PDA

View Full Version : connection problems

Wi[45PzL]lJarhead
10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
i have ben haveing server problems alot lately ever time i go on a server i get kicked for loseing key packet and i don't no y its happening could someone help plz also i have a wireless connection and that maybe a problem

Gj**** Cadyshack
10-01-2006, 10:39 PM
When's the last time you defragged your comp? That can help. Also, how's your internet connection? Lastly, There may be some file corrupt somewhere.

AWOL ArabGurl
10-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Well I'm on wireless and it hasn't been a problem for me. But that might be because the wireless modem is about 10 feet away.

Check to see what kind of signal strength you're getting, and how far away your router actually is, as well as how open the route is (does it go through doors or walls?).
If those are all good, then check your internet, see if that's causing problems. And if all that fails, check your computer. You may be running programs that suck up too much bandwidth, or even spyware that does it.

Wi[45PzL]lJarhead
10-11-2006, 08:33 PM
i may just download forgotten hope on my other PC but thanks for your help guys i will cheak it out:)

zombie
10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
If your wireless connection is good then its probably not the cause.

The first thing you do for suspected packet loss is start with the immediate simple things... as most people overlook. 1) packet loss has nothing to do with defragging your hard drive.

First thing. most people's cable/dsl is split with their TV or phone service... which means somewhere along the way you have a splitter, maybe even 2, this seems too simple to be your problem, but trust me, its usually the cause... these splitters(cable) / filters(dsl) go out all the time... locate these and try to take them out of the picture... aka bypass them and try to get a straight on connect between your computer/router and your modem and then out to the main line... see if your connect gets better... 9 times out of 10 this is the fix...

after that run a constant ping to the pubbie server thru yoru dos prompt... "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -t" the "x" are where you put the pubbie server ip address...

this will do an infinite ping until you CTRL-C and stop it... watch for timeouts "*"

first try this and lets see if it doesnt fix it... installing it onanother computer isnt going to matter... that computer is still running on the same internet connect right?

eliminate your splitters if youre on cable or change your filters if youre on dsl... which reminds me...if you are on DSL you DO NOT want to eliminate the filter, that will only enhance the problem... you want to switch to a new filter to see if the current one is bad... with cable you want to eliminate splits off to TVs and such... because you wweaken your signal for every split... and if the splitter has gone bad its the problem...