PDA

View Full Version : Can't start up FH...But I can start up BF1942.

PgD[45PzL]|Goose
11-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Alright, here's my prob. I double click the Forgotten Hope shortcut, the "Battlefield 1942" splash comes up and goes away normaly...after that, nothing. I try this multiple times, and it just does the SAME thing.

I decided to try and see if BF1942 worked. It started up normaly as could be. So I tried to go to "Custom Game" and switched to FH. But it just spits me back to the desktop, No error, no process in the back ground, not even a sound.

I got pissed off, I decided to try a new method. I went back into BF1942, went into the Multiplayer server browser, then, I tried to look at FH server...

THE SERVER BROWSER LOCKS UP! It won't even let me LOOK at FH servers.

I checked my folders, and I have all the information I'm sapose to have. I even re-installed FH over again! But it still won't let me play it.

Please, help me out, This makes me very very sad. :(

GjT Sky Captain
11-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Do you have a minimap hotfix, by any chance? That happened to me once, but with my own, which was packed wrong.

BigBlueCheese
11-19-2006, 09:33 PM
^?|Sky Captain;172794']Do you have a minimap hotfix, by any chance? That happened to me once, but with my own, which was packed wrong.

Be careful that you use approved minimap hotfixes as there is a fine line between what is acceptable and what isnt.

GjT Sky Captain
11-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Yes, yes, I know. I'm not about to apply for a campaign ban.

PgD[45PzL]|Goose
11-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Ah, ha, That did it. I Think I put a official hotfix from this forum in the wrong place, I found it, deleted it, and boom, works like a charm. Thanks! =D