PDA

View Full Version : now my mic isn't working

Audie Murphy
12-12-2006, 01:08 AM
well My mic isn't workign either, I can hear sound from it but it wont let me talk throguh with it, anyone know how to fix this?

BigBlueCheese
12-12-2006, 01:16 AM
C|Sze.Audie Murphy;182457']well My mic isn't workign either, I can hear sound from it but it wont let me talk throguh with it, anyone know how to fix this?

Mute playback for your microphone in your sound and audio volumes. Cntrl Panel=>Sounds>Audio=>playback.

Then make sure that you make sure "microphone" is selected when you click recording instead of playback. Also, click "advanced" and enable "10+ dB boost".

Audie Murphy
12-12-2006, 02:07 AM
you know what? I really don't know how to to do that

BigBlueCheese
12-12-2006, 02:24 AM
C|Sze.Audie Murphy;182496']you know what? I really don't know how to to do that

Like I said, Cntrl Panel=>Sounds>Audio=>playback volume

There are little mute check boxes under each form of output. Make sure the one next to microphone is muted.

Cntrl Panel=>Sounds>Audio=>recording volume
Each checkbox that used to say mute in the step above now says select. Make sure microphone is selected.

Audie Murphy
12-12-2006, 03:44 AM
now that helps a lot thank you

BigBlueCheese
12-12-2006, 05:04 AM
C|Sze.Audie Murphy;182531']now that helps a lot thank you
Is the problem fixed yet?

Also, you can see if it's just teamspeak by trying to record something.
Start=>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment=>voice recorder. If it doesn't work there, then it's a computer setting or a mic problem.

If that does work, go into TS, click Settings=>Sound Imput/Output Settings.
Then click "activate local test mode." If you use press-to-talk, press it now and see what comes out of your speakers. You should be picking up some background noise and you can speak to check it too. If this works too, then I'll have to think more about what your problem is.

Audie Murphy
12-12-2006, 05:56 AM
yeha umm didn't work, would using a new headset help?

BigBlueCheese
12-12-2006, 06:56 PM
C|Sze.Audie Murphy;182593']yeha umm didn't work, would using a new headset help?

You can try.

But which part didn't work. That's going to give me the most insight. The first step for testing or the second? Do them in order please.

Audie Murphy
12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
what I had to do each of those seperae?

Audie Murphy
12-13-2006, 01:11 AM
alright, I am now using my dad's mic, only problem is this. it now says this message that says TDSoundOut.Open(DirectSoundCreate):No sound driver si available for use everytime I go to open Teamspeak. anyone know what the problem is?

BigBlueCheese
12-13-2006, 02:25 AM
You need to find out the type of sound card you have (or whether it's integrated into your motherboard) and then get drivers for it.

Integrated is identified by the speaker and microhpone ports being up higher on the chasis near where you would plug in your keyboard and mouse.

To get drivers, you need to find the website of the soundcard manufacturer or if it's integrated, the website of your motherboard manufacturer.

Audie Murphy
12-13-2006, 02:26 AM
it's fine now, thansk for trying to hlp me

BigBlueCheese
12-13-2006, 02:26 AM
C|Sze.Audie Murphy;183176']it's fine now, thansk for trying to hlp me

Good to hear.