PDA

View Full Version : Editing posts.

caeno
10-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm really getting tired of the editing thing on the forums...

When ever I edit a post and press save the forums add random empty lines everywhere throughout the post without any logic. I'm really getting tired of editing the same post 15 times to get all the empty lines away... When ever I get one empty line away and save, it creates a couple of new ones in return.

WHY OH WHY DOES IT DO THAT!? I'm really desperate and might do something unthinkable... like going to eat icecream in the nude.

ps. The post I'm trying to edit is the axis AF barracks if that helps...

[SEB]Kharabakh
10-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Let me guess.... it has HTML tags, that you are trying to organize in a nice structured manner, right?
If it is... WRONG!
Unlike HTML, BBCode catches all the spaces between ending tags and the next opening tag, and piles them up at the start of the post... hence, the weird spaces you might be getting.

Khar

caeno
10-03-2006, 09:29 PM
I guess that's it... reichwolff seems to use a lot of html code :)

Sionnach
10-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Kharabakh;158221']Let me guess.... it has HTML tags, that you are trying to organize in a nice structured manner, right?
If it is... WRONG!
Unlike HTML, BBCode catches all the spaces between ending tags and the next opening tag, and piles them up at the start of the post... hence, the weird spaces you might be getting.

Khar

OMG that would explain a lot to me......who the heck designed BBCode? They deserve a very hard slap and for their skin to be peeled off and salt poured on them. Worst design decision ever! :D :D