PDA

View Full Version : a different TS problem

72H|CS Daddy
12-09-2006, 09:56 PM
Can't connect.

I've posted it before, but that was in the allied barracks. Maybe some axis or TA guys can help.

[23:45:41] Connecting to 64.27.18.249:8769
[23:45:44] No reply from server
or maybe teamspeak is not running on it

I know the server really isn't "offline" cause I can ping it.

Pinging 64.27.18.249 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.27.18.249: Bytes=32 time=200ms TTL=52
Reply from 64.27.18.249: Bytes=32 time=189ms TTL=52

TS works fine on my computer, because I can connect to other international TS servers without problems.

My login info is correct. I connected with it yesterday without problems. Can't connect as unregistered either.

This also happened last Saturday around battle time. Is there some mysterious "ping filter" or something like that on the machine running the TS server? I'm lost.

[46Z]C|Sze.Kukstaur
12-10-2006, 07:48 AM
I tried shutting off the firewall - but that too did not help me get through Daddys similar problem........aren't Norwegians allowed in TS ? lol :eek:

Paasky
12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I've had the same problem a few times, but after 1 or 2 retries it gets in.So I can't really help at all, and I'm spamming again...

72H|CS Daddy
12-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Well I'm just glad you tried and answered. Tried connecting at least 10 times in a row. Tried again yesterday, and again today. Still no answer from that particular TS server.

Does anybody know who runs it? Someone who can let us in on whether or not there is such a thing as a "ping filter" or something to that effect? Or if I'm added to the ban list by accident? (Don't know what I've done to deserve it though :lol: )It's the only semi decent explanation to why I can get onto other TS servers but not the BFE one.

BigBlueCheese
12-11-2006, 09:08 PM
The only thing I can think of is that some pipeline went down somewhere and hasn't been up. This happened to me briefly on the pub server as some major hub in west Texas went down so that I couldn't connect to the Pub. BuzzAdams suffered a high ping as he is closer but still suffered. Can other people from your region connect?

zombie
12-11-2006, 09:48 PM
This is interesting because when my ISP was having problems and I was suffering from fluxing pings I would always have problems getting connected to TS... it was almost like i would have to get lucky and try to connect as i was getting a could ping... I would have to try 3 or 4 times to get in... Your pings are consistantly high which may be why you are having no success...

Im not saying this is your problem, but its an interesting coindicence...

As far as a ping filter or server setting... the last time I looked at a TS server.ini there is no such setting...

MaxHeadroom
12-12-2006, 02:34 AM
Have you tried posting on the TS forum or check their FAQs and support section. http://forum.goteamspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Try rebooting your modem or router or both. I sometimes loose connection and I just reboot my router and it reconnects.

I've noticed huge fluctuations in some players ping rates on TS recently.

72H|CS Daddy
12-12-2006, 02:23 PM
H|SSzt.MaxHeadroom;182510']Have you tried posting on the TS forum or check their FAQs and support section. http://forum.goteamspeak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Try rebooting your modem or router or both. I sometimes loose connection and I just reboot my router and it reconnects.

I've noticed huge fluctuations in some players ping rates on TS recently.

Still no luck after resetting the Router. The TS forums don't mention this.

Besides, TS works fine on other servers so the problem isn't on my end. I even tried an Australian one just to see if the ping is to blame. That worked fine. But I somehow get lower ping on the other side of the world than on the BFE server. Australia = around 170, BFE (Texas) = around 190.Strange stuff.

BigBlueCheese
12-12-2006, 06:59 PM
H|Kpr.Daddy;182697']Still no luck after resetting the Router. The TS forums don't mention this.

Besides, TS works fine on other servers so the problem isn't on my end. I even tried an Australian one just to see if the ping is to blame. That worked fine. But I somehow get lower ping on the other side of the world than on the BFE server. Australia = around 170, BFE (Texas) = around 190.Strange stuff.
That's why I'm thinking that the server hub that you used to connect with. However, the BFE teamspeak is not in texas as far as I know. The Public server is though. TS server is somewhere on the east coast.

zombie
12-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Get a local friend that uses the same internet provider...

See if you can connect from his computer, to rule out it either being a ISP, IP Address, Internet related or something with your system.

That will give us a direction to start in...

Run a tracerout as well... it might show us something that a ping cannot.