PDA

View Full Version : Computer won't connect!

AWOL ArabGurl
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
Ok, I just tried everything I can do. My husband's computer isn't connecting to the network after we wiped it's HDD and reinstalled windows. He's running WinME, and it has an ethernet card he installed after he bought it that he claims should be plug and play. The problem is it's recognising the card but claims there's a problem with the driver or something. Does anyone have any ideas how to make it work with this ethernet card?

[SEB]Kharabakh
10-09-2006, 10:24 PM
Well, let's face it, Windows ME is even worse than regular Windows OSs...
But try and get the reference from the card, so that you can try and get, in the worst case scenario, a compatible driver for it.

Khar

AWOL ArabGurl
10-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Nevermind, husband seems to have forgotten it did come with drivers. We found them, solved two days of problems, and it works now.

Floppy disks ftl.

[WaW] m1
10-10-2006, 12:53 AM
~~~|ArabGurl;159501']Nevermind, husband seems to have forgotten it did come with drivers. We found them, solved two days of problems, and it works now.

Floppy disks ftl.

LOL

oh jeez the arcaic nesssesties of floppys.

Yah always check for drivers first thing to do. If you can't find them, they should be readily available for download online.

Paasky
10-19-2006, 05:47 AM
Yah always check for drivers first thing to do. If you can't find them, they should be readily available for download online.
"Can't connect to the internet. Please check for new drivers from our website" :lol:

I bought a network card for my good ol' 200MHz Pentium II, but the drivers are only for winXP :(