PDA

View Full Version : Cookies and McAfee

GjT Sky Captain
11-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know where the fark you can manage your cookies in McAfee? I've got the latest version (I believe) after a random update, and now I can't bloody find my way around.

Gj**** Cadyshack
11-24-2006, 07:49 PM
I've got a stupid McAfee prob too. We CANT uninstall it, lol. I just turn all the things off, and McAfee randomly send the "You have not checked for updates in the past 7 days" and that normally blows me out of games.

When it blows me out of CnC Gen, I just lose all sound for the game. Plus, it somehow finds the exact wrong time to do it during FH. Uninstalling just doesnt work.:(

Paasky
11-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Antivirus programs are notorious for not uninstalling. We've got Norton, and it requires 2 restarts & a lot of registry-haxxing to get it out :D

:google: clean uninstall mcafee ;)

Paasky
11-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Antivirus programs are notorious for not uninstalling. We've got Norton, and it requires 2 restarts & a lot of registry-haxxing to get it out :D

:google: clean uninstall mcafee ;)

BsP Firelord
11-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Thats why you should never use Norton :P
Norton will always leave **** on your system even after a proper uninstall.

KaK// LemonV2
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
I used an uninstaller program to get rid of norton, but i agree, those notices were freakin annoying.

The Fuzz
11-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah I used an uninstaller program for Norton as well.

My PC at home has/had McAfee but when it pulled a zombie and refused to die I just did the msconfig easy way out and disabled everything McAfee.

I think it's gone :???:

BigBlueCheese
11-28-2006, 01:27 AM
I've been using the demo of Clense Uninstaller and it works well on a trial basis. Just make sure that you don't use it too many times. Otherwise you can spring for the full version.