PDA

View Full Version : Allies...watch your numbers please!

12-21-2003, 12:25 AM
http://hometown.aol.com/rule62/myhomepage/plus8.jpg

It was really surprising how often you guys had the server maxed out, and were playing with 27 and 28 players today. A couple of times you were even playing with players in violation of the +5 rule as well.

All we can do from the Axis side is to ask politely that you manage your numbers. I know most of you guys from previous WaW campaigns. I know that you know better. It's easy to lose track of numbers in the heat of battle. On the other hand, it was disappointing for you to have shown so little regard for the requests from Axis to play be the rules as far as your numbers go.

We had several players who couldn't make it into the server. Just remember that they have just as much right to join the battle as do you and yours.

You guys can do better than this. :wink:

12-21-2003, 12:50 AM
Well, seeing as how you only had 20 people, our people that were "over" could have very well been yours connecting to the server.

12-21-2003, 12:57 AM
Actually, about 3 rounds today that I've seen (and I've only played 5 or so) should be invalidated completely because Allies have been over the entire time.

[Retired]Proton
12-21-2003, 12:59 AM
posts like this are really not necessary .. we are not deliberately going over limit but its doesnt help that we have so many people waiting to come in and people that dont adhere to the rules. You will notice however that it is sorted out quickly and dealt with by both Axis and Allied CO's .. thus no need for this post.

Added comment .. people that do put us over the limit are immediately told to go off thus dont play .. thus dont have any effect on the round... thus thus thus

12-21-2003, 01:21 AM
Obviously this is the optimal Proton, however it is not reality. Allies are going over for entire rounds, and the officers are not stopping it. Period. The entire last round that was reported just a bit ago by Fiddler in the topic, Allies were 26 the entire time, with SoulThief telling them 3 times to lose one, yet no1 diconnected, not even once. That's pretty ridiculous.

Ar[J35]NorthernMonkey
12-21-2003, 01:30 AM
^^|Error]Obviously this is the optimal Proton, however it is not reality. Allies are going over for entire rounds, and the officers are not stopping it. Period. The entire last round that was reported just a bit ago by Fiddler in the topic, Allies were 26 the entire time, with SoulThief telling them 3 times to lose one, yet no1 diconnected, not even once. That's pretty ridiculous.

Look Error,ive heard the officers plenty of times ask people to leave who have joined without asking,you dont honestly think that they dont give a sh**.Bfe went random to stop this allies/axis mentality,seems to me by some of your posts(one in particular tonight) that you still see allies as real enemies.Its a game.They do their best to get numbers even.A lot of times weve asked people to leave only to discover its a member of the other team on our side.

PKS/ Glen
12-21-2003, 01:41 AM
At the time you took that screenshot, both the Allied and Axis HK were both aware that it was 3 Axis players on the Allied team.

There are a few other reasons why both teams have had problems with our numbers today, not least neither side being able to kick anyone because of RSM problems.

12-21-2003, 01:44 AM
The point of this post was just to bring it to your attention, since the dozen or so requests that were made in battle didn't seem to right the problem. As a ranking officer on the server during the many rounds that you guys wouldn't respond to our requests to drop to the allowed number of players, surely a post and a polite request for you guys to do your part is fair enough. Like I said, I know most of you guys. None of this is meant to be personal or insulting. We have players who look to the officers to try to help. Again, surely that is fair enough. You guys would do the same for yours as well. I can understand about the RSM issues too. Thanks for your responses guys. :wink:

Me|//Rule303
12-21-2003, 01:45 AM
Please bear in mind that we also did not have RSM access for todays battle. The Pte.Mercenary case in point, he refused to get off the server. We had NO way of kicking people who jumped on the server and refused to leave. When that particular incident occured (and on 3 other separate incidents), I ordered one of my para's off the server to get our numbers down. We DID NOT ignore the numbers.

Another point is that the allies have been rotating our men in from our waiting rooms at about the half-way point in the battle.As players are entering and leaving, the number may very well have jumped up to 28, but I know for a fact that my players were "passing" each other while rotating. Passing meaning incoming and disconnecting at the same time. For breif moments those players both show up in the players screen.

68R|Rc Petru
12-21-2003, 03:19 AM
At one point when we had 26, I checked the teams on Tracker and there were 2 Axis on Allies, and one of them even had a few kills.

Koolkal[OldSkool]
12-21-2003, 04:01 AM
Look, the main problem was the RSM not working. I know because I had to wrestle with it for 10 minutes trying to restart Wake... :roll: Just drop this subject please.

12-21-2003, 04:17 AM
JF: Yes, I do have a problem with a few Allies, but basically it is the leftovers of the officer corps I always had a problem with.

Everyone else: It doesn't matter if RSM isn't working, tell them to leave or you'll ban them, then they will leave. And there is absolutely no excuse to be 3 over.

68R|Rc Petru
12-21-2003, 04:41 AM
^^|Error] tell them to leave or you'll ban them, then they will leave. And there is absolutely no excuse to be 3 over.

Even when the majority of the time it's Axis players connected and taking time to change sides?

Cyan Winters
12-21-2003, 04:43 AM
Since when is the majority of anything once or twice? Is it so hard for you allies to admit your wrong? EVER?! Everyone saw the allies with 26+ constantly and for long periods of time. Stop making excuses and admit that you guys were wrong. If people didnt leave when told more responsible individuals could have left instead.

PKS/ Glen
12-21-2003, 04:46 AM
No more allies post in this thread.

Any discussion about any incident in the battle will take place between the Allied and Axis CO's.

Admins, please lock this thread.

Cyan Winters
12-21-2003, 04:49 AM
Thats up to Kommisar or whoever has the stats. But when they show up, youll see how unfair it was.

whiskeyjack
12-21-2003, 09:27 AM
well i dont complain ...in fact i never have since i joined WAW4 but i played for most of the first 8 hrs and it seems to me the ALLIES were over by upto 3 plenty of rounds and sometimes for nearly the whole round... i know for at least one round this stopped me rejoining the server. Im not pointing fingers but this needs to be addressed for future battles... apart from that Good game all :salute:

GjW IDgaf
12-21-2003, 10:48 AM
Instead of having to balance men, why isn't there some kind of points penalty on having too many players?

This can be monitored after the fact using server logs. The penalty can be can great the longer that a side has too many people.

64F|Pv Nasty
12-21-2003, 11:36 AM
Locked.

Same old arguments :(