PDA

View Full Version : Display problems

Ragamuffin
11-11-2006, 03:41 AM
EDIT: One system restore and a metric *ssload of updating later...Fix'd!

Thanks, Gman.

BigBlueCheese
11-11-2006, 08:22 AM
What kind of monitor do you use and what size is it? Also, what is your desktop resolution and what is your ingame resolution?

Ragamuffin
11-11-2006, 08:35 AM
BenQ 15" LCD monitor. All resolutions are 1024x768.

BigBlueCheese
11-11-2006, 05:17 PM
C|PPor.Ragamuffin;168986']EDIT: One system restore and a metric *ssload of updating later...Fix'd!

Thanks, Gman.

That's good

Ragamuffin
11-24-2006, 05:11 AM
Okay, maybe time to revisit this one. Tonight, I tried to install Galactic Conquest again, and ended up with the same problem. However, when I uninstalled it, the problem went away this time. I've tried with a few different mirrors for the installation files, but I get the same problem with all of them.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this?:(

BigBlueCheese
11-24-2006, 06:26 PM
C|PPor.Ragamuffin;174628']Okay, maybe time to revisit this one. Tonight, I tried to install Galactic Conquest again, and ended up with the same problem. However, when I uninstalled it, the problem went away this time. I've tried with a few different mirrors for the installation files, but I get the same problem with all of them.

Does anyone have an idea what might cause this?:(

You edited out the problem and I can't remember exactly what it was :lol:

Ragamuffin
11-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Oops.

Basically, the problems that happen are as follows:

- Bink video freezes up when the intro movies try to play (for both vanilla and the intro movie for GC)
- If I tell it to skip the movies and play anyway (or if I just play a mod with no intro vids), then the monitor settings go way off. The picture gets moved down and to the right by about 2-3 pixels, and everything is blurry. Text becomes unreadable and I can't make out any targets further than about a grid. I would post a screenshot, except that the screenshots turn out fine, and it's just what I see in-game that's messed up.

Ragamuffin
11-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Update: Bink video is broken altogether on my computer, apparently. I can't load up any mods with an intro video without disabling the intro.

Does anyone know if there's some update file I can d/l to fix Bink video on my computer?

72H|CS Daddy
12-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Never heard of it before. I just got an LCD myself, and it too reacts strange to the intro movies sometimes. But it has a self-monitoring "auto"-mode which fixes any display issues within a second or two. Doesn't yours have something like that?

And why on earth haven't you deleted your intro movies yet? :P They're precious seconds wasted IMO.