this addHeadgear "H_LIB_GER_HelmetCamo";

//comment "Add weapons";
    this addWeapon "LIB_K98";

//comment "Add items";
    this linkItem "ItemMap";
    this linkItem "ItemCompass";
    this linkItem "ItemWatch";
    };

The game has problems with the second way if its in the same file as the first way.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: ARMA 3 script thread

I went another way with it, I get exactly what I want, with selectable roles, the right loadout aside from some stuff not fitting but it throws an error. I put functionary clothes on a US soldier and he had them even after I took them off of him in the editor, it executed the scripted loadout not the loadout I left him with in the editor. I'm thinking of just leaving the error an saying screw it.

EDIT: I did something, wish I knew what and the error went away.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 11-03-2017 at 05:54 AM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't get the toolkit into the backpack until I added it to that particular unit in the init sqf. It was in there but the game threw an error so I took it out of init sqf.

Weirdly though the unit kept the toolkit through multiple saves so I killed the editor, killed the server and exited the game. Came back, still in his backpack. I had tried to add that thing 7 different ways in scripts, its still in the script but only doing that loaded it.

Half my problems come from using independent, guerrilla and resistance in the right place. Init sqf won't really recognize independent or guerrilla, throws an error but you can use them in the description ext and the loadouts worked, there was just the error because init sqf didn't like it.

The other half of my errors is I will be editing the wrong damn file in Atom because I got two windows of it open so I can borrow stuff from another file. Then I wonder why nothings changed when I play/test the scenario.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 11-03-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got loadouts like I want them and they work (without errors) now I want to figure out how to make the vehicle respawn modules only work when when that side has the sector and of course the other sides work only when they own it.

I'm gonna post and example of the loadout structure later, many know how to do it but some don't and the examples that are usually posted don't go past one loadout, figuring thats enough but morons like me need to see the structure of how it is structured with multiple loadouts. Mine is simple, 3 files, but long, copy and paste helps a lot though and with Atom you can change a buttload all at once.

I think the reason that one soldier kept the toolkit (mentioned in and earlier post) after I put it in the init sqf and then took it out of the init sqf after it caused an error but still worked is because it got written into the mission sqm by the game. Thats the only file that writes itself.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 11-04-2017 at 12:34 AM.