PDA

View Full Version : Best things about nancy

[Civvy]Titmouse
02-05-2004, 01:22 AM
you know what to do guys...

mine must have been the total cohesion of our squad - like one, single well oiled machine! :salute:

[BFE-WAW]lmnoq
02-05-2004, 01:49 AM
me, hippie, and geekgrrrl taking the axis mainbase :D

[28ID]B|SSgt.Kurtz
02-05-2004, 03:37 AM
Me, Sep, Ghost and Glen taking that jeep at the very beginning of the round and rushing to the lower-right flag! Brilliant driving on the part of Glen, excellent assault on the flag house and amazing defense on that flag for the remainder of the round. I truely believe that my battle time, that is, from 7pm to 10:30pm EST was the single best BF1942 experience I ever had. Sure, we were losing but man did we ever try and on that last round where the score was like 0-77, [22RN] proved to me that we're a great bunch of guys and can get things done!

Once again, Sep, Ghost and Glen, great job guys, that was the best manuever ever!

Cyan Winters
02-05-2004, 03:48 AM
For me, it was the whole battle.

Many of you said last weeks Iwo was your best BFE experiance, well this battle was my BEST EVER playing Battlefield 1942.

I'd like to thank the allies for giving me something to kill, and the Axis for making it even more fun :D

02-05-2004, 04:07 AM
Holding the flag grey in axis main base for what seemed like an eternity. I was sitting on top of the flag in a Jackson, hoping for some help, wishing I had a coaxial MG, and surrounded by a gazillion Axis ground troops who probably wished they had some expacks or at least a panzershrek or two. I wondered where everyone went and was surprised I lasted so long. http://forums.battleforeurope.com/bf1942/images/smiles/icon_surprised.gif

02-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Taking out the tiger all those times in the Jackson

Now that's a fun tank to blow up :P

Lesack
02-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Cyan Winters]For me, it was the whole battle.

Many of you said last weeks Iwo was your best BFE experiance, well this battle was my BEST EVER playing Battlefield 1942.

I'd like to thank the allies for giving me something to kill, and the Axis for making it even more fun :D

Cyan, nice to have you back.

[Free Agent]clench
02-05-2004, 05:16 AM
One time Glen was in a jeep alone and he was trying to get behind me, I shot his jeep on fire and he hopped out hoping to kill me, but the fiery jeep followed him and blew up .1 seconds before he was about to fire.

[PilotForHire]Taskeen
02-05-2004, 05:52 AM
Blowing up allies as they tried to get tanks across the bridge!

Azik Blaze
02-05-2004, 05:53 AM
I love teh 105 :thumbsup:

'nuff said

'tis a challenging shot, but when mastered, look-out

Radooh
02-05-2004, 06:10 AM
Staying back near the axis flag and picking off the infantry without them even knowing what hit them.

Mr. Blonde
02-05-2004, 06:29 AM
For me, the best thing about this battle was the incredible challenge the Axis defense presented us with at the Nancy flag. I believe Snorelax said it best: "it's like running into a brick wall". Well, a few times we jumped over that wall instead of running into it, and it was because of teamwork and good tactics. Being involved in a couple of those successful captures was a huge rush, and I'm proud of the whole collective Allied team for making it possible.

Congrats to the Axis forces. Drink deep now from the Chalice of Victory, 'cause next week I'ma come steal it while you're on the toilet.

<S>

Sauron
02-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Sneaking in point 3 (Neberwerfer place), killed 4 Axis with my Garand, then Knifed Ordos :twisted:

http://bonedaddy.net/SaUrOn/forum/ordosknife1.jpg

Winther
02-05-2004, 06:58 AM
First capping point 2 on my own, then rushing down to point five. Suicides, gets an AT kit, jumps on the top of a tiger and kills it. That rocked!

[gOne]ZappIencE
02-05-2004, 08:09 AM
three things:

1) blowing up a jeep with 3 Allies with my Panzerschreck at south flag. A second later I would have been run over
2) Running into an suprised (dozing) Allied soldier at a corner of the church lying on the ground and killing him with 30 sprayed shots of my MG34
3) Running nearly together with AgentDave in his Sherman and another soldier around the east hill at south flag, killing his infantry support and waiting 20 seconds behind his tank for AT support while hitting permanently F3-F1.
AgentDave: You really seemed to have not seen me even when I fired at your tank with my MG.

WkT[KgG]/|Nijo
02-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Parking the PanzerIV-H between E3 and south flag and shooting bazillions of enemy armor without them ever spotting me.

Oh that and not getting killed for 2 consecutive rounds ;)

Endstille auf Feindfahrt
02-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Regaining mainbase with my company. An allied M10 came in after we capped the flag back, and because everyone was spawned as an support, we just stood right beside that M10 in the flag radius with 4 or 5 guys waiting for an engineer or anti tank to kill it. :D

KaX Archangel
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
being asaigned to help Jk, i was laying on the top floor of the flagbuilding, surrounded by expacks. So I see two allied running in, I start firing, they kill me and I calmly say over TS "Blow the Expacks!" Boom! Allied dead. Defense japanese style.

[32SD]Col.Duncey
02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Taking out a Panzer with a rifle grenade :thumbsup:

Jg26[Gj37]Santoro
02-05-2004, 01:47 PM
assaulting flag2 (the church flag ) with the Raf guys that was cool ... one jeep full of crazy pilots and his mad´s guns .....
and sniping people if my carbine at flag 1 .

:salute:

02-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Being there for two rounds, winning them both (7 and 8 i guess).
In middle of the first round, I changed to a sherman. Maybe the best was to first blow up a panzer 4H, then hide and shoot a puma, tiger (3 shots to the tracks) and a kubelwagen full of people when defending the south-east point. Then i got shrecked =/

The second round i was in lead. We did a 3 guys jeep run for the point 5 (south-east). We blew up at least one panzer and i was the only one that managed to get inside the flag building. Killed 4 of you with my carbine in close quarters and captured the point.

Free willy
02-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Had many great things yesterday

Axis:
- Being in the bell tower of the church, reporting all incoming units and opening MG fire on jeeps, mostly ripping a couple of guys apart because of my elevated position.

- An allied tank (M10 i think) was in the axis main base trying to cap the flag and he shot me, but there were still 5 more axis over there and i suppose they were crawling next to the allied tank to keep the flag grey. So i respawn at the bridge flag as anti-tank because i can see the jeep is there. I get in the jeep and drive all the way to the axis main base, see the flag is still grey and quite a bit of red arrows in the cap area; i arive ... fire and b00m, flag belongs back to axis :).

- The bridge flag was taken by allies, sneaking in with my MG and greying and almost capping the flag and on one of the following attacks, shooting a guy repairing his Sherman105, taking it, blowing a lot of allies up to then get shot by our own tiger :cry:

Allies:
- I spawn as anti-tank at the allied main base, i see a tank column gettin ready so i hop on a sherman and drive with it towards the C3 flag, a bit before it i'm ordered to hop off and protect the tanks from guys with panzershrecks .. i do as ordered and i hop off and i draw my colt :D , so i see a evil axis with panzershreck and i pump some lead in him till he lies dead on the floor. So i move on and i see the puma race around, i take a bit of aim, rocket goes and so does the puma, then the panzerIV is there around the barn so i take aim again and the panzerIV goes as well, then i proceed to the cap area but as i'm capping i get shot.
So i respawn at north; i walk all the way back to the flag, arriving there, the panzerIV spawns in again, so i take a shot at it and it's a hit, but the angle i had wasn't good enough so it's only smoking, i move forward towards cap area and see a guy shooting from the top of the barn, i take my 2nd shot with the bazooka and blow up the PanzerIV again and there's an axis in the cap area that dies (dunno if i shot him or if he was shot by SB else) but i take his assault kit, go prone and shoot the guy in the top of the barn while i'm capping the flag and i cap the flag :)

- Trying to cap bridge flag, i had like -2 0 13 score, but then i finally managed to get into cap area with an APC and it was like 1 ms before i would've greyed the flag that my APC was shot ... still great satisfaction after all my attempts to get in unseen.

Avrojet
02-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Watching a Puma, that I was engaging with my Sherman 105mm, drive past my firing and land in the river. (He was blown to pieces by my gun shortly after)

Haha, watch where you're driving :D

68R|Rc Petru
02-05-2004, 04:23 PM
CinC.Avrojet]Watching a Puma, that I was engaging with my Sherman 105mm, drive past my firing and land in the river. (He was blown to pieces by my gun shortly after)

Haha, watch where you're driving :D

Sounds like the one who was driving while firing at my Jackson. Driving south, south, south....out of bounds...

[insert tank drivers name] is no more.

Empty gray tank on the minimap out of bounds.

Watch where you're driving x 2 :D

Wonderbread
02-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Getting into a deep conversation about politics w/ endstille at main base in order to stay awake. We were waiting for you allies but you never had the guts to show up...or something.

Nice game everyone.

[Free Agent]clench
02-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I was driving the puma 10 hours straight... I was really burnt out near the end and doing some really stupid crap..

LW[KgG]\|Elessar
02-05-2004, 07:32 PM
guarding with Taskeen the bridge outside of the allied base with panzershreck and expacks...there were times that 3 tanks were just waiting for infantry to clear the bridge.... :cheers:

[J35]coors
02-05-2004, 09:17 PM
^^^|LSAR]guarding with Taskeen the bridge outside of the allied base with panzershreck and expacks...there were times that 3 tanks were just waiting for infantry to clear the bridge.... :cheers:
Yes. You two were like the bridge trolls...I paid your toll, but I also got you both a few times too. :silly:

elric
02-05-2004, 10:10 PM
For the last round PG switched with KA to defend the main base.

SNIPEHUNTER was in the watchtower nearest the entrance and had the entrance ex-paked, I was in the APC parked ouside the entrance, and Fehér and Coffin Meat were in the other 2 watchtowers.

SNIPE's expaks exploded so he came over to the APC to rearm.

At that EXACT moment the ex-paks exploded, a Stag comes STORMING into the main base... kills SNIPEHUNTER and positions itself to grey the flag.

I started thinking "OMG the one round where we guard the main base it gets captured !!". So I scrambled from the apc dodging the Stag's fire to pick up the engineer kit off SNIPES dead body... ran behind the the trains, dove through the little corner area between the two buildings near the flag, dumped 2 ex-paks and blew the Stag and myself to the afterlife.

The coincidence of the ex-paks blowing and the Stag appearing was the topic of much humor.... oh the irony.

It was fun.

Oh, Fehér had beef with carrots and cabbage. He had bread with his soup.

Pz[PkF]|UselessSmacktard
02-05-2004, 10:17 PM
The Wespe at Nancy, blowing incoming full jeeps of allied soldiers to pieces.