Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARMA 3 script thread

Since I've started to try to make a map worth a crap I've had to look for scripts because some of the modules in the editor don't work for me and some of them need script written in the attributes when you open the module.

This script here below in the spoiler is saved in the mission folder and the file is named init.sqf . I think you can add other things to the init.sqf because when i got the script it only made one safe zone so I just copied and pasted, change the name of the marker in the paste and it worked.

This one will make two safe zones where the enemy can attack the main base or other safe zone but they will do no damage to anything or kill anyone. This one 500 meters by 325 by 50 meter high. I made it that high so you could shoot at planes that flyover and do damage to them as long as you are outside the safe zone when you fire. I may move it down to 25 meters.

You go to makers in the editor select either a rectangle or ellipse, it doesn't matter you can change it to the other. You name it something like baseareamarker1 and the other with a 2 at the end. The script finds that marker, centers on the center of it and makes a safe zone.

Thanks to Jshock and Heeeere's johnny! for doing this almost 2 years ago.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ARMA 3 script thread

I've looked all over and found scripts to cause a vehicle or other stuff to respawn just like you want it to but only if that thing spawns on round start. If you have it spawn later due to being triggered by a sector being captured or some other event it will spawn once only. When I use one of the custom scripts to try to make it do it, it shows an error, still plays, still spawns the vehicle later, still only once.I am assuming that it is because I had the vehicle set to spawn later and the custom script is trying to spawn it on round start.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay that can't work right now because everything spawns/is created on round start. You can hide it but when blown up after being unhidden by the trigger it won't respawn. If the trigger that unhides it is triggered again it should respawn, say you lose a sector and then regain that sector later. That works for me.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I write this stuff it may be old hat to some.

Cutting and pasting then renaming is much of what you do once you have most of the modules and stuff that you want. Wanted a reinforcement trigger for when either side has lost flag/sector nearest to them, they get extra tanks and planes. Cut an pasted the mortar spawn triggers and the hide/show modules, renamed them, changed the sector involved and shazam it works tanks pop up, thing is I gotta figure out to change it. I only really want it to work when one side has all 3 sectors, haven't figured that out yet.

You end up with triggers and modules all over the place while editing. "WTF is that" is what sometimes think while doing it. Then I click it and than I still have to figure it out.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Russian anti tank gun, the sight doesn't move up and down, only left and right and I've found no way to fix that so I will have only German AT guns on my map. "Comrade, we've had to steal nazi AT guns since our sights are screwed up". The guns look mobile but with just me they don't move, maybe it takes two.

The mortars have a aiming computer, I don't know if that is an Iron Front thing or an ARMA3 thing. Since I've not set them up completely level someone would still need someone else spotting/adjusting the shot. I can't find how to put mortar ammo in the ammo truck cause I can't find the ammo for them. They start with 8 and thats what you get.

Maybe doing a map in ARMA is too easy once you learn how to do at least the simple stuff. I spend mucho time adding more and more stuff, I keep going "oh yeah I want to have it do this too". I don't know if anyone will ever play it but it feels good to have made a battle ON ONE OF THE ****ING GAMES I'VE BEEN PLAYING FOR YEARS!!! It damn sure helps the map is already made LOL. I never could do an FH2 map or battle. FH1 was basically over with for most people when I first started trying to.

I think tomorrow I will finish it. Maybe.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap something is wrong with the safe zone, any vehicle that spawns in it can't be killed even after leaving.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so none of the safe zones worked like I wanted, the one above made the vehicles indestructible. The last one which I didn't bother to post only worked after a vehicle went out and then came back in. Why? Because while you spawn in later so the script has run and you are safe. The vehicles on the other hand are put on the map before any custom script runs so they are not safe.

The game editor has a protection zone you can lay down but its hard coded to be 25 meters round. It runs before anything spawns or something. So it works. At first I was plopping them down one at a time like a moron and then finally I accidentally selected 15 of them when I only wanted to move one. OH Hell I thought, I can make a blob of 20 or 40 and then copy and paste, make the base safe zone as big as I want. Plus since its part of the game already it has no anti hack problems.

So first battle is almost done.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost,,, except once I fixed that I found 20 other things I hadn't done yet. Bailing Out is a moron.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To anyone who who has either tried or wants to try to make a custom loadout in IronFront Litle, multiplayer.

I am making them for my battles but I found out if you have to do it a bothersome way. Leave the uniform as is the first time in the virtual arsenal loadout editor, which you go to when you right click on the unit on the map after you've placed them. I always start with unequipped soldier, it is the only way I've managed to keep thing in the backpack or vest.

Do not change any part of his uniform, add some nades to his vest or whatever you can fit, save it as whatever you want to name it, my last one was "Ger Lite Rifleman". Export it, just do it, don't ask.

You right click him again and play as him, he has all his stuff and YOU CAN ACCESS IT!! For some reason if you change the uni in any way then you have to go CTRL+G to give him access to his nades. Now you go back and replace that recruit uni, save, export click Ok.

I've done it so I know he still has his stuff and access, then go an replace the helmet and other stuff. It is no use loading anything like mines or AT rockets onto them without doing that save an export thing with just the unequipped soldier. Leave the uni alone the first time through. Don't change the vest, don't add a backpack until you do the save, name it, click ok, export and click ok again.

I wondered, I cursed and I smoked some cigars and thought. Then it just happened/worked by accident like usual.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I could make them spawn with it the first time but after hitting respawn they spawned in as unequipped soldier, just a rifle and some K98 mags. Its an improvement but not all the way there yet.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently to not have to do a bunch script/text you have to put down a Zeus game master module, link it to a unit, that unit needs to have a name in the variable name field and that name is given to the module as its owner.

Then you play it on multiplayer. After getting into the game you play as that unit, in my case as abc, call the module with Y, Then place a unit, place a Zeus arsenal on the unit, edit its loadout and save it. Now all I have to do is find a away to have it in the respawn screen loadout select but that is coming and they can still be accessed as is. Unless you go back to the lobby you can't change loadouts as it is though. You can only do it through the role selection there in the lobby.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 12-05-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://configs.arma3.ru/

The class names are all there, click the mod. I'm going to use to make my own shop in HoverGuy's Simple Weapon Shop System. I can set the price to 0 and it will be a custom loadout system if it will accept the names of IFL weapons, it will not allow the weapons in one addon or mod right now.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished Village Of The Damned FINALLY!!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=814879687

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been working with VAS, have it working kinda although some things go missing in gear selection and I haven't figured out why. Plus you cannot fully load the panzerschreck backpack, you load 2 into it and can't load more. Also haven't got all the stuff for the Soviets. Did get all the modern stuff out of it cause the guy who made it made it easy to do. As soon as you input stuff to allow, it automatically does not allow any thing else without filling out/editing the part of the script which would disallow certain things.

It could have partially broken in the last ARMA 3 update since it uses some ARMA stuff and is not stand alone.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My repair rearm set up. The only ones I got that will work. One for East/Soviet, one for West/Germans. When I tried make them exactly the same in the new battle they just throw errors with no explanation. This is only for morons like me.

Anyway, you take these and put them in the compositions folder. ARMA 3/ other profiles/your name/compositions.

http://https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t0...L1cjF6dta?dl=0

Okay I edited this to just put the entire compositions folder in there at dropbox
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 01-13-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta find some other place to upload to. I did have a place but I can't remember where it is.

Anyway, you can't change those modules or triggers except for position, roatation and size, the marker can be changed but it doesn't do anything except mark. I have tried to make those modules be only active if you take a sector but then they just quit working. They work as they are.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is better I think. Drop box link to the whole composition folder.

A couple of those I wouldn't bother with but right now I can't say which because dropbox didn't copy the file it cut them so now I have to download my own damn files back.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t0mz1cpil...L1cjF6dta?dl=0
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 01-13-2017 at 01:49 PM.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD*|Lorden's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bailing, you should jump on Teamspeak and speak with me and Archimonday, we've been working on Arma3 mods/missions on our end also.
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden
    I'm so sexy it burns when I pee...

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorden View Post
    Bailing, you should jump on Teamspeak and speak with me and Archimonday, we've been working on Arma3 mods/missions on our end also.
    I have had internet and then not had it for a few days now. You will see I am on the website but right after that it goes out. Hell the old landline phone is doing the the same thing. You have to have the minimum phone service to have the internet in case you wonder. I have been inside boxes I am not supposed to inside of and can't find anything wrong. Redneck engineers "A BOX, A BOX, LET ME GET INSIDE IT AN SEE WHAT I CAN SEE!'. I went so far as to go to the local phone maintenance building, after getting nowhere with the people in India, no phone company people there but I found a contractor who had the local numbers of the local guys. Not supposed to give me those numbers but he did. So I expect the guy I called to be here today or tomorrow to fix it. I told him "I aint tellin you who gave me this number". the problem is outside or its their modem, I eliminated everything else.

Edit Ok it is suddenly working very fast now, I feel like he went to the internet exchange thing, wherever that is and found what was wrong there.

I wish Ariana Grande was working on the problem, she is the hardest working 23 year old girl in the world.

Edit, still going off and on, really fast when its on.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 01-18-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I have internet I want to say this.

It says ARMA 3 Mod Team beside my name. I do not really script much. I make battles, I figure out how to hook modules together, most times this has already been figured out, sometimes I do something different. I do the best I can but I'm older an this stuff is not something I grew up with. Got a computer in 99. Took it apart on the living room floor cause I had never seen how one was made. Never could figure out how to do much with battlefield 42 or 2. Mills, plants and factories is what I've done for a living. I do odd things that sometimes work though and I hope this helps. None of this can be be made to work by hitting it with a chunk of metal, I've done plenty of that in my life, patience is not one of my virtues says my wife and she is right but I'm learning patience, some and learning about this, some. In factories, mills and plants they want something to work then, not later, that hasn't made me more patient.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    08-12-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mod team can included, scripters, mission editors, map makers etc.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I borrowed some stuff off a few people. I had this working until I noticed my guy has no helmet and no backpack. You gotta go third person or hit inventory to notice. I had the loadout in the menu, the different sides got their stuff only, with the spawn choice, worked great, figured I could just make one after another. So I go and I add the helmet and backpack but that causes and error in the description.ext file, which hasn't changed at all. Only the loadout.hpp file changed. I gots to find out the format for the helmet and backpack in hpp. Also messed up the loadout.hpp trying to fix it but I can put that back. I just aint got time now, got to go to work. Will post the small texts to see if you guys might see the error of my ways.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    08-12-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bailing if you need any scripts or are looking for one, let me know post over in the Script section and I'll see A. If I can find one, or B. get one done for ya.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first battle, Village of the Damned got updated. I took out a spawn point I was using while editing but had forgot to delete. I may add Geist to it later.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I got a backpack on him but I still can't get the helmet

Here it is in the spoiler

Just adding the helmet like I did the backpack doesn't seem to work. I've only made 2 units for test since I see no need to make a bunch until I get 1 or 2 working. He doesn't need the backpack, all his stuff fits in uniform and vest but I will want to add more to others.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the helmet in, I didn't know the helmet became a linked item in a dot hpp file. I can now do loadouts any damn way I like.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of you probably know this who read in here but I've found that triggers that might try to fire at round start actually run better if it doesn't do it right away and if you make the activation game logic and simply make the type present. It will still use the condition or conditions in the expressions below that but it will wait a second or 2. I had problems with my spawn points based on sectors working until I did this.

What it would do at round start is it would say it couldn't find ellipse or rectangle, whichever shape I chose for a respawn marker, if the spawn points were active immediately instead of a second or 2 later as I have it now.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 09-19-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seemed to have hit a max of 7 or 8 spawn positions when the round starts. Don't think its a limit officially but at round start that seems to be all the game can handle.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I finally have fixed it completely. I can make all the spawns work at round start by using timeout and adding a few seconds to when it starts instead of countdown. Countdown I guess starts trying to make them at round start and I see them for a second and then they disappear or they never appear at all.

I never saw it till this morning, I blew up a fountain, the water remains right there, you can hide behind it, you will walk slowly through it, and you cannot crawl through it, the game makes you get up and walk since its not deep enough to swim.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I fixed that /\, KINDA, you have to go to the lobby to change roles, but I aint fixed what I really want to fix which is controlling vehicle spawns. I want them to be dependent on who owns the sector, their **** (the ones owning the sector) should spawn and not the other sides ****. I have spent hours and hours looking on how to control the vehiclespawn module and now I am going through a scripting lesson which I am probably too old for and which will likely not go into using IF, Then, While or the other statements in the context of of using them in the expression line of the module. The scenario I am making is too big to do what they keep telling me to do, which is basically writing my own module for each one and I caint do that anyway completely yet and may never be able to do. All my **** will be location dependent, which is what the modules are great at.

I'm just an old Battlefield 42 player, which I couldn't make a map or scenario for. I got ideas, the scenario I am making/made right now would have been great for FH1 or 2 and I've made most of it but these damn If, When or While statements are hard to do if you didn't grow up with it. Plugging them into a module is even harder. I can kinda do the stand alone/make your own module thing but doing as many as is needed is too much.