PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Cd Key?

DirtyLaundry
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
hey guys, youve been real helpful to me and thx. Just a quick question that can u still play online on WaW with an invalid CD key. Because when i reinstalled bf1942 which was about 1 month ago, i couldn't find my registration code so i looked one up on the internet and found one and installed the game and patch succesfully. But i can't play online on any original bf1942 maps. Can i still play online in WaW or will i have to buy the game again and use a new key???

ADRIFTER
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
your going to need a valid CD-key to play with us, or on any server using punkbuster for that matter.

and no talk of warrez and the like please ;)

Trexer
05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Your cd-key is likely still located in your registry. To locate it follow the following directions.

lick your start button
click run
type regedit
hit enter or click ok
expand the folders on the left until you get to the following folder
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\ergc
right click on "Default" click modify and your CD-Key should be displayed.

DirtyLaundry
06-01-2007, 02:08 AM
i did that and the CD key i found was the one i got from the net and that is the invalid one. I haven't used Regclean or anything like that to erase my registry so will i have to purchase a new game?

York
06-01-2007, 02:46 AM
i did that and the CD key i found was the one i got from the net and that is the invalid one. I haven't used Regclean or anything like that to erase my registry so will i have to purchase a new game?

Most likely.

GjP Jaakko
06-01-2007, 05:41 AM
If your game says that you have invalid CD-key, then you should go to the shop and return it, they then gives new one.

But if it have been bought long time ago, then you have to buy new bf1942.
But don't worry, that game is cheap on these days.