PDA

View Full Version : Video problems

[Retired]JoaoRatao
11-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I had a Radeon 9600 installed on my computer, and I saw a very cheap Geforce 7600GS AGP and bought it.

After uninstalling the ATI drivers, and installing the new card with the Geforce drivers, everything seems to work fine.

Except now I can't see any movies! Whenever I try to watch a movie type file, the computer seems to almost freeze, and the cpu is working at 100%, making it very difficult to shutdown the program. I have all the media drivers installed, and the funny thing is the ingame movies work alright.

And when I go to the Nvidia control panel, to the movie settings, same thing happens. Last thing I want right now is to format my computer or reinstall Windows.

Any ideas?

[SEB]Kharabakh
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken there's a nifty little application that actually removes all of ATI's registration garbage usually left behind.
Search it and use it.
If you still have the same problem, uninstall any video codec packs you might've installed, reboot and install a single one.
After that, I'm clueless.

Khar

mgpenguin
11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
I had this same problem when I reinstalled Windows and updated to the latest nvidia drivers. The problem was corrected when I uninstalled those drivers and installed older drivers, in my case from March of this year.

FJG/ Arel
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
I made the move from ATI to nVidia and I couldn't be more regretful. Can't wait to go back to that canadian-made chipset. To begin with, the "new" control panel is a piece of crap. But I digress...

First remove all your video drivers and use the windows drivers. Then download and install this (http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.php) to clean all old drivers leftovers. Finally, install the newest, state-of-the-crap nVidia drivers and you should be fine (except for some weird gamma decrease when watching movies, but I digress again...)

Refaim
11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
to fix the gamma decreas, open the nvidia control panel thingy and look for a video play back section thing.. In there you will find the gamma control set down way below what it should be for some weird reason??.

FJG/ Arel
11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
^^|Refaim.;165894']to fix the gamma decreas, open the nvidia control panel thingy and look for a video play back section thing.. In there you will find the gamma control set down way below what it should be for some weird reason??.

Believe me, I did that. And for some strange reason everytime I open a video it goes back to extreme dark video settings.

1AB|Maj.Steevo
11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
It might not be a solution but in case you use winamp you can set the video option so it ignores the hardware settings. It should play your video whitout the contart problem.