09-16-2019
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First things to look for when something doesn't work

I made this thread so when one of us spends a damn hour or more trying to fix something and we find it and say "WHAT A ****ING MORON I AM". You put that stuff here in this thread.

Spent 3 hours trying to figure out why the triggers on a sector stopped firing. Things didn't appear, you couldn't spawn there, the sector would not change sides, nothing. Changed the conditions multiple times in the triggers, did everything I could except remember I had changed that sector out while editing but I didn't name the variable that all the triggers were set to. I had named it where it shows on the map but the variable doesn't show on the map.

ALWAYS GIVE THINGS THAT NEED A VARIABLE NAME A VARIABLE NAME.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    09-16-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: First things to look for when something doesn't work

A sector will not assign, will not change sides. A second cause I've found and then repeated to make sure it wasn't something else.

If you have a trigger with an area that is disabling something, such as the new vehicle respawn thing, in which one sides stuff will not respawn unless they own the sector. That will disable the sector if its over the icon that marks the center part of the sector. Also it may do it if you use the show hide modules with a trigger with an area instead of linking them. So make sure you don't cover the icon of the sector with a triggers area.

Side note:
    Linking vehicles to a trigger which is linked to a show hide module is bad. That will hide it no matter where it is even with someone in it.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    09-16-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: First things to look for when something doesn't work

I cannot for the life of me find a way to make mines disappear or be deleted with a trigger or be hidden with show hide. I don't know if its because they are on the ground or partly under ground or if its what they are and I'm not referring to them by their right category.