PDA

View Full Version : Microphone issues

Gj**** Cadyshack
09-12-2006, 01:22 AM
I just cant get it to work, when I say soemthing into it, it broadcasts to my headphones (it's a 2 in 1 headset) and it doesnt broadcast over TS to anybody else, they either hear nothing or ingame sound.

Also, my mic is nonmuted and mic is checked under recording and not playback.

Can I get some help here?

Edit: Nothing? Nobody's got anything on this?

Gj**** Cadyshack
09-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Sry if double posting isnt allowed, but if nobody has a suggestion or can help, can you just point me in the right direction? Any help webpages out there or some pieces of the puzzle are very much apprieciated here:sadpanda: .

Refaim
09-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Mute the mic under playback, otherwise you'll hear yourself all the time.

Make sure Record has Mic checked.

Open TS and go to options, sound in/out and do a local test. You should be able to push your talk button and hear your voice delayed back to you.

If you hear nothing, turn up your mic volume.

Gj**** Cadyshack
09-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Ok, heres what I got checked under Recording: Microphone, and Line-In, NOT SBDIF-In, or Wave/MIDI/CD.

Under playback:
Play control
Wave
MIDI
Line-In
CD Audio
NOT
Microphone

It works at TS. But ppl could only hear game sounds and not my voice before.

Refaim
09-13-2006, 08:07 PM
|Cadyshack;153865']
It works at TS. But ppl could only hear game sounds and not my voice before.

So its working now??

Gj**** Cadyshack
09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
I dont know yet, I'l test it out ASAP, gotta get homework done, then if theres enough tim il jump on TS, find someone other than elric, and find out.

Sionnach
09-14-2006, 10:44 AM
|Cadyshack;153949']...then if theres enough tim il jump on TS, find someone other than elric, and find out.

:D :D

Gj**** Cadyshack
09-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Woohoo! I got it to work! Lock and/or delete plz.

H62|Sg RaidJTC
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Not trying to bring back an old topic but I have the same problem and can't figure it out. People can hear the ingame sounds. How did you fix it?

BigBlueCheese
10-06-2006, 04:38 AM
Make sure that your mic is the default recording device. Also make sure that under the playback controls for your sound, microphone is muted. Also make sure that under recording controls everything BUT microphone is muted.

zombie
10-06-2006, 04:40 AM
If people are hearing the ingame sounds that simply means that you have either Wave or with a CreativeLabs card it can also be "What You HEar" selected as your record device... make sure you are looking at your Record device and not the Playback and make sure that the device selected under Recording is the Mic.

H62|Sg RaidJTC
10-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks Guys, That fixed it.