PDA

View Full Version : IE problems.

[WaW] m1
10-12-2006, 08:56 PM
When Im using IE 6.0 or whatever it is now adays, anything with a 'invisable' backround actually has a light blue backround. Such as the axis avatars, bullas mafia sigs, etc. When I use firefox there is no problem.

Any ideas on why ie does this?

[Deserted] AgentX
10-12-2006, 08:58 PM
PEN15 samiches? I don't know, maybe reinstall it? I had that problem once, I think (if I remember right) reinstalling fixes it.

Sionnach
10-12-2006, 08:59 PM
The files that are doing that are PNG format and IE doesn't support them correctly. There's a fix that needs to be put into the forum's code for it to work, but I guess it's not there yet.

There's nothing you can do about it on your end I'm afraid.

zombie
10-12-2006, 08:59 PM
IE does not support 24bit transparent png files... which is what causes the goofy background...

There is a script that we were running on the old forums that fixed this for IE.

Answer? Screw Internet Exploder, use Firefox.

They could have incuded such simple .png support long long ago and have chose not to.

zombie
10-12-2006, 09:02 PM
well at least this puts an end to the rumor that me and sionnach are the same person cuz we're never in the room at the same time. ;)

Sionnach
10-12-2006, 09:04 PM
E|SSzt.zombie;160097']well at least this puts an end to the rumor that me and sionnach are the same person cuz we're never in the room at the same time. ;)

:D :D :D

P.S. Where the hell have the list of smilies gone on my right when I'm posting this?

You should have it now - Khar

TechX
10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
E|SSzt.zombie;160095']
Screw Internet Exploder, use Firefox.

The wise man sayeth!

ADRIFTER
10-12-2006, 11:06 PM
^ thy lazy man does not concur :p

The|BP
10-12-2006, 11:16 PM
And I say use Opera! The truly wise mans browser ;)

[WaW] m1
10-12-2006, 11:43 PM
oh I love IE, im profficient in all three but I just use IE. Yah I thought they were pngs and my main question is why is it doing it here was answered. Thanks guys

lol edit: Apeearntly its fixed, cause no longer are the pngs gettin the faux backround.

BigBlueCheese
10-13-2006, 05:17 AM
lol when Microsoft doesn't support a product propperly, programmers don't either :p

Sionnach
10-13-2006, 07:59 AM
D^|PPor.BBCheese;160191']lol when Microsoft doesn't support a product propperly, programmers don't either :p

Well that's not true at all! Although it is such a pain that everything I produce has to be checked in Firefox, IE (6.0 and 5.0) and Opera just to make sure everything looks like it should (which it usually doesn't). Firefox follows the correct specifications, IE certainly doesn't.

[WaW] m1
10-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Well that's not true at all! Although it is such a pain that everything I produce has to be checked in Firefox, IE (6.0 and 5.0) and Opera just to make sure everything looks like it should (which it usually doesn't). Firefox follows the correct specifications, IE certainly doesn't.

I'm a programmer and I love IE.

Sionnach
10-13-2006, 12:23 PM
~|m1;160222']I'm a programmer and I love IE.

Then you are indeed a rare species :)

Although, web developer or not?

[WaW] m1
10-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Then you are indeed a rare species :)

Although, web developer or not?

Not a web developer, software engineer. But I still design websites (flash, dreamweaver) asthetically.

Sionnach
10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
~|m1;160244']Not a web developer, software engineer. But I still design websites (flash, dreamweaver) asthetically.

Hardcore HTML and CSS is what I use, none of this fancy graphic stuff (am crap at it :) )

What languages you use mainly? Currently I use Java and JavaScript (ok, not really a programming language) but in the past have used C an awful lot.

(I'm waiting for someone to start ranting about this being spam and us being geeks....I'll ban you if you do.....I swear I will......)

[SEB]Kharabakh
10-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, you are spamming... but this time, I'll join in (somewhat, it is related with IE afterall).
I hate the fact that in the project I'm finishing I had to always check which browser was being used, because some functions work for IE and others don't, and the same for Firefox and Opera...
Obviously, I only did that for the core functions :D :P (yes, I'm lazy)

Khar

[WaW] m1
10-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Hardcore HTML and CSS is what I use, none of this fancy graphic stuff (am crap at it :) )

What languages you use mainly? Currently I use Java and JavaScript (ok, not really a programming language) but in the past have used C an awful lot.

(I'm waiting for someone to start ranting about this being spam and us being geeks....I'll ban you if you do.....I swear I will......)

oh jeez, I think you gotta ban khar

c++, python, vb, java ( what i use)