PDA

View Full Version : Fraps

[An]Bismarck
11-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Basically ive been trying to make some vid's of the past battles but when I look at the recorded footage on virtualdub it only shows 1/3 of the screen for some reason an no audio gets played (and ive unchecked no audio!)
Just wondered if anyone here who has used it before could help with some advice?

The tutorial Ive followed thus far is here, its for GTA but I couldnt find one for BF1942: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=135236

Orange
11-07-2006, 04:11 PM
You're probably running the demo version which is capped at a low resolution. Unless you get the retail version you need to lower your game resolution to whatever fraps is taking.

Also, I don't remember ever hearing sounds in VDub. Try playing the raw .avi in VLC or WMP to check if you got audio. The "no audio" option is only for the exported video, if you do want sound then you can either select direct stream copy or selet a compression type (you need to check full processing mode first), just like you did for the video.

[An]Bismarck
11-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Ah cheers for the advice, I also just had a look at the readme I previously ignored and turns out it can only run at a max of 640x480 which is a hell of lotta wasted screen for me lol

1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm
11-07-2006, 05:25 PM
The full version is only $30.00 USD and once you have it all you need to do is update it whenever a new version comes out for free.

66S|Pv Ritter
11-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I bought it a while back. It's nifty, but I need a better computer to record while playing. I can do it, but it lags me down enough that my odds of dying are a lot higher. When I get a dual core processor someday, I'm hoping that'll improve the situation.

TechX
11-08-2006, 09:39 AM
my sys is finally good enough to take fraps and not lag galore, it's nice. :)
Spend the money and buy it, it's worth it.

[An]Bismarck
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Yup, I bought the full version and turns out my comps good enough so now I can record my full screen size at a larger res and sound :D