PDA

View Full Version : Wed. Scrim Success?

bUm
02-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Well, I played in it for a good three and a half, nearly four hours and had a great time.

I think I had a pretty good idea of what is going on. There was some good battling on FoB. Alma Halfa kinda sucked besides when we stole the Spitfires. The Axis planes on that map really suck.

Anyway, for those others who came, how was your time?

GGs to the Allies, since we weren't surposed to say anything in main chat :P.

58F_Lc Ordos!
02-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Dunes were not really gentle on my Staghound, though i loved raiding lone armoured vehicles with it (specially the puma)

FoB was...... FoB. But i think you allies now feel why we were complaining bout it :) It looked a lot different and more intens from the allied side IMHO

-Ordos-

MasterOhh
02-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Yeah the StuG and die Panzer IVD were no match for my T34. It was funny to see how those panzerfaust 30 shots diappeared 5 meters away from my tank, when they tried to kill my from a 10 meter distance ;)
Unfortunatly I wasn't allowed to spawncamp :cry:

68R|Rc Petru
02-19-2004, 11:21 AM
^^^|MasterOhh]
Unfortunatly I wasn't allowed to spawncamp :cry:

:roll: You guys need to get out more.

The IVD vs T34 wasn't an issue to us, as we were never trying to use them against each other head on. Plus Allies are used to not having invincible easy-win tanks, so as stated we really weren't bothered by the IVD.

The Stug performed as well as stated when used properly. Rush it in in close range and it will die to a T34, as expected. Hold it off and range and it was victorious, as expected.

The planes on Alam Halfa came down to pilots, with the early Alam rounds seeing the RAF gaining air superiority in the Ma222s quite decently.

Disclaimer - not intended to sound smug!

[AEF]B|Pfc.Bullet
02-19-2004, 12:47 PM
:wink:

KaX Archangel
02-19-2004, 01:18 PM
definitivly a sucess. And be it only to show that the other armies weapons aren't as superior as one thought it was. Axis had a bit of a B-25 scare, I guess, flying it helped a lot.
But I hope you guys see why we were annoyed on some of the maps.

finally, I have to comment the allied army, you guys have lots of skill.shooting down a spit with the Ma 202 is really something t be proud of...even if the pilot was me...

Oh, and fiddler, that was lag, combined with lack of ammo. But could the allied stop laughing at us over all chat? Or should we do that too? like "LOL, Fiddler can't place an arty for poo!"

68R|Rc Petru
02-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Nice shooting in the T34 last night Arch, although I now will make it mission to find that "head on sweet spot" you were able to kill the Stug with every time in 1 shot, and remember it for the future :D

Stug drivers now beware :twisted:

Sauron
02-19-2004, 01:36 PM
We sucked with the Panzerfaust IMO, we hardly ever used it. On FoB we didn't play so well, we didn't had good organisation and strats for all places like usual. We didn't have the MG42 and MG34 in position all the time. Although we still won it (20vs20) it could be done better by us.

Alam Halfa was piece of cake (20vs20) we had no problems against the Allied armor or planes, the planes where better, but the B25 wasn't a pain in the *** at all. Alam Halfa was to easy for the Axis. Fall of Berlin was better, still Axis biased, but it's Berlin.

I didn't like the scrimmage to much, Allied blood belongs in an Allied uniform :).

BTW I am talking about the rounds in the begin where we had about 20vs20.

Hiroyoshi
02-19-2004, 01:46 PM
The Current Ma202 funny enough can out turn a Spit for a brief moment. Its main problem is how it loses airspeed so fast, and if it did not than this plane even with FUNKY take off would be good. I found if you stayed high and use the speed you built up pouncing on Spits I could hold my own. The Ma202 vs B25 was a piece of cake, just hold down fire button and wait for it too go down in flames.

02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
As a tanker it was a pure pleasure to get my hands to the German armory. The stuarts dont have much chanse when facing that piece of steel. If they manage to strike from the rear, that's a different thing.. But head on, one panzer 4H can easily beat 3 stuarts at the same time. Dawn <3 Panzer 4H! :wink:

[Civvy]Titmouse
02-19-2004, 02:52 PM
alam halfa - i will give you - when we were axis, we should have been better - ok - the allies played better. no imbalance

FoB - the soviets creamed you. on equal player rounds - the axis didnt stand a chance, especially when we stole your stug. no.4 - nades made a huge difference too. as did the 'zooka vs axis armour. faust is good if u can judge the arc, but u also have to hit somewhere other than the front armour. 'zooka doesnt have either of these limitations. maybe iff the faust 100 was included...anyway, my impression was, and still is, FoB = allied biased.

74M|Pv.Kommisar
02-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Alam still needs some work IMHO. And will see some revisions.

FoB is already under the knife getting some needed work. :wink:

[Civvy]Titmouse
02-19-2004, 03:00 PM
yeah - maybe cure the hangar problem with the "spahhetti plannes" as somenone called them, or give the axis 109's.

armour and kit wise im happy (altho, even tho i am the worlds biggest lover of MG42, the maps where each cp had 2 spawnable kits ALWAYS played better than maps where it was an infantry class of its own)

MasterOhh
02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
FoB shouldn't be used for Berlin after all. Remove the Brandenburg gate and assign this map to another, more unimportant, area on the BFE worldmap. Berlin needs something more epic. I'm sure you know the map "Battle of Orel", this is how Berlin should look like e.g. . But maybe the FH 0.6 Berlin map rocks so big time, that we can use it in BFE.

74M|Pv.Kommisar
02-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Oh, I have another idea for the greater epic feel actually. My master plan is set in motion!

Muhahahahahah! Muahahahahaha!

:devilish:

Muahahahaha! Muahahahaha!

58F_Lc Ordos!
02-19-2004, 03:14 PM
ohoh..... he lost it again :?

please no battleaxe rehash

-Ordos-

mokum
02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
For me it was really strange to see how fast an army gets disorganized after 'the last battle'

Atleast on the axis side we [at times] lacked team play and structure completly, up to a point where we had to toss all players into 1 channel just to get things going again.

M|Cpt.SaUrOn]I didn't like the scrimmage to much, Allied blood belongs in an Allied uniform :)

Yes indeed. It took me atleast three round before I could shoot 'the reds' from the hip, in the beginning my reaction was far too slow [hippy shot me at least 10 times in a row] because my index finger kept refusing to trigger on an AXIS uniform :oops:

Eitherway, I hope that the peole who understand balancing and map making learned something from it.

Cheers,
mokum

KaX Archangel
02-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Oh yes. The one-million-dollar rifle nade shot on FoB, 4 kills on a distance of about 250 meters. Behind cover.

Anyway, I think the Battle for the Seelower Höhen would be cool. Axis get a Panther or a tiger plus lots of Flak 88. And trenches.

68R|Rc Petru
02-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Actually, mentioning the confusion of switching sides.

I grabbed an MG34 kit at the Southern flag on FoB, it was being held gray by someone. I ran up into the attic, saw a friendly MG34 laying there.

I went & laid down next to him, prone facing the stairs, in the gray zone.

I have this funny feeling....

I look at the guy, think...nah, can't be, turn back to the stairs.

The flag is still gray after about 3 minutes.

I look above the guy for a name tag, nothing. I'm thinking, no, no it can't be. I zoom in the mini map, only my arrow.

On a gamble I shoot the guy laying next to me. It was Titmouse. Capped the flag shortly after.

Doh!

[Civvy]Titmouse
02-19-2004, 03:41 PM
T*%|2Lt.Petru]Actually, mentioning the confusion of switching sides.

I grabbed an MG34 kit at the Southern flag on FoB, it was being held gray by someone. I ran up into the attic, saw a friendly MG34 laying there.

I went & laid down next to him, prone facing the stairs, in the gray zone.

I have this funny feeling....

I look at the guy, think...nah, can't be, turn back to the stairs.

The flag is still gray after about 3 minutes.

I look above the guy for a name tag, nothing. I'm thinking, no, no it can't be. I zoom in the mini map, only my arrow.

On a gamble I shoot the guy laying next to me. It was Titmouse. Capped the flag shortly after.

Doh! :rofl: lmao! altho i must be said i think i said "Sorry" more times in that battle for TK's than i have done the whole of the campaign!

[TA]Myrsky
02-19-2004, 03:41 PM
After yesterday I love my K98 even more than before. No4 is much more unaccurate and can't kill so well in greater distances.

At Alam Halfa I found how great the Staghound is. Only two hits and P4H is down. Stug have no chance against and it can circle around of heavier P4H and just pound it. Puma and Staghound are IMO well balanced against each other.

At Berlin there must be something wrong when Allies can allways reach two flags, and steal the P4, before Axis team. But I assume this detail is already under editing.

When the scrim started we lost the first fife rounds in row because we were badly undermanned (sometimes more than fife people, but no balancing was made :wha: ). Later on teams were even or axis team was undermanned and so we won fife or more rounds in row. Because of only moderate, and sometimes unbalanced attendance, these scrims maybe can't show what is the ultimate truth in balancing issues.

Goog games last night, I really enjoyed once again.

Isrx
02-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Titmouse]alam halfa - i will give you - when we were axis, we should have been better - ok - the allies played better. no imbalance

FoB - the soviets creamed you. on equal player rounds - the axis didnt stand a chance, especially when we stole your stug. no.4 - nades made a huge difference too. as did the 'zooka vs axis armour. faust is good if u can judge the arc, but u also have to hit somewhere other than the front armour. 'zooka doesnt have either of these limitations. maybe iff the faust 100 was included...anyway, my impression was, and still is, FoB = allied biased.

FoB could use some edits. According to you, it's not the map, but the equipment.

Still, FoB on Wed. was kind of back and forth, sometimes allied wins, sometimes axis wins.

And I hope you all remember last campaign, and call this map allied biased :(

Blackdragon
02-19-2004, 04:30 PM
on the part of alam halfa we didnt have any LW in there the majority of the time but once taskeen myself and inequality were in there we all were in top five consistantly. Only thing i didint like is the lag that the spit fire causes when the bullets hit the ground

[gefallen]3l33t
02-19-2004, 04:41 PM
I liked playing yesterday, although we vere only five ppl at the start :(

On FoB it felt easier to hold the flags once you took them. Maybe bacuse as allied you only have to look down the streets and you know where people might hide. As axis you have to cover the whole park. It seemed easier to kill tanks too since we had the T-34 and zookas. I think Archangel(?) had 117 kills one round in the T-34 :D

I didn't play Alam Haifa in the campaign so I don't know how it differed now.

All the above could of cause be a result of the poor attendance.

GjS// Maverick
02-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Alam Halfa was just great...as Hiro said, when you are high and use your airspeed the Ma202 isn´t that bad. Shot down Taskeen twice in a spit while I was on :D . Though the hangar thing is a pain in the a**.

I hope that this scrim helped to let let the Axis see, that it´s not a b25 that wins a map :wink:

Mav

KaX Archangel
02-19-2004, 05:05 PM
/|3l33t]
I think Archangel(?) had 117 kills one round in the T-34 :D

yep, that was me. They just keept charging...

But I have to congratulate the guy who managed to kill my T 34 in one shot with the Panzer IV D :sob: :sob: :sob:. I think it was Petru.

74M|Pv.Kommisar
02-19-2004, 05:06 PM
I hope that everyone gained a better understanding from walking in the other guys shoes for a few rounds. But, I'm sure some did and some didn't. :wink:

[Free Agent]clench
02-19-2004, 06:03 PM
I really think it WAS the B25 combined with capable pilots that won alam for allies. When LW was on we won Alam by 200+ tickets. Once the Spits get the Ma202s down the B25 can just run rampant on tanks with 10 bombs.. they almost never have to reload. Again I really feel Spit I's are unbalanced and not historically accurate just like the B25. SpitVs are a lot closer.. tho I don't know really how they perform air to air because we rarely saw them in on the maps.

Hiroyoshi
02-19-2004, 06:04 PM
Yah Black it was fun taking you down in a Spit with Ma202, which by the way if its guns did more damage than I would have shot down more of you. Like I said taking down the B25 was easy as pie, and if we had 109s on that map hmmm alot different. Only problem with 109s is they along with Ju88 could take our armour. Bottom line it would be so frwaking nice too just have FH .6

[onLeave]Tank Johann
02-19-2004, 06:14 PM
I think the scrims were a sucess in that it gave both sides a perspective into what the other team had to deal with and use.

Aside from the maps and their equipment distribution, this only helps everyone better understand the differences in the armor and kits for each side, and how tricky balancing a map can be.

Scrims with "side switching" should be continued during the Campaign #7 prep time - especially when we are testing maps. This will continue to give players from both side more information on the other teams armor and kits, and their perspective on the playing on the map. It will only help in balancing.

BTW, I was flying that bomber on Hafla, and yes, I still suck at flying compared to BFE Pilots.. We didn't have any pilots on at the time, so I would fly that thing, try to perform a bombing run, and overshoot a flag area only to bomb the empty desert. :P

evilyves
02-19-2004, 06:56 PM
u know why the RAF pilots did good from time to time on Alam Halfa? Because alot of the time, it was people like me, flying with a mouse for the first time, flying. I'm pretty good with a joystick but I remember elric just falling out of the sky, and me pitching up instead of down. A rookie pilot could have shot us down.

bUm
02-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Heh, ya evil I think you're one of the ones I got in a Spitfire with the MA PoS.

Hiro, why must you make me look bad :P. Anyway, the planes are too horrible, but they turn much too slow and whatnot for dogfighting in my opinion.

They're very good for shooting things on the ground, can easily beat AA gunners a lot and jeeps.

Anyway, when me and fiddler were flying we just kept stealing the Spitfires so it wasn't a problem :D.