PDA

View Full Version : Abusive language on the server needs attention.

elric
11-21-2003, 06:17 AM
In the interest of the campaign as a whole, there should be some temporary admins assigned to guard the servers from immature players who regularly use offensive language until the campaign starts.

Maybe the TA/CO's can decide which players are responsible enough to apply this task.

Abusive language should not be tolerated.

PS: oh not to mention the TK'ers :roll:

[Ret]Interpol
11-21-2003, 06:23 AM
elric, I think we need to give admin power to the tonge sticking out guy in your sig, he seems like a good guy, always keeps a good rhythm.

I second this, it is too bad when one asshat is ruining the game for 25+ other odd people. Then again, it is a fine line to walk between having not enough and too many but, if anyone can do it, this crew can.

-Interpol

11-21-2003, 09:27 AM
****, ****, mother ****ing, piece of ****, *** eating little bastard.

:P

[]gg
11-21-2003, 09:34 AM
I heard a recording (I think it was last campaign) of a fella that cursed ingame in 21CW (I think). You're not him aren't you? :lol:
gg

11-21-2003, 09:37 AM
Well think about this young ones, I spent 9 years in the Marines as Infantry/Reconnaissance I talk loud and dirty to ensure I get my point across. But I promise to try and keep in toned down for ya, until I get realy upset that is. That recording was not me that was LawDog.

64F|Pv Nasty
11-21-2003, 09:42 AM
WhiteWolf]That recording was not me that was LawDog.

Now that was funny. Was like sitting through a script reading for Full Metal Jacket :D

[]gg
11-21-2003, 09:56 AM
Yeah, I know. Was quite funny but I would not be that happy if I heard that on the mic. Personally, I was not in the army (our gouvernment abandoned the idea of mandatory duty) so I can not speak on that. I can imagine however that you need such words to get someones attention, or dedication. I think its not that easy. But I do not think the same would work in bfe to be honest. Yes, I agree, if something is going wrong, you need to let yourself heard, but otherwise its not necessary in my opinion.
gg

[D15]~KA|SoulThief
11-21-2003, 09:56 AM
I WON'T TOLERATE ANY CRAP on ts from axis players. Period. And I'm sure ordos won't either nor Nazghul.

[]gg
11-21-2003, 10:02 AM
We know, we know. I don't think we are going to use it SoulThief. 8)
gg

11-21-2003, 10:17 AM
No one was saying they are going to GIVE ANY CRAP, I was just ensuring gg and elric, I for one will try to tone it down for them when I am on or not talk at all for that matter, coming from 21CW we dont have this cursing rule so it will take me some gettting used to.

NaKeD
11-21-2003, 11:48 AM
any crap on TS can be traced back to koolkal, im sure :P

also, IMO we need more admins.. theres plenty people round here that can be trusted with it

[44M]E|PFC.Kay
11-21-2003, 12:18 PM
White Wolf definetly knows how to trash talk or curse, and I heard things of him that were totally unacceptable in RL. But I´m 100% sure, that he´s mature enough to know when to shut up. So search for somebody else you can blame.

In the past if you did BS on TS, everyone will know sooner or later, and when the campaigne starts, those guys will have a hard time, so, just keep cool and relax.

[Long Gone]Cap^Japs
11-21-2003, 12:26 PM
I still have my server admin from last campaign which I open up if there is need during pub play. As the passwords have not been changed yet I figured this was ok, and tend to keep an eye out for bad behaviour, when I see it. I have kicked a few ppl and banned one guy for repeated offences after he was warned alot, over 2 days by me.
Then the fool came back and started swearing at me in a foreign language :shock:
Anyways I only use it for that and maybe changeing a map if requested by the majority on the server. Although one day it came in handy as we was playing and for some reason it changed map and was vanilla BF on Berlin. So when we reaslised, or rather Naked did, I switched it FH and added the FH maps back onto the server listing.

Idea: :thumbsup: (damn all those emoticons and no light bulb)

The admins set up two account passes. One for officers for battle days, one for respected and trusted admins for pub times. Try to get some ppl that are regulary on the server playing, cus often there is no one on with server admin.

64F|Pv Nasty
11-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Cap^Japs]
Idea: :thumbsup: (damn all those emoticons and no light bulb)

:idea:

Good idea. There are lots of vets that could be trusted with the server I reckon.

74M|Pv.Kommisar
11-21-2003, 02:03 PM
Actually, if you remember from the big announcement I made in the previous forums; I've already set that up :P . Right now, as it stands, all officers of the rank of Captain and up will recieve SA on TeamSpeak and a level of access to the Remote Server Manager. Generals and CinCs will have higher server access of course.

Right now I have one Server Admin: Briggz. I am about to select a few more (PS: DO NOT ASK TO BE ONE!!! I WILL TURN YOU DOWN). I just wanted to see who all was getting picked up to be ossiffer types before picking too many.

Officers, I will be posting some guidelines for you all in the officer's mess on moderating the TS server and the battle server. So, keep an eye there. If you do not have access and are a CAPTAIN or higher in rank, please contact me.

SWEARING and other behavior in TS.

In all things there is a balance gentlemen (and ladies :bow: ). The occassional cursing in jest and such is not such a big deal. But when it seems that half the words coming out ones mouth is a vulgar statement... the balance is shifted. Here are some simple guidelines for all of you to follow, vets and recruits alike.

1) If you are annoying several people in a channel, quit or leave!
2) Do NOT play music or other such things in TS channels unless everyone in that channel wants to hear it. Generally, the channels set up to play various games is a bad place to do this.
3) If you want to go nuts with a few of your buddies on TS, then go to ARKHAM ASYLUM!!! I set this channel up specifically for this. Use it and stay out of trouble.
4) Always keep in mind that just because YOU find something funny does not mean that everyone else does as well. :wink:

5) RESPECT OTHER PLAYERS AT ALL TIMES.

That should get most of you through general TS usage. It's all about the common sense guys. Those of you that have this ability, use it. :wink:

NaKeD
11-21-2003, 02:11 PM
what exactly is the rule reguardingmain base / uncappable spawn camping?
i always ask tanks / large infantry forces to back off, but usually not single troops

[vi]Minusorange
11-21-2003, 02:11 PM
Do the rules apply in game if you suffer from tourettes syndrome ? :lol:

11-21-2003, 02:44 PM
T|Pte.Minusorange]Do the rules apply in game if you suffer from tourettes syndrome ? :lol:

YEA YEA thats me I fall in that category! Well I set up a new system with my mouse and microphone where when any bad words come out of my fu-- OUCH mouth I get shocked! It seems to work pretty goda---OUCH! Good

[vi]Minusorange
11-21-2003, 02:47 PM
WhiteWolf]
T|Pte.Minusorange]Do the rules apply in game if you suffer from tourettes syndrome ? :lol:

YEA YEA thats me I fall in that category! Well I set up a new system with my mouse and microphone where when any bad words come out of my fu-- OUCH mouth I get shocked! It seems to work pretty goda---OUCH! Good
:lol: I hope to pwn you in battle :cheers:

[Long Gone]Cap^Japs
11-21-2003, 02:51 PM
~~~|NaKeD]what exactly is the rule reguardingmain base / uncappable spawn camping?
i always ask tanks / large infantry forces to back off, but usually not single troops

Maybe out of respect for the pubbies and the new recruits we are trying to set an example to, we should maybe forbid spawn camping when the server is public.
Agreeing with NakeD, one or two troops annoying the non-cappable spawn is ok, but columns of tanks we could put a stop to.
Obviously, long range arty bombings would be allowed, the same with aircraft bombings.

We don't want to loose players just because the WaW players are good at organised assualts and could maybe easily spawn camp. Players will just leave if it is continuous.

[vi]Minusorange
11-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Cap^Japs]

We don't want to loose players just because the WaW players are good at organised assualts and could maybe easily spawn camp. Players will just leave if it is continuous.

And what about in game battles last campaign the axis had times when we were base camped to hell yet we (axis) never once overwhelmed the Allies main base stopping them from even trying to cap a flag. The gentlemans agreement just doesn't work so maybe a base camping rule could be applied where no more than 2 tanks or something can camp a main base ?

11-21-2003, 03:03 PM
T|Pte.Minusorange]
WhiteWolf]

Yea youd love to hear me electricute the sh-----OOOOUUUCH of myself wouldnt you?

[vi]Minusorange
11-21-2003, 03:06 PM
WhiteWolf]
T|Pte.Minusorange]
WhiteWolf]

Yea youd love to hear me electricute the sh-----OOOOUUUCH of myself wouldnt you?
No i'd rather just watch you die slowly on the battlefield and take screenshots of it to show you on here :twisted: :silly: :lol:

11-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Boy do you got a suprise comin to you, I am no noob off the street, you better be quiet and stealthy comin into my back yard.

PK[31ToL]BigRed
11-21-2003, 03:32 PM
The trash talk starts.........................

74M|Pv.Kommisar
11-21-2003, 03:32 PM
Well, this has gone WAY off topic!

Spawncamping: WHY this got brought up here, I have no idea. But, here's how it stands.

Pub play: probably not a good idea

Official Battles: there will be NO official Spawncamping rule. And Minusorange, please for the Love of <enter your deity here> stop dregging up the "wrongs" of previous campaigns :roll:

[vi]Minusorange
11-21-2003, 03:36 PM
WhiteWolf]Boy do you got a suprise comin to you, I am no noob off the street, you better be quiet and stealthy comin into my back yard.
Boy i ain't no noob off the street either you better wotch yo mo'fo back cos i'm a comin' for ya :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Kommi i was just merely making a point about the past and afterall without a yesterday there is no today or tomorrow so there!

NaKeD
11-21-2003, 04:34 PM
Both sides done it last campaign :roll: , and why the hell shud issues from last campaign affect this one anyway, the teams are been randomised