PDA

View Full Version : PC Crashs during FH play.

FlyGuy45
03-17-2007, 05:41 PM
During FH(ONLY FH) my PC will freeze, or go "beep" and restart.
I play on low, I mean EVERYTHING. My specs are:
2 HHD's(FH is on a gaming one)--->No problem, occurred on both HDD's.
Gefore 7800GTX--> May be the trouble.
2 Gigs--> I got new RAM, possibly bad?

And, Avast shows me this.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/FlyGuy45/untitled-6.jpg

:sadpanda:

Distant
03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Is your RAM the same speed/same type (DDR etc) and same size? (1 gig per stick ex.)?

FlyGuy45
03-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Yes it physically the same.

70L|Bg Mr. T
03-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Is it the same DDR speed? I put DDRII 533MHz into my DDRII 667MHz slot (They're the same slot) and my computer wouldn't run.

FlyGuy45
03-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I got the someone to do it for me, he works at a PC shoppe.

Overdriven
03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
And it isn't your graphics card.I've got a GeForce 6600 and i run everything on high and then medium on laggy days.

SugarBear
03-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Check to make sure that there is NOTHING but .rfa files in your FH maps directory. Some foreign file type that I had never heard of snuck into mine about a month ago causing me the same trouble as you are experiencing.

FlyGuy45
03-17-2007, 11:30 PM
0_0, I will check it out Sugar.

@OverDriven: I meant like maybe it got damaged, etc.

KEG Sharpshooter
03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.memtest86.com/
for RAM

For gfx card go grab some new drivers. Or, go and get 3dmark06 and run some tests on the card.

ADRIFTER
03-18-2007, 01:54 PM
with those specs maybe running it on low is causing the problem.........

might you be trying to run a resolution that your monitor doesnt support, like 640x480?

FlyGuy45
03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
H|Sze.Sharpshooter;219030']http://www.memtest86.com/
for RAM

For gfx card go grab some new drivers. Or, go and get 3dmark06 and run some tests on the card.

I got the newest. 3DMark says its fine.

@Adrifter:1280X1024, it should support it!

ADRIFTER
03-18-2007, 02:08 PM
D|SSze.FlyGuy45;219065']I got the newest. 3DMark says its fine.

@Adrifter:1280X1024, it should support it!
i'd imagine :)

but you might want to check that the refresh rate you're using is supported as well. ;)

[WaW]TA|Stubbfan
03-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Have you overclocked your CPU or GFXcard? FH (BF1942) is extremely sensitive about those stuff, aswell as memory problems.

FlyGuy45
03-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Nein. :-(

Jenkl
03-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Why do you play on low? You should be able to blast your settings. It may seem counterintuitive, but turn things up and see what happens. Watch if the frequency/time before a crash changes when you change the settings.

Determine your monitors native specs (if its an LCD) and make sure you arent stepping out of bounds there...

Can you pinpoint when the problem started?
Also, make sure you run all the tests and checks that have been noted. Im sure youve already done a fresh install, but, if its not too much trouble, you may want to start a new fresh install now (completely fresh, get rid of the folder and old maps entirely, or at least keep old maps you may want to keep seperate on the other HD temporarily) just during the troubleshooting phase. Keeping the number of things that could be the problem down just makes it easier.

70L|Bg Mr. T
03-19-2007, 03:58 AM
Hmm. Try yanking the new RAM stick out and run it again. Also, which PC store? As in a store dedicated to selling PCs, or a store with a computer department?

[Retired]JoaoRatao
03-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Do you have other games more recent and graphic intensive than FH?

Check to see if the fans both for you graphics card or your cpu are working, or if it's the case, the power cable to your graphics card is connected.

And try to play FH with your case open, to see if it affects anything. If it does not work, then you can rule out heat problems.

Try using a heat and fan monitor program, just to see if there aren't any voltage or heat spikes.

Have you noticed anything different lately, as corrupted graphics, sounds not working properly, inability to see certain image formats?

FlyGuy45
03-19-2007, 10:59 AM
H*|Plut.Johnny;219385']Do you have other games more recent and graphic intensive than FH?

Check to see if the fans both for you graphics card or your cpu are working, or if it's the case, the power cable to your graphics card is connected.

And try to play FH with your case open, to see if it affects anything. If it does not work, then you can rule out heat problems.

Try using a heat and fan monitor program, just to see if there aren't any voltage or heat spikes.

Have you noticed anything different lately, as corrupted graphics, sounds not working properly, inability to see certain image formats?

Sometimes fonts go all askew in FH. I can play BF2 on all high. All fans are working, its a see through case, and I use SpeedFan. Also I have a temperature thing on the front of my PC.

ยค/|Mr.T;219345']Hmm. Try yanking the new RAM stick out and run it again. Also, which PC store? As in a store dedicated to selling PCs, or a store with a computer department?
Yes, its a store dedicated to PC's. I don't think I have to, Memtest says its all good.

D|Kpt.Jenkl;219286']Why do you play on low? You should be able to blast your settings. It may seem counterintuitive, but turn things up and see what happens. Watch if the frequency/time before a crash changes when you change the settings.

Determine your monitors native specs (if its an LCD) and make sure you arent stepping out of bounds there...

Can you pinpoint when the problem started?
Also, make sure you run all the tests and checks that have been noted. Im sure youve already done a fresh install, but, if its not too much trouble, you may want to start a new fresh install now (completely fresh, get rid of the folder and old maps entirely, or at least keep old maps you may want to keep seperate on the other HD temporarily) just during the troubleshooting phase. Keeping the number of things that could be the problem down just makes it easier.

I did a fresh install countless times. I crash anywhere from 5 mins to an hour. I play on low to see if the GFX card if fuxxing up on me. My LCD can handle what Im asking from it.

BsK/ firstblood
03-19-2007, 05:39 PM
I had such problems once, the reason was my case. Somehow the harddrives where able to move and thus they knocked themselves out by vibration. I got my self a new case and now it works just fine.

[Retired]JoaoRatao
03-19-2007, 07:41 PM
You've said it happens more often when you're tanking.

Have you tried playing without sound? Just to see if it crashes.

It could be the engine sounds, and related to your soundcard/chip.

I have my Soundblaster Live! not plugged very well, and everytime I yank the headphones cord it freezes my computer.

FlyGuy45
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I play with no sound already .:-(

HDD's thats a possibility, will fix now.

[Retired]JoaoRatao
03-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Or a damaged cpu.

[Inactive]WED.hicks
03-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Ok. Do other games also crash? Play games like BF2, GRAW or RB6VEGAS. Look how those games are going. Cos if they work, your looking in the wrong direction my friend.

You could do (and I know it's a bit extreme):
- Delete the whole BF folder including FH and reinstall EVERYTHING
and if you are realy desparate:
- Format your Windows partition and reinstall it.

Looking at your specs, there is nothing wrong there. You should ONLY be thinking of broken hardware when you depleted all software solutions. So first do the things I recommended and ONLY then look at your hardware. Cos chances your hardware is broken is always low. 90% of the time it's a software issue my friend.

Jenkl
03-24-2007, 08:00 PM
try borrowing a friends BF copy, if possible. Maybe theres some weird impurity with yours.

FlyGuy45
03-26-2007, 05:38 PM
UPDATE: Good news, I play RO fine, and Blockland(Yes, lol...), BF2. Time to search for EVERYTHING WaW releated on my PC, those bastards. :-P