PDA

View Full Version : Punkbuster problem... Jesus

KaK// LemonV2
12-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Every time I join a game, it doesnt let me talk, doesnt let me switch sides, and it doesnt let me spawn... Punkbuster... If I stay long enough in the game, it'll kick me for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it says Im using an MD5 tool or something like that. Sometimes, it says im losing key packets and sometimes it times me out trying to update my PB client.
Ive tried reinstalling every time this starts happening, but it seems to happen after only 1 or 2 hours of playing.. Im getting really tired of this problem, and I tried using the PBSetup program u can download from the punkbuster website. I dont know if im using it right, because it still kicks me for losing key packets. Could someone tell me how to use it?

:sadpanda:

[SEB]Kharabakh
12-02-2006, 12:22 AM
I don't know what to say... Usually when I have PB problems I just manually donwload and install the files myself, following the instructions on the site.
Hopefully someone else can give you a more detailed help.

Khar

KaK// LemonV2
12-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Now i normally just get kicked for ignoring MD5 queries or losing key packets. I updated my pb, but its still happening... I also see that some other people have this same problem, I think soldier was being kicked for the same thing.

And something else, in game, I sometimes cant see vehicles and I have to press c to go into third person, and it instantly brings me back into 1st person, showing all of the vehicles. Eventually they dissapear again. Is this normal?

Gj**** Cadyshack
12-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Just press F9 once or twice, they should reappear.

BigBlueCheese
12-02-2006, 08:09 AM
What internet do you have? Have you been kicked for MD5 from other servers? Do you have any random mods?

MD5 is the server's way of making sure that your files match its files so that you don't have an unfair advantage. I'm guessing that it might be the packet loss problem. Make sure that you have your internet type in BF set to 128kb or something higher. 56K has known problems with punkbuster as the punkbuster packet is simply too big. In order for this change to take effect, you need to manually set it in game and join a server through the in-game browser.

KaK// LemonV2
12-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Ok, sounds good, I'll try that

KaK// LemonV2
12-04-2006, 01:40 AM
:O!

It worked! BBCheese is now officially my god.

BigBlueCheese
12-04-2006, 05:16 AM
|L3M0NZ;178410']:O!

It worked! BBCheese is now officially my god.
Your problem was the whole reason why I quit playing WaW in the middle of campaign 9.:D

I was actually using 56K up until that point and a punkbuster update upped the packet size so that I couldn't play with a 56K packet size and not get kicked by punkbuster. Of course, if I tried a 128K packet size, I'd only recieve half of the incomming packets, so I couldn't play on punkbuster servers for that year.

I'm an expert on low-bandwidth :D