it another try. Again, I'm really sorry for posting this and acting like a noob. Please delete this thread or do whatever you do.