Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College Football

I am right now watching the ARK v Tenn game from 1998 and I know what is going to happen. Stoener is going to fumble and we are going to lose. Basically its number 1 v number 2 and we had that mother****er. My brother always blames Sterner and calls him stoner but I know, we were never meant to win that SOB even with more and better skill players. WE WERE NEVER GOING TO WIN IT. I don't know why but it could never happen.

Ok I blame Broyles, he got rid of Holtz when he became too popular, he was too hard on Ken Hatfield and he probably screwed up Houston Nutt. He was the be all and end all at this school and he didn't want anybody to get better than him since he won it all in 64.

This new coach don't have that problem, everybody is gone now, we will win it all, as long as he don't leave, in the next 5 years.

So this is my first post in the new college football thread and it is full of basically a damn conspiracy from the long ago past.

THATS COLLEGE FOOTBALL BABY
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: College Football

If you want to watch an SEC team (The Hogs) lose to Portland State, put it on the SEC network right now.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok they held on, Rakim Boyd, great, when isn't he great, the 3 freshmen receivers, good, the defense ok. The rest of it a mess. They put the 2 and 3's in on D, they allowed a bunch of yards, committed numerous penalties, then they had to put the 1's back in after they had sit awhile and they allowed a score.

At least we aint Tennessee, they lost to Georgia St. Memphis beat Ole Miss, my brother will be so happy. I was supposed to be down there but my hands hurt too much to drive that far. We might have gone to the game if the tickets came through but that guy was drunk so it probably would not have worked out.

Oregon, Aryton, is back, maybe they don't win this game but they are back.

Hogs wore out Boyd last year, coach took him out awhile today, put him back to use a little clock but still under 25 touches. The receivers, need to get the ball more, they are very very skilled but young. QB, ok, they started Hicks, everyone was wanting Starkle, THE ARM THE ARM, he goes in and throws a pic, coach does not put him back in despite Hicks not being real good. Starkle goes in throws another pic, we lose.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louisville, has a defense, If Bobby had allowed his coaches to recruit defenders or allowed his D coaches to have more time to coach instead of being all offense all the time, he might still have a job.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notre Dame, going by this, even if they win aint making the final 4 like everyone was saying. Hell I'm drunk, I'm gonna play some ARMA or get into a fight with some of the poisoness people on funnyjunk. I wish I was in 1984 just a for 6 hours. I'm too tired to do longer than that.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear, the people on the radio have no clue whats going on and neither do I. Was that vanilla? Is that why we stunk on offense? Was it a combo of that and the Portland St. coaches knowing how to confuse the Arkansas QB especially if were going to stay in vanilla offense and he couldn't make certain calls to make them show the real defense?

Did anyone see Jalen Hurtz play, DAAAAMMMNN. When you add a QB who can run to basically the same offense the Hogs run it makes a huge difference.
    Basically it makes it the triple option only with a pass option instead of the fullback dive. No schools history is more about the triple option than Oklahomas. Its like when the RPO came out it was made for them.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs man, this sucks. Maybe change QB's at half. If we have one of the freshmen who can run play him. I swear, Ben Hicks ran the ball once and I said ****, on one of my good days I can run faster than that, it was awful. Plus he's missing too many receivers, then one fell down when he could have scored.

I was rooting like hell for ARMY, they almost beat Michigan.

Damn is LSU good. On gameday, Corso put on the Tiger hat and pissed off the Longhorn fans and Mathew McGonehay who took it off Corso's head and threw it into the crowd. Looks like Coach Corso is going to get this pick right.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Petrino seems to spend much time in the state. My theory is, he is waiting and those who keep inviting him back are keeping him close in case the current coach fails. 5 or 6 wins this year and Chad Morris stays, 4 its iffy, 2 or 3, he's gone.

Bobby is an Ahole and I do not think players like playing for him anymore since is rep is now far and wide.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pitt, they're doing some different stuff to keep up with Penn St. Little running back lines up at left tackle, for a second Penn St was kinda bothered by it then they noticed the left tackle had just moved to the right side. The back though was uncovered, went out for a pass and caught it for a 1rst down.

Just running enough to keep State honest but now and then it works, their QB is good and getting used to the intensity of playing state in Happy Valley.

10-10 at half.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs may not stop anyone but bygod Starkle can go down the field and score.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn coach is holding Starkle back. He got cautious, with a 7 point lead and didn't let him go and now we've give it back to them tied.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad Morris, he cannot hold Starkle back and play cautious. He has Starkle, a trio of running backs and the best group of freshman wideouts this school has ever had, plus the tight ends. He has little defense, HE HAS TO F ING SCORE ALL THE DAMN TIME. They won but it he almost blew it. Bobby is waiting and those who want Bobby are waiting for him to fail.

The defense stopped Colorado state at the end cause they hit the starting QB and knocked him out, got called for a late hit on that but the guy who hit him was blocked and stumbled into him, it wasn't on purpose. **** happens.

You cannot count on knocking the starter out to win. The defense, man, they got tired of getting beat up the middle last year so we are toooo much in the middle and now no one is on the edge and now we are getting beat there. They caused some turnovers, good but they got to get better.

BOBBY IS WAITING CHAD AND THOSE WHO WANT HIM ARE WAITING, FOR YOU TO FAIL.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    Pitt, they're doing some different stuff to keep up with Penn St. Little running back lines up at left tackle, for a second Penn St was kinda bothered by it then they noticed the left tackle had just moved to the right side. The back though was uncovered, went out for a pass and caught it for a 1rst down.

Just running enough to keep State honest but now and then it works, their QB is good and getting used to the intensity of playing state in Happy Valley.

10-10 at half.
    Pitt should have won, I hated to see Tony Dorsett watch them fail, one of the greatest running backs in college or the NFL ever. Tony will be alright though. I hope those players don't give up, they can get to a good bowl game this year.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not college ball but I wonder if Ben Roethlisberger's injury to his elbow is the same as Terry Bradshaw's back in the early 80's. Be weird if the same elbow injury took out 2 HOF QB's who played for the same team. Knee injuries sure, those happen all of the time but elbows going out don't usually happen to anyone in football not even to QB's even though they do use them more than any other player on the field.

Big Ben might not be gone for good, Bradshaw's injury happened way back then and it was "fixed" back then but it didn't last. Maybe now it cn be fixed to last. His last pass was a TD pass though and he felt the pop that ended his career as he threw it, I saw it on tv and saw him run off holding his elbow. Bradshaw and Ben do not get along with each other, something about Bradshaw not liking how Ben has treated women in the past and Ben not liking that Bradshaw said anything about it.