PDA

View Full Version : Fixing stutter in TS during map load.

cb99
10-07-2006, 02:11 AM
I have to share this "great discovery" I made, because I know there are other with same problem.

During map load, I can't here much on TS, but now a while I have started to notch up the TS process one notch <ctrl del> process in XP, click and rise prior one notch when TS is running.

With that, I have not seen any bad effects, and I now hear TS all the time.

That is for just that session of TS, so you have to do the same next time.

-cb99

MaxHeadroom
10-07-2006, 03:20 AM
Thanks cb - I'll try it tomorrow. You can set the priority to "high" right in TS options too, but that would be 2 notches.

Max

3B|Ct KSolo
10-07-2006, 06:34 AM
What do you mean 'moving up one or two notches'? Do you mean when you press Ctl, Alt, Del and check out the running processes?

cb99
10-07-2006, 11:20 AM
H|Szt.MaxHeadroom;158881']Thanks cb - I'll try it tomorrow. You can set the priority to "high" right in TS options too, but that would be 2 notches.

Max
Np,
I will try the "two notches" one and see if it does not affect anything else, because then you have the big advantage of not need to do it when ever you start TS.

Let me know how it worked for you.

-cb99

cb99
10-07-2006, 11:28 AM
G!*|PPor.KSolo;158899']What do you mean 'moving up one or two notches'? Do you mean when you press Ctl, Alt, Del and check out the running processes?
Yep, and then right click on TS process and tick the one above normal.
If you set it in TS settings it ticks it up two notches by auto magic every time you start it, thanks for that info MaxHeadroom, did not know that and will try it.

I used it a week my self and it solved all my TS stutters stuff during map load, and I have not noticed any negative things.

-cb99

MaxHeadroom
10-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I tried it last night and it worked for me. There may be a slight delay in loadup time, but nothing signifacant. At last, I can hear while loading. Thanks cb

Yes KSolo - right click on the TS process and set the priority higher, or do the same thing in options right in TS.

Max

cb99
10-07-2006, 03:20 PM
H|Szt.MaxHeadroom;158930']I tried it last night and it worked for me. There may be a slight delay in loadup time, but nothing signifacant. At last, I can hear while loading. Thanks cb

Yes KSolo - right click on the TS process and set the priority higher, or do the same thing in options right in TS.

Max
Great.

-cb99